Chegg uploaded by Amanda M.Chegg uploaded by Kelsey C.Chegg uploaded by Kelsey C.See all 5 photos

BY CHEGG

• What is chegg?They buy and sell books 15 Answers
  • Is this a good company to rent books ...Yes they are 19 Answers
  • I've never used chegg, only Amazon. I...Depends on the book. I like to... 22 Answers
Photos (5)
  • "Chegg has excellent customer service, and they sometimes send you freebies (I've gotten pens, shirts, coupons for other companies, notebooks, etc.)" in 24 reviews
  • "The first semester I had no clue this existed and wasted so much money on books that I didn't even open and that I received a dollar for when the semester ended." in 20 reviews
  • "I had a nightmare selling books back - they lost them for a while and kept telling me that the only way they can contact their own warehouse is through email." in 20 reviews
  • "I am on a budget , being a mom and a student, Chegg is a great inexpensive site to rent or buy text books." in 15 reviews
  • "With Chegg, college students do not have to pay hefty prices for a book that they will only use for a semester or worry about how much a bookstore will pay them at the end of the semester when they "sell" it back." in 15 reviews
Diana S.
Diana S.
Philadelphia, PA
Chegg is my go to place for cheap books that I'm not going to need or store for the long haul. I mean let's face it, general education classes are just there for us to spend more money. Yeah, we're exploring other interests, but it's not necessary in every case. That being said, I've had books come to me damaged. Like one of the books I have now, the binding is falling apart. Though it was a cheap rental, I don't expect any more. People sell they're used books for a couple of extra bucks back, that's better than nothing. I've sold old text books, and it was refreshing. I love how they also include a small gift with every package. Returning books back is free shipping, and if I do want to remember something for the long haul it's not like copy machines don't exist. Or note taking... Five star would be perfection, but I think they're still pretty awesome with four.
Vanna L.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I learned about Chegg the second semester of my freshman year of college, and it was literally a lifesaver for me. As a broke college student, money is tight enough without factoring in the cost of textbooks, and my first semester I spent almost $700 on books alone. My second semester, however, I only spent about $80. It's incredible the amount of money Chegg has saved me over the years, I can't be more thankful. Not to mention, they have wonderful customer service, and they send new customers fun freebies such as laundry detergent samples or energy drinks when you make your first order. I can't say enough good things about this company, they are simply amazing.
Cori K.
Cori K.
West Chester, PA
Being a college student, the one thing I never want to empty my pockets for are textbooks. Chegg makes it so simple and easy to rent textbooks for WAY less then buying them! The shipping is fast and reliable too. All you have to do is save the box it comes in and when you're done with it, print out the shipping label on your account and send it back at no cost to you! Also, every time I receive a package from Chegg I got free products that I can test out! I've gotten coupons, gift cards, coffee, laundry detergent, and the list goes on! Do yourself a favor, save yourself some money and rent your textbooks from Chegg next semester!!
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
The service of renting books for the semester is an ingenious idea. This site has saved me so much money during college, and i love that they supply you with the return label. It is so easy and reasonably priced. I also love that now they have a few books that have an option for web viewing, a few of my books were not going to make it to me by the time the semester started, this feature helped ensure i did not fall behind in the class while waiting for books
Elise S.
Elise S.
Edgewood, MD
Bookworm Expert
As a college student I can tell you that there is no bigger pain than dealing with expensive textbooks that you may not use during the semester. I've tried many other websites when it came to buying and selling books, but chegg always gives me the best deals. I just started renting from chegg and it's a really easy process! You sign up and they send you the book and after you're down with it, you just put it in a box and ship it back FOR FREE.
Olga A.
Olga A.
Philadelphia, PA
I have never seen such stellar customer service! I input the wrong shipping address for my books, which essentially was my mistake. They sent me out new books for my class, still kept my discount, and didn't charge me again for it. The company really works to please their customers and does not overwhelm the student, understanding that school is a stressful time. I am absolutely amazed at how helpful and understanding these individuals are.
Shea C.
Shea C.
Tellico Plns, TN
As a stay at home mom who's trying to go back to school I had completely forgotten what a pain it was to buy textbooks. None of them are in my budget, well anyone's budget really. A friend told me about Chegg and I thought I'd give it a shot. The two books I needed for a 3 week course were over $200. I found them as rentals on Chegg for around $30 for both. It was a lifesaver!!!
Bridget B.
Bridget B.
Livonia, MI
Chegg is not always the cheapest online site, but it often is! I have used Chegg so much over my College years and have saved so much money because of it. Sometimes when I have a larger order they'll throw in some random goodies like Tide Pods or Red Bull which is always a nice little surprise! My other favorite site is bookrenter, which has books for amazingly cheap also!
Sandra V.
Sandra V.
Saint Cloud, FL
Always- ALWAYS check Chegg before you purchase books for school. They are much cheaper than most college bookstores. Another plus is free digital book before delivery. I admit that I wait until classes start before I purchase my books. I can order from Chegg and access the content online while I wait for my book. I always rent used and have never been disappointed.
Laura G.
Laura G.
Tempe, AZ
With Chegg it is so easy to sell your textbooks. You go online and put type in the barcodes for textbooks you want to sell and a slip is made for you to print. All you have to do is put your textbook in a book with the shipping slip already paid for. I also always got more money back than selling the textbooks back to my campus bookstore.
Kristina V.
Kristina V.
Crestwood, IL
Does your local bookstore offer price matching?
Emily Y.
Emily Y.
Columbus, OH
Can you sell them books that you did not buy from them?
Hannah W.
Hannah W.
I've never used chegg, only Amazon. Is this cheaper/more efficient?
Dominique T.
Dominique T.
Is this a good company to rent books from
Amanda P.