Add a Photo

Photos (5)
Diana S.
Diana S.
Philadelphia, PA

Chegg is my go to place for cheap books that I'm not going to need or store for the long haul. I mean let's face it, general education classes are just there for us to spend more money. Yeah, we're exploring other interests, but it's not necessary in every case. That being said, I've had books come to me damaged. Like one of the books I have now, the binding is falling apart. Though it was a cheap rental, I don't expect any more. People sell they're used books for a couple of extra bucks back, that's better than nothing. I've sold old text books, and it was refreshing. I love how they also include a small gift with every package. Returning books back is free shipping, and if I do want to remember something for the long haul it's not like copy machines don't exist. Or note taking... Five star would be perfection, but I think they're still pretty awesome with four.
Kelsey C.
Kelsey C.

I have rented from Chegg for 2 years now. I have never once encountered a problem with them until this most recent time. I ordered my books on a Sunday. On Tuesday of the same week I got ONE of my books in the box, the book was damaged, missing 30 pages, and 47 more pages weren't even attached inside the book. I promptly let them know and they were very understanding. Instead of exchanging my book, they refunded me and told me to go back on the website and reorder it. The book then cost $65 (originally $21). I informed them of this and they guaranteed that they would refund me back to $21 AFTER I paid the $65. I went back online to reorder the book and it was SOLD OUT. In order to keep from missing a week of work, I have to keep the damaged book.
Why would they even send out a book that was in that bad of shape?
Vanna L.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO

I learned about Chegg the second semester of my freshman year of college, and it was literally a lifesaver for me. As a broke college student, money is tight enough without factoring in the cost of textbooks, and my first semester I spent almost $700 on books alone. My second semester, however, I only spent about $80. It's incredible the amount of money Chegg has saved me over the years, I can't be more thankful. Not to mention, they have wonderful customer service, and they send new customers fun freebies such as laundry detergent samples or energy drinks when you make your first order. I can't say enough good things about this company, they are simply amazing.
Cori K.
Cori K.
West Chester , PA

Being a college student, the one thing I never want to empty my pockets for are textbooks. Chegg makes it so simple and easy to rent textbooks for WAY less then buying them! The shipping is fast and reliable too. All you have to do is save the box it comes in and when you're done with it, print out the shipping label on your account and send it back at no cost to you! Also, every time I receive a package from Chegg I got free products that I can test out! I've gotten coupons, gift cards, coffee, laundry detergent, and the list goes on! Do yourself a favor, save yourself some money and rent your textbooks from Chegg next semester!!
Ashley M.
Ashley M.

The service of renting books for the semester is an ingenious idea. This site has saved me so much money during college, and i love that they supply you with the return label. It is so easy and reasonably priced. I also love that now they have a few books that have an option for web viewing, a few of my books were not going to make it to me by the time the semester started, this feature helped ensure i did not fall behind in the class while waiting for books
Elise S.
Elise S.
Edgewood, MD

As a college student I can tell you that there is no bigger pain than dealing with expensive textbooks that you may not use during the semester. I've tried many other websites when it came to buying and selling books, but chegg always gives me the best deals. I just started renting from chegg and it's a really easy process! You sign up and they send you the book and after you're down with it, you just put it in a box and ship it back FOR FREE.
Olga A.
Olga A.
Philadelphia, PA

I have never seen such stellar customer service! I input the wrong shipping address for my books, which essentially was my mistake. They sent me out new books for my class, still kept my discount, and didn't charge me again for it. The company really works to please their customers and does not overwhelm the student, understanding that school is a stressful time. I am absolutely amazed at how helpful and understanding these individuals are.
Rosivel D.
Rosivel D.

This website is all I have been using to purchase my textbooks ever since I started college. I don't even dare to look at my university's bookstore. Sometimes I would get a book for $20 instead of the regular expensive price. I usually end up paying $100 something in total for like 4 textbooks, which is such a great deal compared to how expensive books can be. Plus, they give you mini goodies when you purchase a certain amount
Robin R.
Robin R.

Love chegg but the last two semesters I've opted for electronic books because there easier on my eyes and easier navigate. After my first under grad I opted for chegg because books were a fourth of the price compared to the two bookstores on campus. The first semester I ordered I got a freebie of he new Red Bull blueberry but there current freebies are just like fifty cents off keurig cups which are usually expired
Kristina H.
Kristina H.
Spotsylvania, VA

My first semester of college I bought my books through the bookstore. I spent over $500!! My second semester my roommate told me about Chegg. I got almost all my books from Chegg for at least half the price if not cheaper than from the bookstore. They have amazing customer service and if you rented you're books they make it super easy to send them back. I will always use Chegg for my books.
Kristina V.
Kristina V.
Crestwood, IL

Does your local bookstore offer price matching?
Emily Y.
Emily Y.
Columbus, OH

Can you sell them books that you did not buy from them?
Hannah W.
Hannah W.

I've never used chegg, only Amazon. Is this cheaper/more efficient?
Dominique T.
Dominique T.

Is this a good company to rent books from
Amanda P.