CHI Air 1
26 colors available

CHI Air 1" Ceramic Hair Styling Iron

BY CHI

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

The CHI Air Pro Expert Classic Tourmaline Ceramic 1" Flat Iron utilizes the latest innovative technology combining Tourmaline Ceramic with even heat distribution.

CHI Air 1
CHI Air 1" Ceramic Hair Styling Iron
Smyrna, TN
This is my straightener that I use. It was 100$ but definitely worth the price. I have really long hair, so my straighteners have to be top notch, otherwise my hair won't get straight all the way. Never wrap the cord around the product, because Chi's are well known to stop working from damage to the cord. Wrapping your cord around the device will damage it in no time. My straightener has actually cut off on me twice by itself, and I haven't even had it 6 months. I take very good care of my straightener too, so buyer beware. 99% of the time I'm in love with my straightener. It came with a midnight violet thermal pouch to keep my straightener protected, and I love that. Hopefully it will last a long time, especially paying 100$. If it doesnt, then I will definitely be back to change my review lol. I know it has an automatic switch off, so it might have gotten too hot and shut itself off. Bottom line, this straightener is for pros, but begginers will fall in love. I recommend to everyone.
Paige H.
Paige H.
LISTEN UP, ALL YOU GIRLS WITH INSANELY THICK HAIR!! I have had a problem curling my hair, because it is so thick, the waves and curls just weigh down and straighten back out. No amount of hairspray can help me. ( My hair is a past my shoulders, and literally weighs two pounds.) I bought my chi flat iron at target in this gorgeous glittery- rose gold color, and man...am I glad I got it. The price is a little over $100.00, but it is 100% worth it! I am able to curl my hair, WITHOUT adding hairspray, and it stays looking great. It also made my hair less frizzy, and even looks shiny. I decided to make the upgrade from my cheap walmart brand flat iron, when I finally got tired of having a lions mane every day of my life. This straightens my hair better than any other iron I have ever owned- Make the investment! You won't be disappointed!
Sam L.
Sam L.
Spring Hill, FL
I've had this chi air for about 4 years and I don't love it but I don't hate it. I have medium thickness wavy and frizzy hair. Sometimes this flat iron works feat, stay hot and my hair stays straight. Other times I have to turn it off completely and let it cool before I turn it back on and raise the temp. Even when it's at its highest temp of 410, sometimes it acts like its at the lowest temp of 160 and doesn't straighten as well. My hair also snags and gets caught between the plates and the iron squeaks in the clasp when it closes or opens. I don't think I'd recommend this iron to anyone. I've been on the lookout for a good flat iron to replace this one for a while. This iron is just not worth the financial commitment. I've had $30 irons that worked better than this one which I spent $120 for.
Smyrna, TN
Ive owned many hair straighteners in my day, and i just got my Chi today. This is my first Chi i have ever owned. I have went through 3 Paul Mitchell straighteners, Plenty of Conair, Remmington, Revlon, Ion, all the best Sally's beauty supple stores have. I cant wait to use this bad boy. Its still in the box, because i got it today. I got the "Midnight Violet" color, that comes with a beautiful purple carrying case. I am so excited to use this! I have REALLY long hair too by the way, so i have to always have an exceptional straightener. Chi is professional, and probably the best straighteners out there. Of course theirs imitations..but i had a choice, and i chose a Chi. Perfect! So excited.!
Morgan H.
Morgan H.
Torrington, CT
Not sure that i will ever find a flat iron that i love more than the Chi. I have always have thick coarse hair that loves to frizz out beyond belief. I struggled for years to get my hair straight and for it to be straight without frizz or without that stiff look from cream products and hair dryers. When my friend used her Chi to do my hair I was totally blown away.my hair had never looked so shiny healthy and beautiful!!! I was totally floored. Of course, i went out and got myself one. Not only does the Chi have the ability to make your hair straight and yet voluminous, it does it in half the time of any other styler. And, they last for years!!!
Kelli M.
Kelli M.
Canyon Lake, CA
My hair stylist recommended this flat iron to me over 3 years ago, as it's the one that she uses professionally. It's worth the $100 and I bought mine from Target. I love the heat settings and how quickly it warms up for quick use even on those busy mornings when you're running late. I have naturally wavy/curly and frizzy hair and with 2 sweeps through my hair with this flat iron all frizz is immediately gone and it's straight as a pin. LOVE love LOVE this flat iron and when this one goes out (which it hasn't yet for the past 3 years) I will definitely be repurchasing.
Rachel T.
Rachel T.
Buffalo, NY
The Chi air is the absolute best hair straightener I have ever tried. I have naturally curly hair and it is thick and long. I've gone through so many $20-30 straighteners from places like Ulta or Target that didn't do the job or left my hair frizzy and more wavy than straight. This straightener is a dream come true for me and my curly hair! I'm able to straighten my hair much quicker and the results are soo much better since I started using this straightener! The price you pay is definitely worth it (they also last a long time)
Sarah L.
Sarah L.
I purchased this flat iron at a TJ Maxx a few years ago and it has served me faithfully ever since. I not only use it to straighten my hair, but also to curl it sometimes. As part of my efforts to pack lightly for a recent trip abroad, I chose to take this iron alone instead of taking both this and a curling iron, as it could do both styles effectively. I would strongly recommend this product to anyone who is in the market for a new flat iron.
Cindy G.
Cindy G.
Des Plaines, IL
HAVE LITERALLY HAD THIS SINCE I WAS 15- 6 YEARS AGO! While this was definitely an investment for me at the time, I purchased this at the JCPenny hair salon store and it has outlasted even the supposed "100% ceramic" competitors I dipped my toes in, thinking too much time had passed with this one. It heats up just the right amount without smelling like burnt hair. It makes great straightened hair but I prefer this for curls! I love this brand!
Amanda G.
Amanda G.
Mt Pleasant, PA
I used to only use Chi flatirons. That was when I had shorter hair. Now my hair is long and has become very very thick. It takes me twice as long to use my chi rather than the brand I have switched to that is a bigger iron. I sometimes will run my chi through my hair after I have finished straight ironing it. I like to use my chi for waves or pig tales curls. Not a bad iron at all just takes longer to straighten my thick long hair.
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Columbia, SC
Has anyone tried curling their hair with theirs? How did it work?
April E.
April E.
Jersey Shore, PA
Would you suggest this for a teenager who wants a straightener to use after swimming?
Kimm P.
Kimm P.
Omaha, Ne
I have been wanting a CHI so bad! Does it make your hair shiny and smooth? When I go to my stylist my hair looks great but when I straighten my own with my Revlon it frizzes really bad.
Cassie R.
Cassie R.
Hyde, PA
I am looking for a new flat iron. Was wondering if this worked well and if it helped reduce frizz?
Sarah K.
Sarah K.
Germantown, WI
I used to have a Chi and loved it but the new ones don't have a heat control that I've seen. Are they still high quality or do they damage hair easily? I have curly hair that takes effort to straighten it well!