CHI Original 1Influenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

CHI Original 1" Ceramic Hairstyling Iron

BY CHI #3 in Hair Straighteners

Smooth. Straight. Sleek. The iCHI flat iron has what it takes to tame your hair to perfection. ceramic far infrared technology heats fast and evenly quick, easy styling; produces silky, shiny hair plates are infused with exclusive CHI 44 Ceramic for no frizz, no snags includes free 2-ounce bottle of Silk Infusion JCPenney limits the sale of all salon products and salon special purchases to 8 of any one item, up to a maximum of 12 items, per customer, per month.

• What color CHI flat iron do you have?54 Answers
  • Do you guys use heat protectant prior to straightening or curling...44 Answers
  • Is this hair iron good for curling as well? 4 Answers
CHI Original 1
CHI Original 1" Ceramic Hairstyling Iron
Rachael D.
Orlando, FL
I have had my Chi for several years now and if still work just as amazingly as when I first purchased. I love the extra long cord which makes it very easy to do your hair just about any where. This has a smart heating feature where it detects the thickness and coarseness of hair and adjustscalp the Temperature to suit your hairs needs. I find this product does not pull my hair or get pieced stuck in it. I feel like this is very superb when it comes to heat damage. My hair is very healthy and I don't struggle with breakage or any problems with heat damage. This makes my hair super straight an shiny and I have very thick naturally curly hair that is very unruly. I wouldn't be able to manage my hair with out this chi flat iron. I couldn't be more thankful it's my number 1 hair product. If I could only use 1 hair product for the rest of my life this chi flat iron would be it. I have had my flat iron for years and I don't see it going out on me anytime soon. When you purchase a child you are making an investment because this product will give you years of great hair. I highly recommend and when the day comes that I have to replace this item won't hesitate purchasing this again. You get real quality and dependability with this flat iron. Chi is the best of the best for your hair care needs.
Alison C.
Decided to bite the bullet and purchase this flat iron after talking to a girl at Ulta who highly recommended Chi products. I have used this flat iron for the past two days and I am pretty impressed with how it straightens my hair and decreases all the flyaways. The iron heats up rather quickly which is definitely a pro. There is no heat setting - all you do is turn it on so that could be a pro or con depending on your preference. The plug-in is kind of bulky which could make it difficult to pack if you are going on vacation. I really like how the cord swivels though. My flat iron is pink.

