BY CHI #9 in Hair Primers & Heat Protectants

CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray: Thermal protection spray from CHI 8.5 oz can Ideal for creating lift and volume Long-lasting hold in an iron guard spray For use with all flat irons, curlers and hair dryers

• My hair has been so incredibly dry from blow drying every...4 Answers
  • Does this product give shine to your hair? Without making...2 Answers
  • I heard this product makes your hair "crunchy" after stra...2 Answers
Sara P.
Tahlequah, OK
This Chi Thermal Protectant not only protects my hair  from the extreme heat of tools..but also seemed to add a smoothing effect when I used my Chi Flat Iron. When using the heat protectant my hair seemed to straighten smoother almost as if I'd used a straightening product. One of my 5 Stars I have to dedicate to the smell of this product! It smells amazing!! It is not at all an over powering, perfume-like smell...but adds a very subtle scent to my hair. TBH..I have even used a spritz or two just to freshen the smell of my when headed somewhere after work without having time to re-wash.
Amy T.
Fort Worth
A must have for someone who uses heat on their hair with regularity. This brand really works well for my hair, and I used to swear by it and still do since I can't remember the other brand my mother used to use on my hair. My mother who is a stylist uses this, among other brands with great success. Being that her hair is much more abused than mine is (being constantly dyed) she needs a good heat protectant to prevent further damage. This helps a lot for those with damaged hair, just make sure you section your hair and spray from root to tip.
Emily H.
Fort Worth, TX
I Bought this product for my hair because my ends were always dry . The lady that did does my hair is JC Penny's recommended it to me since i straighten my hair so much . It has made my hair so smooth and silky while using a hair straighter along with the smell is so addicting . Recommend it to anyone that straightens there hair a lot and wants to protect there hair Also its best to put it in when your hair is wet .
Marlenne L.
Palmview, TX
Mmm.. well let me start off by pointing out that once using this on your hair, it will be okay but I noticed that this makes your hair more prone to knot. if you try to run your fingers through your hair after applying and using this, it will budge and it won't feel nice and soft. I feel like there are other heat protecting sprays and creams that can give you the protection you need without removing the shine and softness of your hair. Over all it's fine, I use it sometimes but I don't think I will repurchase this item.
Gillian G.
I used to use this all the time and stopped for some unknown reason. I found a cheap smaller bottle at tj maxx and had to buy it and fell in love with it all over again. It smells decent and it actually improves frizz when styling my hair which is a total plus! I'd definitely recommend this product to people who are constantly using heat on their hair.
Abi A.
This heat protectant spray is one of the best sprays that I use. I use this spray when I am using a higher temperature hair styling stool, such as one with titanium barrels. This spray locks in the moisture and results in a nice shine to my hair. The product is quite pricey, so usually I wait for sales and stock up at those times. Overall, it a very good heat protectant spray for higher temperatures and I would highly recommend this product. CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray
Denise G.
This works so well with my hair . my two favorite things about it is that it help protect my hair from the flat iron heat and it smells amazing . I purchased a bottle from Jcpenney.com and I paid $9.25 and that was a very good price for such a amazing product. I will buy another once I run out & I do recommend the product .
Courtney H.
Ada, OK
Not only is the product great at what it is intended for, PROTECTING YOUR HAIR FROM HEAT DAMAGE, but it SMELLS SO GOOD! I love using it! I use it every time I am going to use any heat on my hair and I have NO damage to my hair at all! Matter of fact, my hair is super, super long (to my bottom) and the last time I had my hair trimmed my stylist asked me if I even owned any heat tools for my hair because there was NO heat damage what so ever! I told her about this product and she now recommends it to her other clients!
Rebecca R.
Winchester, CA
I like this and kind of want to branch out more into chi products. I have found better products out there but I still think the price point is a tad steep but I gave it the extra star for the accessibility of finding it at practically any store. The spray is ok, I like to use it and let my hair dry all the way down before ironing but to be honest, I don't always have the time. I don't always reach for this, I more often reach for my oil actually
Jackie S.
I don't use a flat iron, but I do use this spray. I have straight hair, but it has frizz. This is the only product I've ever tried that blow dried my hair straight and removed any frizz. It's in a pump, not aerosol bottle. It's taken me almost a  year to  use one bottle. I find this occasionally at Marshall's or TJMaxx for a discounted price over what Ulta sells it for. I'd pay regular price if I had to. The product works that well for  me.
Rebecca W.
Independence , MO
Just wondering if this product really works and protects your hair. Additionally, I am wondering how much of the product you spray on at a time, and what store do you normally purchase this product to receive the best price?
Alice H.
Baytown, TX
Does this product make your hair greasy? I have very fine hair.
Maeghan A.
Does this help make your hair shiny and soft?
Danielle M.
Mine Hill, NJ
My hair has been so incredibly dry from blow drying every single day. I know this specific product is good to prevent breakage from heat from the flat iron, but is it okay to use with blow drying too? I really need to find a good product that I can use every day to protect my hair
Kristen S.
Schenectady, NY
Does this product make your hair greasy?