Charles Smith The Velvet Devil

by CHARLES SMITH

When Hollywood’s surprise hit Sideways suddenly spawned anti-Merlot sentiments everywhere, Charles set out to rebuff the movie’s unflattering depiction of this great varietal. One sip of this bold, sultry creation and you’ll know he succeeded at making Merlot sexy again.

Tasting Notes: As advertised, this smooth Merlot offers pure velvet, deep and delicious black fruit, cedar, tobacco and cassis. It conveys concentrated richness and yet purity and focus. It’s so good that it appears the devil made me do it.

Food Pairings: Burger with all the fixin’s, Grilled steak, Bacon anything

I have heard that this wine was good. I've been afraid to purchase because I'm afraid I won't like it. Does any one have anything good to say about it? How is the flavor?
Start your review of Charles Smith The Velvet Devil!
How would you rate this product?
San Antonio, TX
Charles Smith The Velvet Devil uploaded by Priscila S.
This merlot is delicious! It’s smooth, so flavorful and it does not leave a dry aftertaste. The price is totally fair for the flavor, which is on the affordable side. I found it at Whole Foods market. It has become an instant favorite!
Only bought because I thought the packaging looks cool. Outside packaging is better then the actual tase. Weird aftertaste. Seems like it’d be better refrigerated. Rubbing alcohol smell. Would not buy again.
Bedford, PA
Im not much of a merlot fan, but this wine is good. If you like a hardy wine with a berry type taste this is for you. definitely recommend drinking with a steak or some type of red meat. Very affordable, under $15 which is awesome for some good wine! I will definitely buy again when I want some with red meat!
Spokane, WA
This is my favorite red wine. I love the full body and smooth flavor. I always buy this if I want a red, and have given it as gifts many gems!
Jackson, TN
Purchased at: Kroger
One of my absolute favorites on a chilly fall night! Has a bold flavor that goes perfect with salty stews and a grilled cheese!
Hudson, OH
Charles Smith The Velvet Devil uploaded by Nicole K.
Not a Merlot fan, so this wasn't my favorite. Cute packaging, pretty leggy, good quality.
Paxton
This actually was surprisingly good for the price! I definitely will purchase it again