BY JP MORGAN CHASE #11 in Credit Cards

• Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
  • Named a 'Best Credit Card' for Travel Rewards by MONEY Magazine
  • 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
  • Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
  • Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
  • No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards

Elijah G.
Fountain Vly, CA
This is my first credit card with an annual fee. A good chunk of my expenses comes from eating out with my girlfriend. As far as travel expenses, I do stay at hotels and Airbnb’s several times per year, use Uber whenever friends and I go to drink, and I fly out of state at least once per year. This makes it easy for me to make up the annual fee and then some. I’ve also had the Chase Freedom card for a few years before I got the Sapphire Preferred, so it fits in well with the Ultimate Rewards system. I can easily combined points earned from the Freedom card with the Sapphire Preferred. Instead of using the points for statement credit, I redeem them through Chase travel since the Sapphire Preferred gives you a 1.25x points redemption if you book through Chase travel.

As far as earning points to cover the annual fee, with the 2x earning on restaurants and travel you need $4,750 of expenses to accumulate 9,500 points. That only covers your annual fee. If your annual spending isn’t that high yet, I’d suggest going with a card with no annual fee like the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited. You can always apply for it later on, if your spending habits go up.

I’d definitely recommend this for people who travel a lot and eat out frequently, assuming you spend enough to earn more than the annual fee’s worth of points. Especially if you have either the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited.
Jessica I.
Brooklyn, NY
I love this card! You receive 10,000+ (depending if there is a special promo at the time) miles/points when you first sign up after spending $3k. Definitely recommend using those initial miles/points on travel to get the most value out of it. They also have agents who can help you plan your trip! $0 fee for the first year and $99 each year after. You earn points on pretty much everything and 2x on food and travel.

The card is also a little heavier than most credit cards which gives it the fake black card feel 😉
Sarah Y.
Is it possible to be in love with a credit card? The Chase Sapphire Preferred card is a great option for those who only have a few cards and are continuing to build a credit history. The introductory annual fee is relatively low considering the perks that come with this card. It's useful for those who travel and dine out, since you receive more points for purchases in those categories. You can also use points to book travel and accommodation through Chase.com, or transfer to an external travel partner.
Victoria T.
Absolutely my favorite card! With the signing bonus, there’s no other card out on the market than can compete with these travel rewards. If you plan on booking any upcoming vacations, sign up and spend $4,000 in three months and you’ll basically pay for your flights back in rewards! There’s no foreign transaction fees either! Chase also has wonderful customer service! Must have card!
Elizabeth U.
Sacramento, CA
This is my favorite credit card EVER. I seriously use it for everything. I originally signed up for this card because I was traveling internationally for a couple of months. I flew to Europe, Mexico, and Canada. This card has saved me so much money on international travel fees. It’s also been extremely convenient during my travels because it’s accepted everywhere! The annual fees are also super low, $100 annually? Something around there. Accumulating points has never been easier! Plus you can use these points towards future flights and save some $$$. I know this card can be a challenge getting approved for, but it’s definitely helped me increase my credit score! Plus it’s a metal card, how cool is that?!
steph g.
Glen Rock, NJ
I love this card. The points system is great and their travel booking concierge service is really helpful. I also like how the card itself is sleek and has a nice heavy feel to it. Feels high end and impressive. Though there is an annual fee, I get a lot of travel points through this card so i find it very worth it.
Maddie W.
Milwaukee, WI
I opened this credit card before a month long trip to Europe. It was the perfect card for international travel. International transactions were included and did not cost me any extra money. I liked that I was able to list all the countries I would be visiting and when so there was proper protection on my card and my transactions, protecting me from any fraud. However, I give this card three stars because I hate that there is an annual fee to keep the card open. I also think the interest rate is unreasonably high. I would recommend it if you’re a frequent traveler. If not, I’d pass this one up and look for a better option.
Alexandra S.
Washington, DC
As a traveler, I am a big fan of the Chase Sapphire Rewards card. I think the points earning system is fair and beneficial to the average spender. The best perk is the wide range of travel partners you can use the points on. Most of my personal travel has been fully or partially paid for with my Chase points.
Alaina M.
I like this card a lot as a way to save on my old percentage rates by doing a balance transfer for one year free. I recommend chase bank to everyone. I’ve probably had accounts at all the major banks throughout my life and Chase has by far been my favorite bank to deal with and have kept them for years now
Luci G.
San Juan Capo, CA
I love this card because we get miles on it. They give you points where it really counts- groceries and restaurants. I mean, we all need to eat, right? The only thing I wish for would be easier transferral for the flight. Best credit card for those who like to travel but don’t travel super frequently.