The only con (off hand) I can think of would be that it does not automatically turn off if you keep it plug in for a certain amount of time. Most of the time I don't have that problem of "forgetting." Bonus: I got a cute little silver bag! I'm not sure I would have paid full price for this; however, Ulta was having an additional 50% off their clearance items so I was able to purchase this product for $28 which is what I would have spent (more or less) on any other flat iron.
Alyssa H.
Ever since I got this straightener it's the only one I wanna use. It spoiled me. I got mine atleast 5 years ago and still have the same one, finally starting to need a new one soon and I dropped it alot too and use it practically every single day. It straightens my hair so good which is usually harder to straighten, I can make it pin straight acutely which usually can't and only need 1-2 tops for stokes to get it perfect. It also makes my hair softer and smoother and gives it a nice shine. Sometime my hairs kinda dull but after straightening it with my chi it's way better. It heats up quick and cools down quick too. It's a bit pricey but totally worth it! Like I said I spent 200 and had it for atleast 5 years and still going. I never had a straighten work this good or last this long out of the ones I tried so far. I recommend this straightener to eveybody, exspecially ppl with hard to straighten hair cuz works great and less damage since it straightens quicker with less strokes.
Aerial P.
Lynn Haven, FL
Great as anyone's first straightener! My hair type is THICK and fairly naturally straight. With this straightener being ceramic, it protects your hair while it straightens. Pairs perfectly with the chi heat spray, which smells great I might add! It is more expensive than chain store flat irons but its durability is well worth it. The way the heating elements are set in the tool make it very hard to burn yourself during use. All Chi's that I have owned have had very long cords so there's no fuss with worrying about plugs being too far from the vanity you're using. I did sometimes experience problems with it snagging and pulling my hair out. It was not frequent but I don't recall ever being able to quiet understand how it happened. Overall a great tool, with one heat setting, for everyone but ESPECIALLY for those new to heat tools.
julie g.
Philadelphia, PA
The chi is a quality straightener but I do not find it to be the best. Being someone who straightened my hair everyday for years I used to have an obsession with straighteners. I was high on the Chi band wagon for a while. I do find the straightener does a good job at straightening, giving my hair a nice shine and taming frizz. I also want to note that the chi does not "pull your hair" while you're using it like some straighteners. My biggest complaint with the straightener is I found I needed to section my hair is very small sections to see the results I wanted. I now have a much cheaper straightener that gives me the same results that I can use larger sections and cut out a lot of time. I will write a review on that. All and all it is a great straightener, I am just not sure it is the best.
Tina B.
Alto
I bought my Chi flat iron straightener because that is what my cosmetologist always used on my hair and I loved the results. It was a little pricier than I usually pay for a hair straightener, but so worth it. One pass through each section of hair and my hair felt sleek and straight. I've had my Chi for about 4 years and it still works perfect. Other brands usually fizzle out in about a year. This Chi is high temperature, but never seems to burn my hair. My hair is bleached and colored, so I never leave the Chi in one area. I keep it continuously moving and the results are great. I especially like the long cord and it doesn't get all twisted up. I will definitely buy another Chi when this one quits heating. Great hair straightener for home and salon use.
Whitney R.
Norman, OK
My poor chi died after 7 years and I had to get a new one. My hair stylist told me that they had changed the iron and that they were t as good as they used to be. So I was nervous about getting a new one. Overall there hasn't been too much of a difference but I did notice it does leave a few more waves in my hair than it used to with my old chi. Obviously I can't go back to my old chi so I'll just have to get used to the new style. If you have never had the old chi to compare it with, it's fantastic. I'm going to have to give it more time.

Tip- keep the packaging and warranty in case something happens! I think it's a 2 year warranty and if you throw away the papers in the box they can't really help you.
Kate M.
Cuba, MO
Chi is the only straightener I will buy. And the good news there is that you dont need to buy one very often. They last a long time and I dont recommend dropping it on the floor to test this-but you can knock it off the sink or table and it wont break. The current one I use I have had for over 5 years. Now I dont use it everyday or even every week for that matter but I love it. I have fine hair and other straighteners have made my hair look raddy and dry even with a protector and oils. If I want my hair straight I can get it done in less than 5 minutes and it looks amazing. I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone looking for a straightener. Believe the hype, its very real.
Keli M.
Mobile, AL
I love chi brand straighteners they last forever. The first one I owned last 7 years and the only reason i couldn't use it anymore was because the on/off switch got stuck in the on position but the straightener still worked. The second one I purchased came with a second min one for on the go. They both work wonderful and I have had them about 3 years and they still heat up just as hot as day one. The chi use to be really expensive but it has gone down in price over the years but they are with every penny. I purchased both of mine from target. They usually have them on sale once a year. Your hair will be shinny and straight.
Alex R.
Hockessin, DE
This hair straightener is the best for this price range!
This is the only hair straightener I will use because when I use any other brand or any of my friend's straighteners it caused me to use too many passes in the past, which ultimately damage my hair.
My hair is very delicate. I'm African American. My hair is very curly, but not thick or kinky. I have a lot of fine hairs so my hair can damage very easily.
Since I have really curly hair, I do about two passes, three in the difficult spots on average.
My hair stays straight until I wash it again a few days later. I couldn't live without my chi hair straightener!
Kari W.
Severn, MD
How long do these hair straighteners last?
Karen T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What color CHI flat iron do you have?
Cecilia M.
W Henrietta, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Are the CHI flat irons worth the investment?
Arpi S.
Glendale, CA
Do you guys use heat protectant prior to straightening or curling your hair?
Jaclyn D.
Elk Grove, CA
I really need a new flat iron, should i buy a Chi flat iron, or buy a flatiron from HOT TOOLS??