Add a Photo

Photos (166)
Rachael D.
Rachael D.
Orlando, FL

I have had my Chi for several years now and if still work just as amazingly as when I first purchased. I love the extra long cord which makes it very easy to do your hair just about any where. This has a smart heating feature where it detects the thickness and coarseness of hair and adjustscalp the Temperature to suit your hairs needs. I find this product does not pull my hair or get pieced stuck in it. I feel like this is very superb when it comes to heat damage. My hair is very healthy and I don't struggle with breakage or any problems with heat damage. This makes my hair super straight an shiny and I have very thick naturally curly hair that is very unruly. I wouldn't be able to manage my hair with out this chi flat iron. I couldn't be more thankful it's my number 1 hair product. If I could only use 1 hair product for the rest of my life this chi flat iron would be it. I have had my flat iron for years and I don't see it going out on me anytime soon. When you purchase a child you are making an investment because this product will give you years of great hair. I highly recommend and when the day comes that I have to replace this item won't hesitate purchasing this again. You get real quality and dependability with this flat iron. Chi is the best of the best for your hair care needs.
Brittany F.
Brittany F.
Newnan, GA

I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my CHI. I rarely use it anymore or anything that puts heat on my hair, though. I really damaged my hair a few years back with lightening it and keeping heat off of my hair kind of stuck with me. If I want to actually "fix" my hair and look decent, I will get this out and it always comes out looking nice. I usually have bone straight hair unless I ball it up on my head when it's wet (which is always now). I like to run it through really quickly just to tame my flyaways some and to get the ends of my hair going in the same general direction. I've also used it to create curls and waves and they've always come out nice. This is my second one because I purchased one probably 10+ years ago and it eventually died about 6 years ago. I actually preferred the older model because the switch and temp control was on the inside of the iron. With my current one, the controls are on the side. I will be half way through my hair and I'll realize that it's not straightening because I've hit the controls and turned down the temp. Luckily, it only takes a few seconds to heat up. Prior to purchasing my first one, I had gone through a few others from different brands that were VERY damaging and they didn't last long at all.
Charmaine D.
Charmaine D.

This was the first hair straightener I've ever used. At the time I thought it was a great hair straightener. It was pretty expensive when I got it, but it has lasted a long time for me. I got the straightener probably more than seven years ago and it still works to this day, so it's a durable straightener in my opinion. I've also owned several other straightener while owning this one and there were things I liked and did not like. I have thick slightly wavy straight hair so getting sleek straight hair isn't as time consuming for me as someone with more curly hair. I liked how it made me hair straight quickly with a single pass through, but I didn't like how the temperature couldn't be adjusted. I can see how someone would be thicker hair might want a higher temperature and thinner hair with lower temperature. I also didn't like how there was nothing to signal that the iron had heated up. I like how my GHD would alert me that it was done heating up and ready to be used. Overall, I think that this straightener is pretty good and durable, but I would rather purchase other flat irons.
Alison C.
Alison C.

Decided to bite the bullet and purchase this flat iron after talking to a girl at Ulta who highly recommended Chi products. I have used this flat iron for the past two days and I am pretty impressed with how it straightens my hair and decreases all the flyaways. The iron heats up rather quickly which is definitely a pro. There is no heat setting - all you do is turn it on so that could be a pro or con depending on your preference. The plug-in is kind of bulky which could make it difficult to pack if you are going on vacation. I really like how the cord swivels though. My flat iron is pink.

The only con (off hand) I can think of would be that it does not automatically turn off if you keep it plug in for a certain amount of time. Most of the time I don't have that problem of "forgetting." Bonus: I got a cute little silver bag! I'm not sure I would have paid full price for this; however, Ulta was having an additional 50% off their clearance items so I was able to purchase this product for $28 which is what I would have spent (more or less) on any other flat iron.
Alyssa H.
Alyssa H.

