BY CHI

CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray: Thermal protection spray from CHI 8.5 oz can Ideal for creating lift and volume Long-lasting hold in an iron guard spray For use with all flat irons, curlers and hair dryers

• My hair has been so incredibly dry from blow drying every single da...4 Answers
  • Does this product give shine to your hair? Without making it look t...2 Answers
  • I heard this product makes your hair "crunchy" after straightening,...2 Answers
Amanda R.
Amanda R.
Galax, VA
This is one of my all time favorite heat protectant sprays. I have very thin brittle hair that is full of static and falls out from the use of a brush. This product worked wonders for me. After the first three days I could feel a difference in the look and texture of my hair. It wasn't as dry and my split ends looked as good as they would after getting a conditioning treatment at the salon. It is also a great way to keep stray hairs from sticking out as much. I've noticed with some of my friends who have thick full hair that it does not seem to work as well. Also be sure to only use a small amount starting at the ends of your hair and then working your way up to the roots, if not your scalp will look greasy. My only con with this product is the smell but after an hour or so it seems to fade out and not be as strong.
Lyndsay N.
Lyndsay N.
Kansas City, MO
I destroyed my natural "Shirley Temple" curls after a decade of flat ironing, (and other heat damage), bleach, dye, and chemicals. About 8 months ago, I decided to really work on helping my hair get healthy again. This is one of the products that saved my hair. I use this before blow drying, curling, or straightening my hair and it helps so so much. During the summer, if I'm gonna be outside in the sun, I also use this to protect my hair from sun damage. It helps so much. My hair actually looks and feels noticeably better when I use this. I will definitely continue to repurchase this product!
As an added little bonus- its smells incredible. I wish there was a body spray with this scent!
Emily B.
Emily B.
Durham, NC
I bought this product randomly at TJ Maxx the day I bought a hair straightener. It does amazing things to my hair. I did not buy a hair straightener for years thinking it would destroy my hair. I have thick, curly, brown hair. And it is also prone to damage. This product is amazing - it protects very well and does not leave my hair sticky or dull. I spray a lot on the bottom layer of my hair and pin the top layer up. It really adds shine (good shine) to your hair and I have yet to see any damage.

I did not give this product a 5 because of the high price and I have not tried any other "heat protectant" products.
Sara B.
Sara B.
Stacy, MN
My sister first told me about this product, she is a cosmetologist, because I straighten or curl my hair every day and did not use heat protectant because it always left my hair sticky, hard, or just gave it a weird texture in general and I didn't like it. I tried out this product and FELL IN LOVE. It does not give your hair that sticky or hard texture that a lot of hair products do and it actually makes your hair soft and shiny after you brush through it and straighten or curl it. It is a bit more expensive, however it is totally worth every penny!
marissa d.
marissa d.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought a bottle of this and used it every time I used a flat iron on my hair. I noticed a little difference while using it but never planned on buying it again because it was a little pricey and I wasn't a big fan of the strong smell. But after running out and not using it for a few months i realized it actually helped a lot! My hair looked a lot more dead and took a lot longer to grow without using it for a while. So I did end up buying another bottle! It's actually the best heat guard I've tried. Only con is the smell.
Maja S.
Maja S.
Seattle, WA
One of my least favorite CHI products I've ever purchased and highly disappointing. With CHI there is a certain level of efficacy and quality you expect that this just did not do it for me- it is incredibly heavy/ sticky and makes your hair a tangled mess before using your heating tool, which can add unnecessary frustration and time to your routine. I would recommend other products, like Loreal or Schawrzkopf which have a might lighter feel.
Lina C.
Lina C.
This spray leaves my hair crunchy and stiff. I cannot attest to its heat protecting abilities as I haven't used it long enough to tell. I am not crazy about the fragrance on this - it's kinda masculine. And the spray seems to come out in a spritz rather than a mist, which makes it difficult to apply all over the hair.

I am just so glad I bought a travel size of this. It's not even worth trying to return to the store. Into the trash it goes!
Victoria
Victoria
This product is pretty good. It does a great job at protecting your hair when you use heat to style it. You can hear the product sizzle' when you apply heat. It wasn't too expensive and you can find it at most stores. Has an okay smell. The packaging is well made, and the nozzle sprays evenly. Just make sure you don't spray it too close to your roots or they'll get oily, but that goes for a lot of heat protecting sprays.
Hayley K.
Hayley K.
El Paso, TX
I've been using chi hair products for almost 10 years now! I love their thermal spray because it products your hair from the heat of your iron, but it also leaves your hair smelling AMAZING! I go through a bottle of this every 2 or 3 months (I straighten my hair with it everyday). I feel like the price is decent considering the products does last a few months and not just a month! I definitely recommend it!
Chelsey B.
Chelsey B.
I love the smell but the outcome is not great! It always makes my hair look oily and greasy and stiff. At first, I thought that I may have used too much but I continued to use less and less but the outcomes were the same. Maybe it's because I dont have the Chi straightener but I couldn't afford it. I assumed this should work just as well with any straightener but I was not impressed at all.
Alice H.
Alice H.
Baytown, TX
Does this product make your hair greasy? I have very fine hair.
Rebecca W.
Rebecca W.
Independence , MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
Just wondering if this product really works and protects your hair. Additionally, I am wondering how much of the product you spray on at a time, and what store do you normally purchase this product to receive the best price?
Maeghan A.
Maeghan A.
Does this help make your hair shiny and soft?
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
University Pk, PA
I was wondering how this product works? I know you spray on before ironing your hair but is that all? Also how much would you spray to a certain section of hair?
Kristen S.
Kristen S.
Schenectady, NY
Does this product make your hair greasy?