BY CHI #9 in Hair Primers & Heat Protectants

CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray: Thermal protection spray from CHI 8.5 oz can Ideal for creating lift and volume Long-lasting hold in an iron guard spray For use with all flat irons, curlers and hair dryers

• My hair has been so incredibly dry from blow drying every...4 Answers
  • Does this product give shine to your hair? Without making...2 Answers
  • I heard this product makes your hair "crunchy" after stra...2 Answers
Alexandra F.
Lac La Biche, AB
CHI is a brand that I not only love and use, it is a brand that I trust and would recommend to others. I use their hot hair styling tools, hairspray, frizz control serum, shampoo and conditioner, etc. The CHI Iron Guard Protection Spray is the only product by them that I have not re-purchased. The pro of the product is that it smells fantastic as most of their products do - I actually enjoyed using it for the scent. However, I did not find that it did much of anything in regards to protecting my hair. I straighten or curl my hair twice a week at the most and I never blow dry. There is no reason for my hair to be as damaged as it is considering I use the protectant and have limited use with hot tools. Since switching brands and continuing the same hair care routine I have found that my hair looks and feels much stronger and less damaged. A great product line, but not a very good product.
Maren A.
This really does a great job at protecting your hair! I straighten my hair everyday and occasionally curl it. I like to go get my hair trimmed every time I start to see my ends getting thin and damaged however I find this product has helped prevent that all from happening as fast which helps me from having to get trims as often! It smells really nice as well. The only downside is I find I run out quite quickly but it could be because I have long thick hair.
Darya H.
My pre-styling go-to! A couple of months ago I was looking for a heat protector and chose CHI 44 Iron Guard. It smells like some kind of men's perfume, but the smell vanishes after styling. Took one star off because you have to be careful with it - if too much product is applied, it can make your hair look greasy and sticky. The price is fair, I think. Bought it through my local online retailer and would definitely buy it again!
Ariane M.
Montreal, QC
It's an okay product that does what it says it does. Not too impressed with the texture it leaves on the hair but still okay to work with! Pretty universal product but does nothing specified for different hair types.
Vanessa H.
London, ON
I have very fine blonde hair and it's very picky about what products it likes applied to it so this one just did not work for me!The sprayer on this was to strong and would spray in clumps almost and would make my hair look wet in spots and going over with a staightener would burn it. Overall not a good scene!
Dawn K.
I use this product every day just before straightening my hair and I've noticed a big difference, my hair isn't nearly as damaged. I have very fine, strawberry blonde hair that is easily damaged so, this product is a must for me! It also smells absolutely amazing!
Aime N.
Personally this product is a little pricy for how little it works. I tried using this product once a week for 3 months and it still didnt make a difference except make my hair smell nice. For the price its really not worth it and i wouldn't recommend buying this.
Crystal O.
East st paul, MB
A fantastic product to use when applying any kind of heat to the hair. It smells awesome and does help the hair look more polished when styles especially beneficial with colour treated hair. I am extremely satisfied with this product and will be a forever user.
Tamar L.
I like this product to use to guard my hair from being fried with my flat iron. It works really well but the only problem is that when I use it, I find that it makes my hair pretty oily very fast. I can usually get away with 2 days without washing my hair but when I use this product it makes it oily quickly
Sadie E.
Saskatoon , SK
I have used this as a heat protectant for a while and I can't say that I like it overly. The smell is quite strong and it is quite sticky. It almost makes my hair crunchy or wet if I don't hold it far enough away. Neutral on this product
Rebecca W.
Independence , MO
Just wondering if this product really works and protects your hair. Additionally, I am wondering how much of the product you spray on at a time, and what store do you normally purchase this product to receive the best price?
Alice H.
Baytown, TX
Does this product make your hair greasy? I have very fine hair.
Maeghan A.
Does this help make your hair shiny and soft?
Danielle M.
Mine Hill, NJ
My hair has been so incredibly dry from blow drying every single day. I know this specific product is good to prevent breakage from heat from the flat iron, but is it okay to use with blow drying too? I really need to find a good product that I can use every day to protect my hair
Kristen S.
Schenectady, NY
Does this product make your hair greasy?