Arpi S.
Arpi S.
Glendale, CA
Do you guys use heat protectant prior to straightening or curling your hair?
Mallory W.
Mallory W.
Virginia Bch, VA
2 weeks, 6 days ago
Absolutely. It's a necessity for me since I have to use the highest heat possible.
Amanda J.
Amanda J.
Rochester, MN
1 month ago
I don't use heat protectant very often because it always makes my hair feel greasy - every kind I've tried! Anyone have a recommendation of a heat protectant that won't make my hair greasy or leave a film?
Brandi E.
Brandi E.
Westminster, CA
1 month, 1 week ago
Laura L.
Laura L.
Airdrie , North Lanarkshire
1 month, 4 weeks ago
Yeah, you should always use heat protection on your hair :)
Jamie D.
Jamie D.
Potosi, WI
1 month, 4 weeks ago
Always use heat protectant!
Sidonie L.
Sidonie L.
2 months ago
Yes... always.. it will literally save your hair so much breakage!!
Alex L.
Alex L.
6 months, 4 weeks ago
Yes, always!
Susan H.
Susan H.
Livonia, MI
8 months ago
Always use heat protectant! Your hair will be so dry and damaged if not
Maria S.
Maria S.
Dayton, OH
8 months, 3 weeks ago
Yes, every time I straighten my hair.
Devan F.
Devan F.
Elsmere, KY
9 months, 2 weeks ago
Yes it saves your Hair from being dull and fragile. I always use it before i straighten my hair.
michaela h.
michaela h.
9 months, 2 weeks ago
Yes. Hair protectant gives the hair a more shinier look and keeps it soft and frizz free!
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
Trail, BC
9 months, 3 weeks ago
The jury is out on this one. products can help coat your split ends and smooth hair, but in terms of actual protection, putting oil on your hair before blasting it with heat probably won't mean healthier end results.
Daniela M.
Daniela M.
Birmingham, AL
9 months, 3 weeks ago
Heat protectant is a must! Keeps hair smooth, prevents breakage, and adds additional shine. I have been using L'oréal Sleek It for 2 years now and highly recommend.
VE-0755713 Andreina R.
VE-0755713 Andreina R.
9 months, 3 weeks ago
Yo uso protector de calor para el cabello ocasionalmente, se que es un paso que no deberia saltarme pero cuando tengo prisa lo olvido por completo.
Hannah C.
Hannah C.
Hugoton, KS
10 months, 1 week ago
Yes!! I strongly suggest it so that your hair will still stay nice and healthy and not get fried.
Danielle W.
Danielle W.
10 months, 2 weeks ago
Yes! I always do! It keeps my hair looking more healthy!
Anna P.
Anna P.
Winston Salem, NC
10 months, 2 weeks ago
Yes, I never go without using a heat protectant. I've found that it saves my ends. Also, it can make your hair feel soft, too.
Abby W.
Abby W.
Unionville, MI
1 year ago
I received Chi heat protectant with my flat iron. It does wonders for my hair. I never used heat protectants before and kicking myself for not using them. The difference in my hair was extremely noticeable.
Melissa H.
Melissa H.
3 years, 8 months ago
You should never apply heat to your hair without protectant. I would even recommend a daily leave in conditioner just to protect your hair from everyday exposure to sun, water, and especially if you are a swimmer or color your hair
Megan E.
Emily W.
Emily W.
Kitchener, ON
3 years, 11 months ago
You're supposed to use it on the piece of hair right before you straighten/curl it.
Amanda B.
Amanda B.
Chaska, MN
3 years, 12 months ago
Yes, you should always use it and remember it works better if you put it in your hair while it's damp.
Stephanie D.
Stephanie D.
Cumberland, MD
4 years ago
Yes, you should always use a heat protectant
Crissy E.
Crissy E.
San Antonio , TX
4 years ago
Yes of course, especially because the Chi flat iron gets really hot and you don't want to damage your hair.
Stephanie F.
Stephanie F.
Shamong, NJ
Absolutely
Niki R.
Niki R.
4 years, 1 month ago
Definitely. What I've learned over the years is that it is best for me to use a cream or oil based heat protectant. I like to use products with argan oil or olive oil and I also like to either let them sit in my hair overnight or for a few hours before straightening my hair, since straightening hair when wet is not the best idea.
Maika P.
Maika P.
Burbank, CA
4 years, 3 months ago
I do! i love the tresemme brand because it's affordable and effective!
Katie F.
Katie F.
4 years, 3 months ago
I know I should but I don't. I've found that since I no longer color my hair it's a lot healthier and I don't have to use protectant as much.
Kaylynn S.
Kaylynn S.
Olathe, KS
4 years, 4 months ago
Always use a protectant. Without one you will damage your hair.
Katia S.
Katia S.
Louisville, KY
4 years, 4 months ago
I use it sometimes, but not all the time bc if you have a flat iron with ceramic plates it is not going to damage your hair as much.
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
San Antonio, TX
4 years, 4 months ago
Yes you should always use a heat protectant on your hair to prevent damage. Also for the ladies who wear human hair extensions a heating protectant should also be used to preserve the extensions.
brianna m.
brianna m.
Lincoln Park, MI
4 years, 6 months ago
Yes, you should definitely use heat protectant!
Sare S.
Sare S.
Torrance, CA
4 years, 6 months ago
Yeaa i do! its super important to put on a heat protectant before using a heated product! Even though it won't 100% protect your hair from damage it definitely is better than not using a protectant at all.
Sabrina B.
Sabrina B.
4 years, 6 months ago
Yes, you should definitely use a heat protectant. tresemme has a great heat protectant and so does garnier. the chi one is alright but its more pricey.
Brittany F.
Erica W.
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
4 years, 8 months ago
Sometimes, i try to every time but I tend to forget
Kym N.
Kym N.
Jersey City, NJ
4 years, 8 months ago
Always. It takes just seconds to apply and is always a good idea to protect your hair from damaging heat. Got2be makes a really nice, good smelling, cruelty-free, inexpensive one.
Lizeth H.
Lizeth H.
Moreno Valley, CA
4 years, 8 months ago
Yes heat protector is a must because no matter how good your iron is they always damage your hair
Rose C.
Rose C.
Saint Paul, MN
Yes, I always do.
Caroline S.
Caroline S.
4 years, 9 months ago
YES, I have used salon brands but just switched to the Chi brand. It's pricey but I feel like it's a lot softer and A LOT less oily feelings.
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
Most definitely.
Jaclyn D.
Jaclyn D.
Elk Grove, CA
4 years, 10 months ago
I never use a heat protectant before and my hair its really bad, until i found out about it and now I'm using it and i see a difference in my hair!! so yes i do use a heat protectant before straightening or curling my hair.
Alison M.
Alison M.
4 years, 10 months ago
Yes! I didn't before but then my hair got really damaged. Now I tell everyone to always use it.
Tianah R.
Tianah R.
4 years, 10 months ago
Yes . Always. I didn't for years and my split ends were so crazy I cut my hair. I use it every time now and my hair is back down my back.