Ever since I got this straightener it's the only one I wanna use. It spoiled me. I got mine atleast 5 years ago and still have the same one, finally starting to need a new one soon and I dropped it alot too and use it practically every single day. It straightens my hair so good which is usually harder to straighten, I can make it pin straight acutely which usually can't and only need 1-2 tops for stokes to get it perfect. It also makes my hair softer and smoother and gives it a nice shine. Sometime my hairs kinda dull but after straightening it with my chi it's way better. It heats up quick and cools down quick too. It's a bit pricey but totally worth it! Like I said I spent 200 and had it for atleast 5 years and still going. I never had a straighten work this good or last this long out of the ones I tried so far. I recommend this straightener to eveybody, exspecially ppl with hard to straighten hair cuz works great and less damage since it straightens quicker with less strokes.
Desiree T.
Desiree T.
Sacramento, CA

To be honest, I was afraid of buying a Chi flat iron because I thought they were overhyped. The flat iron I had owned finally stopped heating up after five years so after a bit of research, I decided to man up and purchase a Chi. I am so glad that I did! This thin is amazing. The model that I purchased has a little display with the temperature on it and buttons to adjust it. This thing heats up within 30 seconds, it even shows on the display the temperature changing as it heats up. And don't get me started on the ceramic plates. These are so much smoother than the flat iron I owned previously. This literally glides through my hair. There's no tugging, no breakage, no snagging. You can purchase this model for like $130 on Ulta's website but I found one for $70 at TJMaxx. I am now a believer and will definitely invest in Chi styling tools from now own.
Jenny R.
Jenny R.

I got this flat iron in blue on Black Friday in 2014 and I did like the way it worked with my hair. But within only having it for about a month one of the hot plates stopped heating up. I had a warranty so I sent the flat iron back to the company explaining how the hot plate stopped working and they nicely called me apologizing and sent me a brand new one. Then once again after only a couple weeks the hot plate stopped AGAIN ON THE NEW IRON. I know for a fact this was not my fault considering I never dropped it and I own several flat irons and not once have this ever happened to me. It was such a shame because I did like this flat iron and it did eliminate some of the frizz in my hair but this manufacturer error is very wrong. Very upsetting and I do not recommend buying this if you want something that will last. I do hope this error gets fixed.
Aerial P.
Aerial P.
Lynn Haven, FL

Great as anyone's first straightener! My hair type is THICK and fairly naturally straight. With this straightener being ceramic, it protects your hair while it straightens. Pairs perfectly with the chi heat spray, which smells great I might add! It is more expensive than chain store flat irons but its durability is well worth it. The way the heating elements are set in the tool make it very hard to burn yourself during use. All Chi's that I have owned have had very long cords so there's no fuss with worrying about plugs being too far from the vanity you're using. I did sometimes experience problems with it snagging and pulling my hair out. It was not frequent but I don't recall ever being able to quiet understand how it happened. Overall a great tool, with one heat setting, for everyone but ESPECIALLY for those new to heat tools.
julie g.
julie g.
philadelphia , pa

The chi is a quality straightener but I do not find it to be the best. Being someone who straightened my hair everyday for years I used to have an obsession with straighteners. I was high on the Chi band wagon for a while. I do find the straightener does a good job at straightening, giving my hair a nice shine and taming frizz. I also want to note that the chi does not "pull your hair" while you're using it like some straighteners. My biggest complaint with the straightener is I found I needed to section my hair is very small sections to see the results I wanted. I now have a much cheaper straightener that gives me the same results that I can use larger sections and cut out a lot of time. I will write a review on that. All and all it is a great straightener, I am just not sure it is the best.
Tina B.
Tina B.
Alto

I bought my Chi flat iron straightener because that is what my cosmetologist always used on my hair and I loved the results. It was a little pricier than I usually pay for a hair straightener, but so worth it. One pass through each section of hair and my hair felt sleek and straight. I've had my Chi for about 4 years and it still works perfect. Other brands usually fizzle out in about a year. This Chi is high temperature, but never seems to burn my hair. My hair is bleached and colored, so I never leave the Chi in one area. I keep it continuously moving and the results are great. I especially like the long cord and it doesn't get all twisted up. I will definitely buy another Chi when this one quits heating. Great hair straightener for home and salon use.
Kari W.
Kari W.
Severn, MD

How long do these hair straighteners last?
Karen T.
Karen T.

What color CHI flat iron do you have?
Cecilia M.
Cecilia M.
W Henrietta, NY

Are the CHI flat irons worth the investment?
Arpi S.
Arpi S.
Glendale, CA

Do you guys use heat protectant prior to straightening or curling your hair?
Jaclyn D.
Jaclyn D.
Elk Grove, CA

I really need a new flat iron, should i buy a Chi flat iron, or buy a flatiron from HOT TOOLS??

Join Now