BY CHEF MICHAELS DOG FOOD

• Anyone with a dog with allergies tried Chef Michaels? 1 Answers
  • Anyone with a dog with allergies tried Chef Michaels? 1 Answers
  • Does this come in a Senior Dog Version?Or a puppy version?2 Answers
Chef Michaels Dog Food
  • "Took her to the vet & they said she was perfectly fine just very picky so I switched her to Purina Chef Michael's Grilled Sirloin Steak Flavor and potato & green bean garnishes & She LOVES it!" in 11 reviews
  • "my dogs love michaels food but its 19.99 for a medium bag, but once in awhile i treat my dogs to this..they do pick out the chicken pieces which i dont like,but they eat it." in 7 reviews
  • "Its Kind of Pricey for the size of the bags they offer BUT The first ingredient listed on the bag is Beef Or Chicken(Depending on which flavor you buy.)" in 5 reviews
  • "My dog is a very picky eater and this is the only dry food she will eat." in 3 reviews
Jéssica S.
Minden, NV
Pet Lover Expert

I bought this dog food for a few months because our dog seemed to love it and it did not list the corn as the first ingredient, which is what I heard you say you have to look out for. After awhile though it seemed that our dog did not care for him as much and started going to the bathroom with more and seemed more talkative. I have seen it changed to a brand that enjoys far more. This Purina Chef Michael's Food Dog provides below-average nutritional value for your dog. Although this product has a whole source of animal protein listed first in the list of ingredients, it is only one of two sources of animal protein and is a common food allergen. Within the top five ingredients on the list there are three herbal ingredients that provide only your dog with moderate nutritional value at best. There are also a number of questionable ingredients such as low cost fillers and low quality supplements that can do more harm to your dog than good. Overall, this Dog Food from Purina Chef Michael is not recommended.
Kendra A.
Kingston, MA
Although not the worst in terms of ingredients, this dog food defiantly is not a good one. It contains poultry by- products, which is the scraps (including beaks, feet, and underdeveloped eggs) left from processing poultry like chickens and turkey. It also has artificial colors, no probiotics, and contains menadione, which has is linked to liver toxicity and allergies.
Jessica S.
Elliott, IA
This food ranks right up there with the worst stuff you can buy. Read the ingredients on this product and you will see why. Anything that comes from Purina is not good for any of your pets. Bad ingredients only results in bad health for your pets.
Heather L.
When looking at "premium" dog foods, it is important to look at the first 5 ingredients of the food. Ingredients are listed by weight. Out of the first five ingredients of the Oven Roasted Chicken dry food, only the first ingredient is a meat protein. Except the chicken is weighed before it loses its water content (it loses about 80% of its weight). The next "meat" ingredient is poultry by-product.

What are by-products? Parts that are not meant for human consumption. This includes feet, beaks, head, bones - anything that cannot be used for human consumption.

It also contains "animal digest." Animal digest is undecomposed animal tissue - hair, horns, teeth, hooves, feathers, etc. Animal digest is usually taken from roadkill, dead zoo animals, dead on arrival animals, and even euthanized pets from shelters.

So the protein is not coming from meat products. And the "meat" products are not human-grade.
Candice S.
Fullerton, CA
Corn and soy make up the bulk of this product and are two of the worst allergens for dogs. In addition, you have cheap fillers like brewer's rice and meat by-products, which are low quality ingredients. Please do your pet a favor and purchase them a healtheir dog food.
Sara R.
Boston, PA
My dog always threw up every time he tried to eat chef Michael's. The ingredients did not agree with his stomach.
Randi C.
Poseyville, IN
After learning what should be in my pets dry food I will never feed this food to any dog again. They claim so many thgings that are false and can't even name some of their meet. Trust me, look into what your feeding your dog and you'll be shocked. The only reason your dogs like this food is because it is literally the equevilent to McDonalds in the dog food world.
Megan D.
Taylor, MI
This should not be labeled "premium" brand dog food. It has garbage ingredients that dogs should not be fed.
Alexandra O.
Utica, NY
I'll be honest, I have never tried with specific food with my dog and wouldn't ever but that stems from te brand. I had been feeding a Purina brand food to my cats last year and that's all they had been on through their lives when my female calico was getting very sick, urinating blood, not urinating at all, acting lethargic and wouldn't play with her brother. She was very unlike herself. I brought a sample of the urine to her vet and he asked for some information, including what we feed her. When I told him Purina he was ready to scold me. He called back once her tests had come in and what he thought was going on, WAS going on. The food wasn't digesting correctly and so in turn, crystal were forming in her urine, blocking the way of it coming out and scratching her internally as they were squeezed out here and there. The Vet said to do some research on Purina. From what I found, it is a very cheap brand with very bad benefits. The food is connected with a lot of illness and problems in pets and once we got her off of that brand and on to something much healtheir, she was GREAT! I noticed a new energy in her and her brother and better skin and coat quality. I am so glad that we figured it out before anything really bad happened. PLEASE, DO YOUR RESEARCH. DO NOT FEED THIS TO YOUR FURRY BABIES!
Kayla S.
Pittsburgh, PA
This food is the lowest of the low when it come to quality. It is a food that is full of grains, glutens and fillers. All of which are absolutely horrible for your dog. It can cause skin, stomach, and ear issues. I would never feed this to my dog.
Jennifer K.
Rochester Hls, MI
Do you like this dog food more than other similar brands?
Lindsay H.
Roanoke, VA
Why is Purina different from other dog foods?
Leilani A.
Is Chef Michaels Dog Food a bit more expensive than other dog food you've bought before?
Elizabeth W.
Fort Mill, SC
What positive benefits has Purina had on your dog compared to other foods?
Leilani A.