Chase Freedom Credit Card uploaded by Nyja R.

BY JP MORGAN CHASE #2 in Credit Cards

• Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
  • Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
  • Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it's automatic
  • 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 14.24-23.24%. Balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
  • Enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like gas stations, restaurants, and wholesale clubs
  • Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
  • No annual fee

• Does Chase watch over your account good and answer your questions...4 Answers
Christina S.
Streetsboro, OH
I have a chase checking account so paying the bill on this is super easy! I have had this card for about 7 years. They have increased my limits twice and the apr is a fair amount. I'm sure I could get it lowered if I wanted to call customer service. They also occasional send "checks" you can use for large purchases or to pay off other credit cards (balance transfer) it's usually zero percent for a year. I get them all the time. I've only done it once for a large purchase and paid if off within the year. The only way I would do it again is if I didn't already have a balance on the card. Down side is the payments you make go toward the original balance first, but I suppose that's a given. I also get cash back on this card too, I don't use it nearly enough to get a lot back. But sometimes they offer 5% back on certain categories. I don't use it all the time so most of the categories are just not viable for a 30 something non homeowner. Home improvement stores and amazon.com which I don't use much of either. I think the 5 percent categories should be less specific. Last quarter it was department stores which was a great one. Overall good credit card. It was my first and easy to build an excellent credit score.
Kate M.
Brooklyn, NY
I've had this card for about 6 months now and really like it! I bank with Chase so paying my bill is super easy in the Chase app. There is also an app specifically for this card where you can keep track of how many points you've earned and redeem them instantly in the app for digital gift cards. You get 1% back on all purchases and 5% back on purchases that qualify for the quarterly special-- basically each quarter you get 5% back at certain locations, like all grocery stores, or all dining out, and it changes each quarter. Definitely would recommend this as a basic cash-back card. Great for credit newcomers!
Meaghan R.
Quincy, MA
This credit card is a great option for someone who doesn't want an annual fee, and who can monitor the categories where they can receive the most cash back for maximum benefit. It's pretty much accepted everywhere, which is great, but it can be a little difficult to track which spending categories you're going to be receiving the highest benefit from. Otherwise, great card.
Cassie D.
Rowland Heights, CA
There is no outstanding cashback program compared to other credit cards. When I was invited to open this credit card account, I was not set up for the bonus! I spent $1000 in the first month, but still couldn't get the $100 bonus that everyone else has. When I called the customer service, they just said it's too late to give me the bonus, I should've called earlier.
Fabi E.
I have been using this card for a couple of years and I feel like they are constantly raising my annual percentage rate, even though I have good credit. Also, I forgot to make a payment and called the following day and they refused to waive the late fee, even though it was my first late payment. Once I am done paying off this card I will most definitely cancel.
Brittany P.
Johnston, RI
I hate that I have to wait to turn in my ultimate rewards. The card it ok but I can't seem to get a lower APR and this card has my highest %. I'm not sure this will ever be my main credit card. I think there are better ones out there. I don't think I would recommend this card to anyone, their customer service it not great either, not horrible, but not great
Sharon L.
I love the Freedom's rotating categories which allows me to earn 5% cash back, which really adds up. The only thing is that there is cap of $75 per quarter, but I have 2 Freedom cards, so I technically have a cap of $150, which I never pass anyway. Plus, VISA is accepted practically everywhere, and Chase has amazing customer service in my experience.
Mai H.
San Diego, CA
Earn cashback for using your Chase Freedom Credit Card.

The representatives are on point! I had my credit card hacked for some reason and they called me immediately telling me there has been suspicious activity and they canceled my card, Express shipped me a new one the following business day.

Amazing service! Never had a problem with Chase.
Kelly B.
This is my first credit card, and I love that I get cash back with my purchases. I usually get around $20 back every month, which really comes in handy. You can easily keep track of your account with the Chase mobile app, which I use to pay my card off as soon as I make a transaction. It's just easier to stay on top of things that way.
Austin C.
Plantation , FL
I love this card. I used it for my everyday purchases and easily reached the threshold to get the bonus! Plus I still have the 0% APR for a year! I love that they monitor the card to ensure that there is no fraud and call me to verify certain purchases. The customer service is great. Plus the app is easy to use.
Julie C.
Silsbee, TX
Does Chase watch over your account good and answer your questions promptly?