Chase Slate Credit Card uploaded by Tammy D.

BY JP MORGAN CHASE #17 in Credit Cards

• Chase Slate named "Best Credit Card for Balance Transfers" three years in a row by MONEY Magazine
  • $0 Introductory balance transfer fee for transfers made during the first 60 days of account opening
  • 0% Introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers
  • Monthly FICO® Score and Credit Dashboard for free
  • No Penalty APR - Paying late won't raise your interest rate (APR). All other account pricing and terms apply
  • $0 Annual Fee

Gianna M.
I really like that Chase allows me to view my credit score each month. I use the Chase app as well which allows me to easily pay online, they also send me text reminders to pay my bill which is really convenient. My only complaint is that it’s really a hassle to request a lower APR, essentially making it near impossible even if you have good credit to lower your interest rate. Other than that they do a great job integrating technology to make the card so easy to use and pay.
Amanda D.
Greensboro, NC
I keep my Chase Slate card for the convenience of having a credit card backed by Visa, which is accepted nearly everywhere. My card has a lower credit limit than my other cards, and when it expired this year, I had to call Chase to get them to send me a new one instead of them doing it automatically. However, I like that it's a Visa and that the interest rate is relatively low and will likely keep it for awhile.
Hollie M.
Wetumpka, AL
Credit cards are Satan. We got one for emergencies and to build credit. After having a few hard times, we came to rely on them too often. We have no rewards from ours, the rates are crazy and as soon as we pay it off, we will never get another one and will make sure our children never get one. Don't do it! No rewards are worth it to us. Can't wait to be done and out from under debt.
Abby D.
Milwaukee, WI
I’m only giving this card 3 stars because it’s sort of your run of the mill credit card - there are really no perks to this card and it’s pretty difficult to get your credit line increased. There are other cards I’d direct people too in the chance that I’m ever asked. As a positive though, I do really like their app and their customer service is pretty good overall.
Adriana G.
Miami Lakes
Many years ago when I was a freshman in college I applied for a student credit card with Chase. It was great for the first year when the interest rate. After the first year the interest rate shot up to 19.47% and has since remained the same. I kept the card as an emergency credit card, but I would not recommend anyone opening up a credit card with Chase
Michaela C.
This card is fine.  I originally had a rewards card with Washington Mutual, but when Chase bought them out about 10 years ago, it became a Chase Slate card, which bears no rewards.  The travel protections are pretty good, but I think you'll find that with any Chase card.
Fergie S.
Monrovia, CA
I love the Chase Slate Credit Card it was my very first credit card and the fact that  I was approved with no credit is why I appreciate this card.  The reward points are amazing and it's hassle free. I truly recommend this house for anyone starting up their credit.
JulieAnne P.
N Hollywood, CA
The 0% introductory APR was a lifesaver for me. I took a balance I had on one of my other credit cards and transferred it to my Slate card and was able to pay it off with way less stress. I highly recommend this for anyone carrying a large balance who wants to cut it down.
Sarah B.
The Chase slate card is great for those who not want to do a balance transfer to help pay down debt faster due to high APR rates. However, once you go passed the 18 month waived fee for balance transfers, be prepared to pay a bit for it, depending on your balance.
Nicole G.
I had a free balance transfer and 0% interest for 14 months after card opening, and was able to pay off the majority of my credit card debt this way. It also gives you a free credit statement every month (though you must use a desktop computer to access it).