BY CHI

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

What is it: The concave, curved floating plates of the CHI Smart Gemz Magnify offer styling versatility while helping you achieve salon-quality, sleek-straight looks. The convex curve of the iron helps to create voluminous styles at the roots, while the concave curve helps to create flips on the ends. Who is it for: Anyone looking for smooth, amazing, at-home results. It's perfect is for all hair types-fine, medium, and coarse. Ideal for short hair. Why is it different: The combination of zirconium and titanium offer a glide. The ceramic heat technology helps to distribute heat evenly across the plate surface. How do I use it: To straighten hair, section your hair into 3/4" sections. Place the 3/4" iron at the root of your hair, closing it lightly. Glide iron slowly from roots to ends. Grab the next section and repeat. To flip hair, place the iron at mid-shaft and slowly rotate iron away from your body. Repeat for remaining sections. Comb or brush gently to blend sections together. The size of the hair section determines the tightness of the curl. For loose curls, use larger sections. And, for tighter curls, use smaller sections. Place the iron at the root of your hair, lightly close, and pull iron 2" from scalp. Take end of hair strand and wrap it under and around the iron. Continue to gently pull and rotate the iron until you've reached the end of your sectioned hair to create a ribbon effect. The slower you pull, the better the result. Repeat. From CHI Smart.

Keri D.
Starke, FL
Omg. I have had my chi smart for like 3 years now. I usually upgrade every year oh so. But i lovvve this flat iron. The colors are amazing. The case is beautiful and it has the longest cord. Heats up to 410 and can lock it. It has safety feature if the plug in moves it will shut off. It heats up super quick and will cool off super quick. Great flat iron.
Ashlee J.
Moss Point, MS
I have the titanium blade, touchscreen straightener. It heats up within seconds which I love, especially if I’m in a hurry. It also had different settings so I have thin hair so it works for me, and my sister has thick hair so it works for her as well. I wouldn’t trade my straightener for any other kind. It doesn’t pull my hair out either like other straighteners do.
Cristavia B.
Lula, GA
Great product on any hair texture. It’s better than any other hair streaightner I have ever used. I’m an African American woman and it works nicely on my hair. This product is a little pricey but it’s worth every penny in my opinion. I would not only buy this product again but I would also recommend it to a friend.
Suz
I got this and full size version in a set and I really like it especially compared to other chi I've tried in past. I've used many flat irons such as FhI, ghd, sedu, etc etc, and this one has a curved plate design and thinner surface area to get closer to roots and create some volume or curls easily. The travel size heat is constant around 400 so works for most hair types. I was scared of titanium for some reason thinking it would really fry my fine damaged hair but not the case. Working with small sections it get the job done quickly with no snagging. The price is good for the quality, if you only want to spend $100 you can get the set of both! On qvc they often have easy pay and a good return policy check it out, cheers!
Michelle M.
Howell, MI
I have had my CHI for many many years, I would recommend it HIGHLY for hair straightening. My hair is piecey and wavy so this is perfect when I want super straight hair. I purchased mine at ULTA for about 120.00 and I received a heat mat and some hair clips as a bonus. It heats up super fast and gets the job done.  No need to look any further or spend any more than this! You could probably find one cheaper on Amazon.
Kaylee H.
The Chi was my very first hair straightener my parents got me when I was in middle school and it works amazing! After using for so many years I did have to purchase another straightener which of course was another Chi. I wouldn't ever purchase any other brand, this straightens my hair perfectly. I also love how it looks when I use the straightener to curl my hair. I HIGHLY remcommend purchasing a Chi if you are looking into getting a new straightener.
Trish B.
Independence
My go to hair straightener.  I switch between this and another straightener but if I want my hair extra straight that day, I use my chi.  I have fine hair, but a lot of it.  I bleach my hair so damage is something I'm mindful of.  Sometimes it snags my hair on the side of the plates, so it's a little more damaging but I like the look of my hair when i'm done.  It gets those frizzy ends in check.
Madeline D.
CHI products are always quality. I love this set because you get the straightener, clips, and the heat bag all in one set which is so nice. It made for less trips to the store! I have very thin hair, and this is the only straightener that I will use on it. Once I spray some heat product on my hair, I am good to go. Leaves my hair silky and smooth for days!
marykate r.
Philadelphia, PA
I got a good deal on this straightener at Kohls. I have used so many straighteners trying to not to spend alot of money, and they always broke or never did a good job. My CHI straightener is amazing!!! And it lasts FOREVER!!! i had.mine for 5 years and its just as good as the first time i used it
Virginia L.
Silverton, OR
I love my chi! It's the best item ever it makes your hair looks nice and soft and Soft and if you have curly hair like me then you know the hassle of having to pass a straightener through your hair more than once with this you will not have that problem!