BeautyHair Styling ToolsCHI
Escape Cordless Hair Styling Iron

Chi Escape Cordless Hair Styling Iron

CHI Escape offers cordless technology that is perfect for travel and on the go styling. CHI Ceramic 1" plates lock in moisture creating smooth sleek styles. The CHI ceramic heater provides optimum temperature control and even heat distribution. The lithium battery allows half hour to an hour of constant heating depending on heat setting. The temperature control settings are color coded- Blue 340 F for Fine Hair, Green- 375 F for Medium Hair and Red- 392 F for coarse hair. The locking mechanism makes it safe for travel. Travel pouch protects and stores iron and chargers while traveling. Compact size allows for easy storage in a purse or carry-on bag. Car and wall charger provide convenient charging options1 year manufacturer's warranty

Need suggestions for a cordless hair straightner? Which do you own and love and why? Chi Escape Cordless Hair Styling Iron
Start your review of Chi Escape Cordless Hair Styling Iron!
Ashley S.
Purchased at: ULTA
This is absolutely amazing...just charge it and stick it in your purse it heats up super fast and it gets HOT I didn't expect it to get so hot with it being cordless but it does and it works perfect I would highly recommend this product!!
Lynn M.
south water st Williamsport (urual)
This is my first flight iron that I absolutely love I love how it's straight into my hair without burning it heat settings are great this product makes my hair silky and smooth
Kaylyn D.
Markle, IN
Cute and easy to travel with. Comes with a car charger so it’s made for on the go. You can also Use it in your house
Rosyy M.
Tempe
I have curly hair so i love that when i straighten my hair doesn't leave a frizz and leaves it smooth n straight
Laura M.
If you're looking for this to replace your regular full size flat iron with an electric cord to plug into the wall, then this is NOT for you.  What this is - is AWESOME for on-the-go touch-ups when you've ALREADY straightened your hair using a full size flat iron.  For example, if you've straightened your hair and get caught in rain or it's really humid outside, once you get to your destination you can then smooth out your hair that's decided to misbehave in places with this tool. It's small and fits in your bag, and doesn't require an electric outlet to use; so if you're in a ladies room with no electric outlets, this is PERFECT!  If you need to recharge this and you don't have an electric outlet, the car charger option is FANTASTIC!  I've used this when filming a movie on set in the woods and at a park for touch ups.  I've also used this on my way to red carpet events, when I've left the house looking flawless and the humidity decided to re-curl my hair while I walked from my car to my destination.  The heat proof pouch allows you to put it away, too, before it's fully cooled, so you don't have to hang around holding it in your hand waiting for it to cool down.  There's also a convenient side pouch to store the wall charger and the car charger in the same pouch as the flat iron.

If you have long, thick hair this will NOT straighten every hair on your head from the get-go.  You need to put in the time with a regular flat iron to style your hair first.  This is again, for touch-ups.  I think many people who have tried this don't understand that, and that's why the reviews haven't all been so great.

This will not heat up as hot as your regular, full-size plug in flat iron, so you may have to run it over thinner sections of your hair or run it over a section twice to get super-straight results.  Or, you could run it over sections of your hair spending more time as you pull it down the hair shafts so it straightens the hair perfectly.  It's super for on the go!

Don't expect this to be your one-and-only flat iron for traveling.  Because the lithium rechargeable battery is not able to be taken out of the flat iron, you can't pack it in a carry-on.  You CAN put it in a checked bag, though.  However, as I mentioned earlier, this is designed for touch-ups, not for straightening an entire head of hair pin straight after the first wash, so adjust your expectations of the tool.  It's designed for convenience when you are not around an electric outlet and need a bit of straightening here and there.

It takes about 1 -2 hours to fully charge when it doesn't have a charge at all.  It has a nice "lock" feature so the paddles stay together in the pouch and it takes up less room in your bag.  The charge lasts long enough to do touch-ups for 10-15 minutes, and probably beyond that.  Remember, it uses charge to heat up and charge to stay hot, so if you leave it on your bathroom counter turned on for a half hour, it will lose its charge for no reason.  It takes about 4 - 5 minutes to heat up.  For best results use it on the High setting.  Even on the "high" setting it won't get as hot as a plug-in full-size flat iron, but it will do the job.  Hey, it's better than looking like a frizz ball when you don't have a regular flat iron with you or an outlet to use it in.

Yvone M.
Harlingen, TX
So easy to use my daughter straightens her hair on a daily basis my only complaint is that it didn't last very long it gradually started losing Heat
kelsea M.
Scranton, PA
This is a great hair tool. Has a wide range of heat settings to accommodate your every need. The size of this tool is also very beneficial for it is easy to work with
Krystle P.
Portage, WI
I was very disappointed with this. Even with charging overnight it would still not maintain a consistent heat level and after just 15 minutes it went good every time
Rumina F.
Ephrata, PA
Purchased at: ULTA
Thought this would be great for travel and touch ups but ended up returning it. Didn't get hot enough to get a smooth, shiny flat look. Plates were made out of old technology and didn't heat up evenly. I'm a stylist and would definitely not recommend this to anyone.
Shanaya B.
Albany
Purchased at: Macy's
Love the fact that there’s no cord in this curling iron!! At times when I use flat irons with cords , I would get scared about accidentally touching the cord with the iron! It work well with my hair and I heard CHI products are the best!!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Kd M.