Chemex Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker, 10 cup capacity uploaded by Emma P.

BY CHEMEX

Known as a pristine coffeemaker, Chemex employs all of the chemically correct methods for brewing. see more...

Pamela S.
Travelers Rst, SC
We are avid coffee drinkers and use our French press regularly, but we enjoy using the chemex for special occasions or an after dinner cup. The coffee tastes smoother when made in the chemex. The clean up is super easy and we enjoy being able to toss the filter and beans in the compost, making clean up nice and easy. The only draw back is the coffee cools quicker than our French press, so if we don’t enjoy both cups immediately we need to keep it on the stovetop on low to stay hot.
Colbey R.
Fairfax, VA
I purchased my chemex about 2 years ago and use it regularly. It brews amazing coffee and takes a lot of harsh bitterness away, making it smooth to drink. It is very easy to clean and doesn’t get murky. I would highly recommend to anyone that wants to venture away from their standard coffee maker!
Amber T.
Sayre, PA
I LOVE my chemex!!! It’s durable, beautiful, easy and I’m a huge coffee snob. I have to say I freaked out when I accidentally dropped it on the floor, but to my surprise no chip, crack, nothing happened. Soooo it’s durable.
Emma P.
Winchester, Va
The Chemex makes smooth, tasteful, and bold coffee. There is no murkiness from the grounds, it filters perfectly well. I drink my coffee black and I enjoy it that way the most. The french press tends to be thicker and more bitter, but the Chemex captures the coffee's flavor drastically better.

This is the best way to make your morning cuppa, in my opinion, especially if there are two or more people in your home consuming coffee. If it is just you, than you can use a V60. The Chemex is priced very reasonably, it lasts for a long time (unless you crack it, which I've done. Oops) and it is a very sturdy, wonderful product. It makes delicious coffee, as long as you follow the instructions and do it correctly. I can make a cup for my husband and I in 10 minutes, so it really doesn't take that long. I actually don't prefer this version, because of the wooden handle, though you get the typical hipster aesthetic, it is not practical and is harder to hold. There is another version that has a glass handle and is much more practical. But please, as a coffee snob, look up how to make your coffee before you use this, i promise it tastes so much better if you do it correctly!
Kirby M.
Eugene, OR
I had been a loyal French press user for at least a decade but found a screaming deal on a 10 cup Chemex, loved the mod design, and had to have it. I had no idea that this method of brewing coffee would result in such a drastically different experience, but I'm a convert now. The same coffee I'd been brewing in my French press tastes full but not bitter when brewed in the Chemex. I've been using it the Chemex brand folded paper filters, but there are plenty of other options for filters. It's an easy, mess-free, low maintenance way to make amazing coffee.
Joelle K.
You will never have black coffee the same way again. Once you master the art of the Chemex, there's no going back. Its easy to use and affordable. This device is easy to clean and can even keep warm on the stove (set on low). Definitely would recommend for all the coffee lovers out there.
Betsy  C.
Calumet, MI
This isn't your ordinary coffee maker. This is far more than that. I like to call myself a "coffee snob"- and if you think you may be one too (defined: individual who likes fresh, PREMIUM coffee, whole bean - ground immediately before consumption) then you will WORSHIP your Chemex coffee maker. I struggled using an aero-press (note; if you're a coffee snob, you'll know what this is, or possibly have 3 different types in your kitchen, like me) and decided it takes far too many steps to brew an amazing tasting, fresh, FAST cup of coffee. (I need my coffee PRONTO)! So when my BF brought home this test-tube scientific thing (Bunsen Burner sold separately) I tried my first cup of joe, and within minutes I was putting my aero press on the very TOP shelf --the shelf way up next to my old Keurig and baby Bunn.
This is the real deal for coffee snobs. If you get one. You'll totally love it. I'm hooked. No future upgrade needed! (I've run out of shelf space anyway...).
Vanessa D.
Would you suggest the 10 cup or 6 cup for a two person household with occasional guests?
Miranda M.
I would like to know what all the hype is about this. What is it? How does it work? How much do these usually cost? Are they worth it?