BY CHEMEX

Known as a pristine coffeemaker, Chemex employs all of the chemically correct methods for brewing. see more...

Buy on Walmart*
Ali R.
San Diego, CA
I loved this coffeemaker so much I bought it twice! When I accidentally hit it against a cabinet edge and it broke I bought another which I handled with extreme care. It lasted two months. One day while washing it, it tapped gently against a plate in the sink and the area near the spout broke (same place as before). I see that other reviews mention it breaking as well. This may be a design flaw of this particular style. I loved the sleek look compared to the "standard" Chemex and it made great coffee but it's not durable enough for everyday use. Undefined
Emma P.
Winchester, Va
The Chemex makes smooth, tasteful, and bold coffee. There is no murkiness from the grounds, it filters perfectly well. I drink my coffee black and I enjoy it that way the most. The french press tends to be thicker and more bitter, but the Chemex captures the coffee's flavor drastically better.

This is the best way to make your morning cuppa, in my opinion, especially if there are two or more people in your home consuming coffee. If it is just you, than you can use a V60.

The Chemex is priced very reasonably, it lasts for a long time (unless you crack it, which I've done. Oops) and it is a very sturdy, wonderful product. It makes delicious coffee, as long as you follow the instructions and do it correctly.
I can make a cup for my husband and I in 10 minutes, so it really doesn't take that long. I prefer this version, because of the handle, it is easier to use. Yes, you won't get your typical hipster aesthetic without the wooden handle like on the other option, but this one is so much more practical.
But please, as a coffee snob, look up how to make your coffee before you use this, i promise it tastes so much better if you do it correctly!