BY CHI #10 in Hair Primers & Heat Protectants

Thermal Protection Spray CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protecting Spray with the power of ceramic provides superior heat protection from the inside out against styling and finishing damages from the hottest heat tools. see more...

• How well does this work? Does it make your hair frizzy? W...5 Answers
  • What type of hair can use it?4 Answers
  • I have been looking for a heat protectant for when I dry ...3 Answers
  • "Great for use before flat ironing hair after the blow dry." in 1 review
  • "This is a great product it does it job the only thing i dont like about it its the smell " in 1 review
  • "I have been using this product religiously for a couple months and it has helped my hair not get split ends when I use hot tools on my hair!" in 1 review
Kristin Ann S.
This is my favorite hot appliance spray. I use Kiss Products Comb Straightener Gold Edition & the Kiss Straightener Gold Brush on my hair a few X a week & it protects my hair without it being greasy. It doesn’t add hold like Redken Hot Sets 22: Thermal Setting Mist which makes my hair crunchy. I will stick w this for as long as I use hot appliances! I use a hairdryer, straightening comb, straightening brush, ionic brush, diffuser, & flat iron. So I’m adding a lot of heat. (Not all at once obvs.) my hair is naturally curly 2B so I’m always chasing that straightened shiny hair look & I don’t like wearing wigs. So chi 44 is a lifesaver!! I spray it in my hair, brush it through & let it dry then use my straightener of choice. It doesn’t make my hair greasy! My hair gets greasy easily.
Bre R.
Stoneboro, PA
Been wanting to buy this iron guard for awhile now (usually I use a Garnier protectant spray) in all honestly, I like the cheaper one better. The chi one seems to put too much moisture into my hair, I can literally feel the “protectant shield” over my hair, which is amazing, it just makes styling my hair more of a process. The added moisture in my hair makes my hair straighten more frizzy than normal, I have to go over it way more than usual to get it nice and flat instead of fluffed out like I was in the humidity all day. In the end I feel like the added straightening time cancels out the protection, seems counter productive a little. I do feel like it helps protect my hair, especially on the ends, but definitely seems to be more of a pain than it’s worth. The cheap garnier one I usually use does not have this effect, it protects without making Doing your hair even harder. I think this is originally like 18$, but I bought mine at tj maxx for 12$. I will say this spray smells amazing though!
Kaley P.
Rex
BEST thermal protection spray I’ve ever used and I used a lot lol . The smell isn’t the best but that doesn’t bother me . I bought mine for $12.99 which isn’t the cheapest but definitely not the most expensive either . I love how it doesn’t make my hair as oily as some of the other products I’ve used in the past ! Definitely recommend.
Mckenna R.
Greenville, SC
I just started using this product about a month ago - I have always used a CHI straightener and I swear by it, I have had the same one since middle school and it is virtually my baby. Up until now I have used a thermal heat spray from the drug store, something cheap and easy but since I constantly struggle with split ends, dry hair, and heat damage, I figured it was time to try something new. So far I am loving this product, it is easy to use and there is a ton of product inside so even though I use it every day, it will last a long while. I find my hair is less dry than it typically is and even smoother than usual post straightening, curling, or blow drying. I recommend giving it a try!
Raeya B.
Hartford
I use this anytime I straighten my hair. This makes my hair super shiny and makes my style last long. My hair is red and curly, so whenever I straighten my hair I love this as my protectant. I will definitely buy again and definitely recommend!!
Amber C.
Girard, OH
I use this stuff every other day when I style my hair. I have seen a major improvement after I started using it for a month. I have less brittle, breakage, and split end hair. It keeps my hair protected from all the styling tools I use. I like to spray it a few times in my hands and work it through my hair when it's wet, rather than using the spritzer directly to my hair.
Talya A.
Denver, CO
I brought this thinking that I was going to LOVE it. I did for about a week, which I think is always needed to try out a new product, and I was not impressed. I don't feel that it kept my hair healthy. I have thin, straight shoulder length hair and it made it more frizzy. I ended up finding something new.
Mer J.
Milwaukee, WI
I absolutely love this product! It was recommended to me by a lady at ULTA. My hair is super thick and when I use a blow dryer, it gets super frizzy.

This is the first product I've used that combats the frizz but doesn't make my hair greasy. Along with shampoo and conditioner, this is the only hair product I use. I do not blow dry my hair every day (more like 2-3 times per week). However, I was told I could use it every day.
Michaela L.
This didn’t work for me at all. My ends felt stiff & fried while my roots felt greasy & sticky. It smells really good, but the performance ain’t so hot... especially for the price. My hair just feels better off without using this as a heat protectant.
Emily W.
Hardin, IL
This is a must have product if you tend to use heat on your hair. I always use this before blow drying, straightening or curling my hair to protect it. Taking care of my hair is extremely important to me and I highly recommend this heat protectant!
Erin  W.
Spring, TX
Is this product worth the price?
Morgan P.
Saylorsburg , PA
How well does this work? Does it make your hair frizzy? Would you recommend it?
Carolina P.
What type of hair can use it?
Itzitl P.
Clifton, NJ
I have been looking for a heat protectant for when I dry and straighten my hair, how effective is this ? I have tried many other brands but haven't been fully satisfied.
Brittney S.
Fort Payne, AL
Is this a good heat protectant?