Add a Photo

Photos (4)
Jennymae G.
Jennymae G.
Gloucester, VA

My dog loves this food, her coat is so shiny after switching her. Also a plus for me is that have no problems with her gaining weight on this band. would recommend this one for your dog. Also my parents dog keeps trying to eat her food by crawling in the bag if left unzipped, she prefers it over her wilderness brand lol.
Molly D.
Molly D.
Raeford, NC

My dogs love this brand/style of food. Actually, they're rather obsessed with it! But when they would ONLY eat the "meat" parts of it, I had to switch them because I was wasting so much food that they refused to eat! They would pick through and snag all the larger red pieces out! Little turds!
Alissa R.
Alissa R.
Bothell, WA

Purina products use "pet grade" meat. This means that the meat used to create their foods was not fit for human consumption. This is often the fact with any brand of dog food you can buy in a major grocery chain or walmart. Pet Grade meats typically come from animals that have died of disease or had other issues. if you wouldnt eat a diseased animal then why would you feed your pets this? Even though Chicken (or other meats) are the first ingredient on these types of dog food, they are listed by weight and the meat is weighed prior to cooking. The next ingredients after that are the ones which the food contains the most of. Soybean Meal is not meant to be consumed by meat eating animals, which is why many dogs eating "store brand" dog foods will have LOTS of gas and loose stools to boot. I could go down the list of each ingredient in these foods after years of experience working in the pet industry (as a vet tech and also in high end pet stores) but lets just say...for the LOVE OF YOUR PET please research what you're feeding them and do NOT just buy whats cheapest. We all love our animals and want them to live long healthy lives and we can help accomplish that with proper food quality. Spend a little extra every month for the health of your pet
Karissa M.
Karissa M.
Pittsburgh, PA

MY DOG DOESN'T NORMALLY EAT DRY DOG FOOD, SHE IS VERY PICKY, BUT IN EFFORT TO MOVE AWAY FROM THR WET FOOD WE TRIED CHEF MICHAEL'S DRY DOG FOOD AND SHE LOVED IT! SHE GOBBLES UP THE ENTIRE BOWL AS SOON AS I FILL IT!
Ashley N.
Ashley N.
Waianae, Hi

I have been purchasing chef Michaels for three months now and I'm delighted. I have three different breeds of dogs, a maltese, a tea cup Chihuahua, and a terrier Ana this is the first food that they all agree on. Even my puppy with a sensitive stomach has had no accidents since eating it.
Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.
Burley, ID

My dog didn't really take to it. It Looks like it's got really healthy ingredients in it, like peas and carrots and rice, but she just wouldn't eat it.
Amanda B.
Amanda B.
Roslyn Hts, NY

My dog loves this stuff. She comes running when she hears the can pop open. I don't even think she chews, she finishes everything in like 1-2 minutes. She licks the plate clean too, so I guess it tastes good!
maria eugenia m.
maria eugenia m.
Medley, Fl. 33178-1044

Abbey M.
Abbey M.

The only food my American Eskimo will eat! She loves the "carrots." This is made with good ingredients too so I can feel good about feeding her this food.
Cori S.
Cori S.
Galloway, OH

I love Chef Michaels dog food and my puppy loves it she really only likes certain brands and this is one of them and it is really healthy for them
Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.
Rochester, MI

Do you like this dog food more than other similar brands?
Diane R.
Diane R.
Feb. 17, 2013, 2:27 p.m.
No, but it's not the worst dog food.
Lindsay H.
Lindsay H.
Roanoke, VA

Why is Purina different from other dog foods?
Momo
Momo
Dec. 22, 2012, 8:53 a.m.
Purina uses real meat and contains carbs,vitamins and omega fatty acids.Most dog foods dont contain vitamins and omega.
Leilani A.
Leilani A.

Is Chef Michaels Dog Food a bit more expensive than other dog food you've bought before?
Buffy S.
Buffy S.
March 23, 2013, 10:35 a.m.
Pound for pound it is a little spendy, but quality makes up for it.
Elizabeth W.
Elizabeth W.
Fort Mill, SC

What positive benefits has Purina had on your dog compared to other foods?
Candace R.
Candace R.
May 11, 2013, 1:04 a.m.
When I switched my teacup Yorkie to Purina's Grilled Sirloin Steak Flavor and potato & green bean garnishes she finished every crumb! Before when I fed her Natural Choice she didn't eat it all & wouldn't get excited when I was measuring her food for the day. With The steak Purina she jumps like crazy trying to get me to por it faster into her bowl... Even our cat will go steal a piece or 2 hehe
donna t.
donna t.
Meriden, CT

Does this come in a Senior Dog Version?Or a puppy version?
Shawndra B.
Shawndra B.
May 24, 2013, 11:51 a.m.
Unfortunately this only comes in an adult version and I'm not sure if they will ever expand to other versions or not.

Join Now