Charlotte's Web (Reissue) (Hardcover) uploaded by Ashley W.

BY HARPER COLLINS PUBLISHERS

The forty-seven black-and-white drawings by Garth Williams have all the wonderful detail and warmhearted appeal that children love in his work. Incomparably matched to E.B. White's marvelous story, they speak to each new generation, softly and irresistibly. Sixty years ago, on October 15, 1952, E.B. White's Charlotte's Web was published. It's gone on to become one of the most beloved children's books of all time. To celebrate this milestone, the renowned Newbery Medalist Kate DiCamillo has written a heartfelt and poignant tribute to the book that is itself a beautiful translation of White's own view of the world of the joy he took in the change of seasons, in farm life, in the miracles of life and death, and, in short, the glory of everything. We are proud to include Kate DiCamillo's foreword in the 60th anniversary editions of this cherished classic. Charlotte's Web is the story of a little girl named Fern who loved a little pig named Wilbur and of Wilbur's dear friend Charlotte A. Cavatica, a beautiful large grey spider who lived with Wilbur in the barn. With the help of Templeton, the rat who never did anything for anybody unless there was something in it for him, and by a wonderfully clever plan of her own, Charlotte saved the life of Wilbur, who by this time had grown up to quite a pig. How all this comes about is Mr. White's story. It is a story of the magic of childhood on the farm. The thousands of children who loved Stuart Little, the heroic little city mouse, will be entranced with Charlotte the spider, Wilbur the pig, and Fern, the little girl who understood their language. see more...

Marcie M.
Davison , MI
1,192 reviews
We have always loved the story and I used to read this book when I was little. The story is about a girl who becomes best friends with a bunch of farm animals, a pig in particular. What I love about this book is that it tells a story with humor and it also pulls at your heartstrings. The ending is a bit heartbreaking but it ends up twisting into a happy ending. I would highly recommend this book for children or adults.
Claudia S.
Dallas , TX
The book it’s great I remember reading it in school when I was young and books like this made me read more and more different kinds of books, I loved the movie as well the book and movie both made me tear when the spider died but amazing book I recommend for adults to read to there children.. instead of using technology I believe the best story is written
Valerie D.
Fayetteville, NC
I own the hard cover copy of Charlotte's Web and I've had it for years and it still looks brand new. I read it with my son as part if his English unit study. I enjoy the story so much and remember crying when I was a kid when Charlotte dies. There are so many funny moments in the book and it's just a fun read overall for kids and adults.
Melissa D.
N Hollywood, CA
I read this book in Elementary School!! This story is so nice but it's so sad I also had watch the movie. It's not disappointing!! I read this book from the school library so I don't know how much it costs
Jess N.
Lake Charles, LA
I not only enjoy this book growing up but I also got to enjoy it again when I was working in the school system. The teacher was working with right to our class and all the children were enthralled. This classic is definitely worth it.
Edyline E.
Amazing book and so impactful. When I was in third grade, my teacher read this to us and she cried when something bad happened to one of the characters (not going to spoil it) I might read it again.
Rhonda R.
This was and still my favorite children's book, I absolutely love the story of Fren and her pig, this is a book that I could read now and share it with my granddaughter. .Get this nook for the kids in your family. .Highly recommended. .
Sarah A.
This book is a classic childhood book, love the storyline to it, you can just imagine as you read what the characters look like and the sceneries!
It'll make you laugh, cry and just go through emotions! Absolutely a must read book :)
Jamie P.
Binghamton, NY
This an all time classic. Its so cute with different forms of life interacting. I love how they take a spider which is typically a fearful critter and portray her as a kind friend. I highly recommend this to all.
Ashley W.
Paragould, AR
Thisbisbmy daughters version of the pig on charlottes web. A little dark but you can tell how into this movie she is. Lol! Charlotte's Web (Reissue) (Hardcover)
Victoria F.