Jaclyn D.
Jaclyn D.
Elk Grove, CA

I really need a new flat iron, should i buy a Chi flat iron, or buy a flatiron from HOT TOOLS??
Jaime C.
Jaime C.
Nov. 23, 2016, 2:02 a.m.
My sister recommended I get the Chi because hers is 6 years old and still works really well. I got mine from TJ Maxx and it came with 2 free heat protector hair products. It wasn't the cheapest or the most expensive and I have only heard great things about the brand.
Miranda N.
Miranda N.
Sept. 28, 2016, 3:58 p.m.
Chi, it's expensive but it'll last for at least 5 years and it produces well without pulling your hair out!
Kate B.
Kate B.
June 20, 2016, 4:32 p.m.
Chi is always a great staple, just depends of if you want to spend the money.
Shaasia G.
Shaasia G.
June 10, 2016, 9:41 a.m.
Chi is a very good company I would recommend it
Niki R.
Niki R.
Aug. 14, 2013, 4:17 p.m.
I think that it really depends on your hair type. I used a CHI flat iron on my hair for years thinking that it was the best for me until I tried my sister's GVP iron. Her GVP not only straightens my hair quicker at a lower temperature, but it also costs half the price! It causes less breakage on my hair and leaves it shinier and smoothr, probably because I don't have to go over the same parts of hair as many times as I had to with my CHI. I can see the CHI working extremely well on people who have soft, looser curls or fine hair. My hair is very curly. I have very tight, tiny curls.
Jailine O.
Jailine O.
July 7, 2013, 10:25 a.m.
I would definitely go with Chi. You would surely not regret it and you will love the outcome you get when straightening your hair :) its a run for your money.
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
June 25, 2013, 10:42 p.m.
You'll get what you pay for and I think its worth the extra bucks to get a Chi, last longer and works great!
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
June 20, 2013, 12:43 a.m.
I've had my chi was 4 years not and it is still working perfectly! I would recommend a chi. If you have thick, or curly, or long, hair (like me) I would hands down recommend chi.
June 6, 2013, 3:42 p.m.
Go with the Chi! I LOVE mine!!!
Katie F.
Katie F.
May 29, 2013, 6:51 p.m.
Fork over the money and buy the CHI straightener. I've got mega curly hair and you'd think it was naturally straight when I use my CHI. It also seems to do less heat damage to my hair than other straighteners I've used. Also, I've had mine for 8 years and it's still going strong!
May 21, 2013, 8:59 p.m.
Chi is the best choice and worth every penny. I got mine at ULTA over 2 years ago and it still works awesome. I use to have a hot tools iron but my hair didn't look the same, more frizzy and not as smooth. And the HOT TOOLS straightner would pull my hair when I used it.. CHI is the best! :-)
Barbie S.
Barbie S.
May 11, 2013, 9:11 p.m.
Hot Tools is ok, I had one for awhile, it tended to overheat and I would burn my fingers on the portion that wasn't supposed to be hot! My CHI was awesome until it stopped working 3yrs into use. Cord came loose and therefore I couldn't get the iron to heat up. I highly recommend the Paul Mitchell flat iron. Adjustable heat, doesn't burn where I should hold it, and after almost 4 years it is still amazing.
Sabrina S.
Sabrina S.
April 27, 2013, 5:25 p.m.
Get the CHI! I had other flat irons before I got my chi and I had to replace them every year bc they would stop getting as hot. I have had my CHI for 4 years now and it still gets just as hot and works just as well as the day I got it!
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
April 22, 2013, 2:03 p.m.
I love my chi amd thats the same iron my stylist uses I'm always in and out when she cuts and styles my hair woth that iron i recommend a chi girly but to each his own:)
Lori C.
Lori C.
March 27, 2013, 10:14 p.m.
A Chi for sure!!! I wouldn't give it up for anything
Sharde R.
Sharde R.
March 21, 2013, 1:41 p.m.
I would def go with the CHI. All of their products are great and their flat iron would def be one. I love that the temperature setting goes up really high for course/ thick hair but with the protection you need from their ceramic plates which prevents your hair from burning or drying out, thus giving it a glossy finish!
Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.
March 21, 2013, 6:06 a.m.
I have the same problem as someone else above. I too have really thick and curly hair and the Chi is the only one I've found so far that does a really good job.
Chania B.
Chania B.
March 9, 2013, 11:12 a.m.
CHI!! Handsdown it will last you a long time! Check out TJ Maxx or Marshall's b/c sometimes they have discounted :)
Niky B.
Niky B.
Jan. 12, 2013, 11:56 a.m.
I went to a chi from a hot tools straightener and let me tell you..the chi is much better! My hottools flat iron just stopped working one day and I had it only a little over a year. My Chi has been in hand for 4 plus years. Go Chi!
Jan. 7, 2013, 11:42 a.m.
Chi, it may be expensive but its totally worth it!
Jan. 7, 2013, 11:42 a.m.
Chi, it may be expensive but its totally worth it!
Emily D.
Emily D.
Jan. 6, 2013, 6:21 a.m.
The chi is expensive. But worth it. You will notice its easy and quick and makes your hair so smooth. Also, the quality of the product is superb and will last you !
Brooke M.
Brooke M.
Jan. 5, 2013, 11:02 a.m.
Depends on your hair but its worth the buy if you have hair like mine.
Lizeth H.
Lizeth H.
Dec. 30, 2012, 12:43 p.m.
Chi is more expensive but it works better than hot tools
Crystal C.
Crystal C.
Dec. 28, 2012, 5:31 a.m.
I have thin hair but a lot of it I will only use a chi for my hair. My hairdresser always talks about how healthy my hair is and I use this bad boy every day!
Aryah C.
Aryah C.
Dec. 5, 2012, 6:31 p.m.
Depends on how much m oney you are willing to spend. Chi works great but its 100 for one .
Dec. 1, 2012, 2:32 p.m.
Definitely the CHI! I have a CHI Smart Straightener and I love mine.
Valencia K.
Valencia K.
Nov. 29, 2012, 3:11 p.m.
I would certainly go with the chi, it's worth every penny! And all of the controls are easy to reach. It also heats up fairly quickly which is a plus
Crystal Y.
Crystal Y.
Nov. 28, 2012, 4:50 a.m.
I've tried so many and so many have just gone in the garbage i will never buy another kind these seem to work the best for me. i also bought my mother one and she loves it so id buy one.
Nov. 28, 2012, 4:12 a.m.
I have tried many hair straighteners and this is BY FAR the best one I have ever tried. They are pricey and I got mine on black friday of last year and I have had no problems. It is an amazing product!
Brooke A.
Brooke A.
Nov. 26, 2012, 1:20 p.m.
I love my chi, but I also have really thick, hard to straighten hair. The chi is the only one I've had that actually straightens it halfway easily.

Join Now