Arpi S.
Arpi S.
Glendale, CA

Do you guys use heat protectant prior to straightening or curling your hair?
Daniela M.
Daniela M.
Dec. 3, 2016, 12:08 a.m.
Heat protectant is a must! Keeps hair smooth, prevents breakage, and adds additional shine. I have been using L'oréal Sleek It for 2 years now and highly recommend.
VE-0755713 Andreina R.
VE-0755713 Andreina R.
Nov. 30, 2016, 6:14 p.m.
Yo uso protector de calor para el cabello ocasionalmente, se que es un paso que no deberia saltarme pero cuando tengo prisa lo olvido por completo.
Hannah C.
Hannah C.
Nov. 14, 2016, 2:30 p.m.
Yes!! I strongly suggest it so that your hair will still stay nice and healthy and not get fried.
Danielle W.
Danielle W.
Nov. 11, 2016, 8:43 p.m.
Yes! I always do! It keeps my hair looking more healthy!
Anna P.
Anna P.
Nov. 11, 2016, 4:56 p.m.
Yes, I never go without using a heat protectant. I've found that it saves my ends. Also, it can make your hair feel soft, too.
Abby W.
Abby W.
Sept. 20, 2016, 4:56 p.m.
I received Chi heat protectant with my flat iron. It does wonders for my hair. I never used heat protectants before and kicking myself for not using them. The difference in my hair was extremely noticeable.
Melissa H.
Melissa H.
Jan. 22, 2014, 11:33 p.m.
You should never apply heat to your hair without protectant. I would even recommend a daily leave in conditioner just to protect your hair from everyday exposure to sun, water, and especially if you are a swimmer or color your hair
Emily W.
Emily W.
Oct. 16, 2013, 4:11 a.m.
You're supposed to use it on the piece of hair right before you straighten/curl it.
Amanda B.
Amanda B.
Sept. 25, 2013, 10:08 p.m.
Yes, you should always use it and remember it works better if you put it in your hair while it's damp.
Stephanie D.
Stephanie D.
Sept. 9, 2013, 10:18 p.m.
Yes, you should always use a heat protectant
Crissy E.
Crissy E.
Sept. 1, 2013, 2:34 a.m.
Yes of course, especially because the Chi flat iron gets really hot and you don't want to damage your hair.
Stephanie F.
Stephanie F.
Aug. 29, 2013, 3:11 p.m.
Absolutely
Niki R.
Niki R.
Aug. 14, 2013, 4:19 p.m.
Definitely. What I've learned over the years is that it is best for me to use a cream or oil based heat protectant. I like to use products with argan oil or olive oil and I also like to either let them sit in my hair overnight or for a few hours before straightening my hair, since straightening hair when wet is not the best idea.
Maika P.
Maika P.
June 3, 2013, 4:22 p.m.
I do! i love the tresemme brand because it's affordable and effective!
Katie F.
Katie F.
May 29, 2013, 6:52 p.m.
I know I should but I don't. I've found that since I no longer color my hair it's a lot healthier and I don't have to use protectant as much.
Kaylynn S.
Kaylynn S.
May 10, 2013, 10:04 p.m.
Always use a protectant. Without one you will damage your hair.
Katia S.
Katia S.
May 10, 2013, 12:24 p.m.
I use it sometimes, but not all the time bc if you have a flat iron with ceramic plates it is not going to damage your hair as much.
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
April 29, 2013, 12:37 p.m.
Yes you should always use a heat protectant on your hair to prevent damage. Also for the ladies who wear human hair extensions a heating protectant should also be used to preserve the extensions.
brianna m.
brianna m.
March 7, 2013, 10:07 a.m.
Yes, you should definitely use heat protectant!
Sare S.
Sare S.
March 3, 2013, 3:39 p.m.
Yeaa i do! its super important to put on a heat protectant before using a heated product! Even though it won't 100% protect your hair from damage it definitely is better than not using a protectant at all.
Sabrina B.
Sabrina B.
Feb. 27, 2013, 6:27 a.m.
Yes, you should definitely use a heat protectant. tresemme has a great heat protectant and so does garnier. the chi one is alright but its more pricey.
Brittany F.
Brittany F.
Feb. 6, 2013, 12:43 p.m.
Yes I use protective spray
Erica W.
Erica W.
Jan. 7, 2013, 11:43 a.m.
Sometimes, i try to every time but I tend to forget
Kym N.
Kym N.
Jan. 3, 2013, 10:49 a.m.
Always. It takes just seconds to apply and is always a good idea to protect your hair from damaging heat. Got2be makes a really nice, good smelling, cruelty-free, inexpensive one.
Lizeth H.
Lizeth H.
Dec. 30, 2012, 12:44 p.m.
Yes heat protector is a must because no matter how good your iron is they always damage your hair
Rose C.
Rose C.
Dec. 27, 2012, midnight
Yes, I always do.
Caroline S.
Caroline S.
Dec. 13, 2012, 8:02 p.m.
YES, I have used salon brands but just switched to the Chi brand. It's pricey but I feel like it's a lot softer and A LOT less oily feelings.
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
Dec. 7, 2012, 11:17 a.m.
Most definitely.
Jaclyn D.
Jaclyn D.
Nov. 22, 2012, 7:59 p.m.
I never use a heat protectant before and my hair its really bad, until i found out about it and now I'm using it and i see a difference in my hair!! so yes i do use a heat protectant before straightening or curling my hair.
Alison M.
Alison M.
Nov. 22, 2012, 5:19 p.m.
Yes! I didn't before but then my hair got really damaged. Now I tell everyone to always use it.
Tianah R.
Tianah R.
Nov. 20, 2012, 1:49 a.m.
Yes . Always. I didn't for years and my split ends were so crazy I cut my hair. I use it every time now and my hair is back down my back.

Join Now