BY CHARLOTTE TILBURY

What it is: Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Foundation is a miracle in a bottle that transforms skin for all ages, skin tones and skin types. Charlotte has worked with laboratories for five years to create this hyper-intelligent formula that gives full coverage but feels completely weightless, with all the anti-aging and protective benefits of a luxury skin cream. What it does: The foundation conceals imperfections, glides on like a dream and literally feels like a second skin. Whether your skin needs just a bit of perfecting or you struggle with a frustrating issue like acne, melisma or rosacea, this foundation will give you perfect-looking skin every single day. A concentrated mushroom extract improves firmness, tightens pores and moisturizes; hyaluronic acid filling spheres reverse wrinkle grooves to retexture the skin within one hour; and supercharged vitamin C gives you a lit-from-within effect. It's also great for those with acne scarring, mature skin and normal to tired, dull skin. Research results: In a study featuring 554 women:- 89% agree the foundation lasts all day- 90% agree it's comfortable on their skin- 83% would recommend it to a friend- 77% agree it gives them perfect-looking skin- 88% agree it matches their skin tone. How to use: Apply with a complexion brush for flawless, poreless, weightless coverage. Color(s): 1, 10, 11, 12, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 9.5. Brand: Charlotte Tilbury. Style Name: Charlotte Tilbury 'Magic' Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15. Style Number: 5069919. see more...

• What would you compare this foundation to ? 3 Answers
  • What's the coverage of this like? I think I've found my shade and...3 Answers
  • Is this coverage any better than clinique products? If so, how? D...1 Answers
Carla H.
Hazard, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I had wanted to try this foundation for a very long time I'm so glad I finally did. It has buildable coverage it last me for over 18 hours it isn't to light or to heavy juts right I will definitely purchase this again and would highly recommend this for anyone with oily skin! Oily skin women don't be scared when you first apply cause it's a demi matte all you have to do is put on your best setting powder and this stuff is magical!
Angela D.
Claremont, CA
I first heard about this product from BuzzFeed and I thought I'd try it out and I'm so glad I did. It smoothed out any fine lines that I had and it had great coverage. I liked it but it didn't last all day, it doesn't flake or rub off but it does fade gradually throughout the day
Zuri A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This foundation did not impress me. I bought it when it first came out and I tried it for two weeks straight. I didn't see any magic I use it on light no makeup makeup days.
Lizz W.
I have just recently switched to this foundation (shade 2) and am absolutely in love! it covers everything and feels so smooth and luxurious yet very lightweight. For such a light feel i was shocked that it lasted so long. This is my new go-to and i can see myself using it from now on
Lane H.
Grand Rapids, MI
This was something that I'd heard so many good reviews on that I expected it to be actual magic. Just for reference, I have fair skin with peach undertones, tends toward dryness. This foundation sits strangely on my skin - it's velvety to the point of being hard to blend. I honestly wonder if I still need to figure out how to best apply it for my skin - I use a damp beauty blender, because I think this would be beautiful if I could get it to set and sit correctly on my face.
Ultimately, I give it a B+/A-.
Sophia T.
Irvine, CA
Personally, I really like this foundation. Yes, it's on the pricer side, but it is weightless and feels smooth to the touch. When I wear this foundation, I don't even feel like I'm wearing foundation. Also for me, there is this one shade that blends in PERFECTLY with my skin - I've never found a foundation that matches as well as this. Try it out (in select) Nordstrom so you don't end up buying a product that you dont like.
Issa O.
Woodland Hills, CA
I love this foundation so much! I initially bought this to cover up acne scars after seeing how they applied it on the Charlotte Tilbury website on somebody who had a lot of skin redness and active acne. To start off, my skin is dry and sensitive and acne prone due to hormonal reasons. I often get a bad breakout once a month the week prior to my period and it takes a while to heal in the sense that it leaves dark marks EVERY time so I needed something that would cover that up.

What a pleasant surprise to find out how lightweight this foundation is! It literally does not feel like I'm wearing anything on my face and there is very minimal transfer. It IS a bit pricey, but it's definitely worth it. I initially was only going to use this foundation during special occasions but I find myself reaching for it all the time.

Now if you have dry flakey skin like I do, moisturize well and use a facial scrub once a week to avoid the flakes. I use a damp beauty blender to apply it and what I also like to do is mix one and a half pump of the foundation with one drop of the Pura D Or pure Argan Oil. THIS is my all time favorite combination recently. The foundation lasts me 8-12 hours with no touch ups needed!
Mia K.
houston, Texas
Beauty Junkie Expert
If you have dry skin and are in need of a new foundation I'd say give this one a try!! Although it is on the pricey side it worked like magic for me. Smooth to the skin and it doesn't look cakey at all!
Katie W.
The Dalles, OR
This foundation is beautiful. I absolutely love the way it blends out and doesn't sink into my fine lines (i am 33) I find that I don't have to set it unless I'm going to be home 12+hrs. Would recommend for dry and oily skin tho with oily skin you would want to set it.
Marlena S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've used this foundation on and off for about 8 months now. I purchased shade 10 which is closest to my skin tone but I do find it to be a little on the red side. It's definitely matte, full coverage and only a single pump is needed. I find the best way to apply it is with a very compact duo-fiber brush. I have oily skin so it's it's important for me to use a primer and setting powder in order to get the longest wear possible. Overall, it's a decent foundation and I feel the price is on par with other prestige brands.
Alyssa D.
Waipahu , HI
What would you compare this foundation to ?
Brodie A.
Glossop, Derbyshire
What's the coverage of this like? I think I've found my shade and I want to give it a try but I need medium-full coverage.
Kari (Kaleah) D.
Blaine, WA
I have been looking for a full coverage foundation that lasts all day (I have combo skin and melasma) Double wear just does not have the undertone for me - would this be a good alternative?
Caroline F.
I have been looking for a good foundation and a lot of people clam this a miracle foundation. Is this product easy to apply? I will this product make me brake out? (I have combination skin)
Cassandra M.
West Middlesex, PA
Is this coverage any better than clinique products? If so, how? Does it cover acne well?