BY CHEF MICHAELS DOG FOOD

• Anyone with a dog with allergies tried Chef Michaels? 1 Answers
  • Anyone with a dog with allergies tried Chef Michaels? 1 Answers
  • Does this come in a Senior Dog Version?Or a puppy version?2 Answers
Chef Michaels Dog Food
  • "Took her to the vet & they said she was perfectly fine just very picky so I switched her to Purina Chef Michael's Grilled Sirloin Steak Flavor and potato & green bean garnishes & She LOVES it!" in 11 reviews
  • "my dogs love michaels food but its 19.99 for a medium bag, but once in awhile i treat my dogs to this..they do pick out the chicken pieces which i dont like,but they eat it." in 7 reviews
  • "Its Kind of Pricey for the size of the bags they offer BUT The first ingredient listed on the bag is Beef Or Chicken(Depending on which flavor you buy.)" in 5 reviews
  • "My dog is a very picky eater and this is the only dry food she will eat." in 3 reviews
Maggie M.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
It was the only dog food we could get our little puppy (chihuahua terrier mix) to eat in the beginning! But now we've largely stuck with it because it keeps her healthy and happy and her accidents have gone down to zero!
Auriel S.
Nashville, TN
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My dogs are OBSESSED with this. It's one of the only dog foods they seem to be really excited to eat (and eat all of). Good ingredients and a good price point. I wish they sold it near me - it's becoming harder and harder to find, Would definitely purchase again if I ran across it though!
Alissa R.
Lynnwood, WA
Purina products use "pet grade" meat. This means that the meat used to create their foods was not fit for human consumption. This is often the fact with any brand of dog food you can buy in a major grocery chain or walmart. Pet Grade meats typically come from animals that have died of disease or had other issues. if you wouldn't eat a diseased animal then why would you feed your pets this?

Even though Chicken (or other meats) are the first ingredient on these types of dog food, they are listed by weight and the meat is weighed prior to cooking. The next ingredients after that are the ones which the food contains the most of.

Soybean Meal is not meant to be consumed by meat eating animals, which is why many dogs eating "store brand" dog foods will have LOTS of gas and loose stools to boot.

I could go down the list of each ingredient in these foods after years of experience working in the pet industry (as a vet tech and also in high end pet stores) but lets just say...for the LOVE OF YOUR PET please research what you're feeding them and do NOT just buy whats cheapest. We all love our animals and want them to live long healthy lives and we can help accomplish that with proper food quality. Spend a little extra every month for the health of your pet
Alexandra O.
Utica, NY
I'll be honest, I have never tried with specific food with my dog and wouldn't ever but that stems from te brand. I had been feeding a Purina brand food to my cats last year and that's all they had been on through their lives when my female calico was getting very sick, urinating blood, not urinating at all, acting lethargic and wouldn't play with her brother. She was very unlike herself. I brought a sample of the urine to her vet and he asked for some information, including what we feed her. When I told him Purina he was ready to scold me. He called back once her tests had come in and what he thought was going on, WAS going on. The food wasn't digesting correctly and so in turn, crystal were forming in her urine, blocking the way of it coming out and scratching her internally as they were squeezed out here and there. The Vet said to do some research on Purina. From what I found, it is a very cheap brand with very bad benefits. The food is connected with a lot of illness and problems in pets and once we got her off of that brand and on to something much healtheir, she was GREAT! I noticed a new energy in her and her brother and better skin and coat quality. I am so glad that we figured it out before anything really bad happened. PLEASE, DO YOUR RESEARCH. DO NOT FEED THIS TO YOUR FURRY BABIES!
Sandria C.
detroit, MI
Chef Micheal's Purina Chef Michael's Dog Food  Is my dogs choice of food as of now. My 9 years old shih tzu seems to get tired of one food after a few months. He's so very picky.
Heather L.
When looking at "premium" dog foods, it is important to look at the first 5 ingredients of the food. Ingredients are listed by weight. Out of the first five ingredients of the Oven Roasted Chicken dry food, only the first ingredient is a meat protein. Except the chicken is weighed before it loses its water content (it loses about 80% of its weight). The next "meat" ingredient is poultry by-product.

What are by-products? Parts that are not meant for human consumption. This includes feet, beaks, head, bones - anything that cannot be used for human consumption.

It also contains "animal digest." Animal digest is undecomposed animal tissue - hair, horns, teeth, hooves, feathers, etc. Animal digest is usually taken from roadkill, dead zoo animals, dead on arrival animals, and even euthanized pets from shelters.

So the protein is not coming from meat products. And the "meat" products are not human-grade.
Charli M.
bonita
I realize not everyone can or wants to feed their dogs premium natural dog food. So with that said I have seen dogs enjoy this food and do fine on it. Its affordable and easy to buy at the grocery store. I recommend that you do some research and you might see that premium foods are so much healtheir for your pets and they eat less, and poo less. But if this is all you afford or chose to do I'm happy that you love a dog and are giving it a great life. All dogs need good food and good love and this food can do that.
Candace R.
Chino Valley, AZ
I used to feed my Teacup Yorkie "Pixie" The green bag Natural Choice Lamb & whole brown rice & after a few years she just stopeed eating it. Took her to the vet & they said she was perfectly fine just very picky so I switched her to Purina Chef Michael's Grilled Sirloin Steak Flavor and potato & green bean garnishes & She LOVES it! She always finished her 1 cup a day. I tried the chicjen one & had to throw it away bc she wouldn't eat it, but the steak one she goes crazy for. I would HIGHLY recommend this food!
Brenda M.
Frisco, TX
Peanut and Lola love it. They are pretty picky too. When we first got Peanut as a puppy we were really concerned because she didn't want most foods. We bought several mainstream brand foods and she rejected it. At that time she was eating a different brand. However when we found this, she went goo goo over this food.
Lola is a total Diva. She only eat's food that is up to her four legged standards. Although she doesn't like everything Peanut like-this dog food is something they agree on.
Jessica S.
Bartlett, TN
This brand has a nice variety and each one has lots of veggies and meat and look very good BUT for me that's the end if the goodness. Cause the container is soooooo small that it barely fills my dogs and they are not that big I have a Boston terrier who is 15lbs, a poodle who's 5lbs and a chihuahua who's 4lbs and they each want a second can. Plus they are almost $2 a can and on average if u feed ur dog 2-4 cans a day cause they always want more than one that's can get expensive!!
Marjorie S.
Newport News, VA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My dog loves wet food is this a great brand to start giving him to move him from the wet food.