CHI Original 1Influenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

CHI Original 1" Ceramic Hairstyling Iron

BY CHI

Smooth. Straight. Sleek. The iCHI flat iron has what it takes to tame your hair to perfection. ceramic far infrared technology heats fast and evenly quick, easy styling; produces silky, shiny hair plates are infused with exclusive CHI 44 Ceramic for no frizz, no snags includes free 2-ounce bottle of Silk Infusion JCPenney limits the sale of all salon products and salon special purchases to 8 of any one item, up to a maximum of 12 items, per customer, per month.

• Not a question! But follow for a follow anyone! Really wh...3 Answers
  • Is there a safety mechanism in the event of it over heati...3 Answers
  • is this able to do wet hair too?2 Answers
CHI Original 1
CHI Original 1" Ceramic Hairstyling Iron
Melissa N.
Virginia Bch, VA
Review for: Professional Hairstyling Royal Amethyst more...
I remember when I first heard about the CHI. I did not believe the hype. My curly thickness was a challenge and a project. If I wanted to straighten, I had the block out an afternoon. Then, I got the CHI...cue clouds parting and angels singing...total game changer. Ahhhhh-mazing!!! I can’t believe it took a 3+ hour project to a half hour. It’s been years, and I’m still amazed. I will use the pouch it came in to ward off anyone who even thinks of taking my CHI away. It’s not happening.
Mary B.
Sevierville, TN
My husband bought me this year's ago when they first came out and were all the rage, and they still are today! Which is hard for a company to keep that title but this brand does it! This is the ONLY straightener that has literally lasted me years and still going strong, and it doesn't just burn and EXTEREMLY damage my hair like other cheap brans. This my come with a hefty price tag attached, but for the quality and durability of this product it's never been more worth it!
Beth S.
Stony Brook, NY
Purchased at: Target
I was always told this thing was the gold standard of straighteners, so I finally bit the bullet and bought one last year. The people who told me that definitely were not lying. This thing styles my hair beautiful and somehow never damages it. I can’t figure out how to curl my hair with it, but I think that’s more of a me problem than it is an issue with the product. Also came with an amazing heat protectant mat that has saved my desk.
robin k.
Loveland, OH
Purchased at: Walgreens
Review for: I.Chi Purple more...
I love this hair straightener. it’s one of my favorites!! I love how it doesn’t make your hair frizzy. Also. make sure to always use a heat protectant. It definitely doesn’t need any improvement. i love it.
Shaunie S.
Herriman, UT
Purchased at: Amazon
I've used many CHI straighteners in my life but didn't dare make the purchase, because I knew the would be no going back. My amazing husband bought me one for Christmas, and I will definitely never go back! Not only does it heat up quick and do the job right the first time around, it also makes my hair silky and smooth!
Emmy T.
Antelope, CA
Purchased at: ULTA
This is also great hair straightening iron. I like the ceramic it heats up really fast and makes your hair go smoothly through it. It leaves your hair straightened for a couple of days. It’s a great product I would recommend it for girls with long and curly fizzy here who want to have it straight for a couple days.
Jessica H.
I have been using this iron for a year now and I think it's pretty great! It heats up super fast (less than a minute) and distributes the heat along my hair very evenly. I have naturally curly, frizzy hair and just one pass of this iron is enough to give me super sleek hair. I love that the shape is perfect for curling too, and the casing feels sturdy.

The only downside I've experienced is that lately my hair has been getting caught and pulled between the plate and casing. I don't know if this is a design flaw or just wear and tear from using so often (I use this every other day), but it has gotten to the point where I may be looking for another iron. I never had issues with this one in the beginning, so I may try another CHI and see how that goes.
Neidy  R.
Solid straightening iron. I have thin wavy hair and what I like about this straightener is that it doesn't pull or tug at my hair. It has a temperature dial you can adjust to suit your hair thickness and type. It is not too expensive and is a good value for your money.
Emily L.
Lancaster
Purchased at: Amazon
Review for: I.Chi Purple more...
I have very curly hair but I like to style it straight. I purchased a Chi Ceramic Iron a few years ago and it is great! I only have to straighten my hair in a single pass because it straightens so well. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to purchase a flat iron.
Naseera O.
Sterling Hts, MI
Review for: Other more...
This is my favorite straightener!! Inexpensive and will last you years! I even curl my hair with it and love the way it turns out. Also, it does not burn my hair as much as most straighteners have. Amazing straightener for anyone that’s looking for one! Recommended for everyone.
Kari W.
Severn, MD
How long do these hair straighteners last?
Karen T.
What color CHI flat iron do you have?
Cecilia M.
Buffalo, NY
Are the CHI flat irons worth the investment?
Arpi S.
Glendale, CA
Do you guys use heat protectant prior to straightening or curling your hair?
Jaclyn D.
Elk Grove, CA
I really need a new flat iron, should i buy a Chi flat iron, or buy a flatiron from HOT TOOLS??

CHI Original 1