BY CHANEL #98 in Liquid Foundation

Buy Chanel Foundations - The tiniest drop of this hybrid fluid creates a fresh, natural complexion. Skin looks refined and feels refreshed, creating an exquisite makeup experience. The fluid formula has a soft, water-light texture, and comes in 10 shades that match perfectly to skin's undertones, whether pink or beige. Dermatologist-tested. Non-comedogenic. Oil-free. Information provided by CHANEL

• Ele serve como uma base?1 Answers
  • Do anyone recommend it ?? Is it better than lancom foundation?3 Answers
  • How well is the coverage with this? Being the price it is, i woul...2 Answers
Buy on Chanel
Connie W.
Pros
Natural-looking
Light to medium coverage
Pleasant fragrance (could be con)
Lightweight
Doesn't make pores look bigger

Cons
Not long wearing
Expensive

Value
$45 for 1 oz / 30 ml

Verdict
Overall: B
This is the second most expensive foundation I have ever tried (the 1st being the Chanel Perfection Lumiere), and I have to say I'm mildly disappointed after MissGlamorazzi on Youtube said this is a "second layer of perfect skin."
Granted, I have a lot of scars from past acne spots, but I found that the best way to work with this foundation is using a slightly dewy moisturizer, because the foundation might settle in some parts of your skin that's dry. However, as the day goes on and oil starts seeping through my skin, the foundation kind of "breaks" and you can see your original skin peeking through. If you powder it's not as bad depending on what powder you use. You can also add primers and use setting sprays to your liking, but as a lazy person I want something that'll just work, esp since this was so expensive. The best way to apply this is with your fingers since it dries kind of fast, I've tried it once with a brush and didn't like it.
As you can tell from the picture, it did diminish the redness quite a bit, but it also accentuated the dry flakes on my skin.
If you're still interested in this foundation, I recommend getting a sample before getting it, especially considering its price. I would say for acne scarred skin like mine... There are better foundations and BB creams out there that will cover more.
Julie T.
I like this foundation. It's not great, but I like it. The first couple hours of wear are gorgeous. Very natural looking but make your face look like porcelain. It isn't full coverage but definitely light-medium, build able coverage.

After a few hours the foundation starts to separate and become greasy. Definitely not long lasting and would not hold up with sweat and heat.

I have dry skin and while it didn't look horrible around my dry patches, it did cling to them a bit. It also has a pretty strong fragrance which I didn't mind too much, but if you have sensitive skin, you won't like it.

The packaging isn't great either. It's impossible to see how much you have left and once you get near the end of the bottle, it's a pain to squeeze some product out. However, I did like the packaging more than bottles without pumps.

Although I liked the look of the foundation, I definitely won't be buying it again, especially considering the price. People who might like this more are those with normal skin with not much to cover and who do not live in excessively hot places.
Desiree G.
Surprise, AZ
My holy grail of foundation; seriously, this foundation is amazing! It's light so it doesn't really feel like you're wearing anything on your face, and it's a light coverage that could be buildable. It does give a "glowy" look, but you can put setting powder over it to just give a healthy complexion (I have combo skin if that helps give an idea). I also LOVE the smell of it; it's a light rose scent. You do have to shake it up a lot before squeezing any out, but it blends nicely. I usually will apply it with my fingertips when it's really hot or humid during the summer (and use a light dusting of setting powder), or by using a flat brush (gives a beautiful application/finish). It also lasts almost all day for me (about 8-10hours), and does not oxidize at all. I usually have to buy a bottle twice a year, so shelf life seems to be on the longer side for me.
Andrea O.
Es la base más ligera que he probado hasta ahorita (incluso se siente más ligera que las BB Cream). Ser una base ligera es algo que Chanel promete en su empaque lo cual cumple bastante bien.
Tiene protección solar SPF 15! Para ser tan ligera no parece que tenga protector solar… Algo muy importante que no debes olvidar aplicar a tu piel, pero si se te olvida como a mi una base liquida que tenga esta protección es la mejor opción. Perfecciona la piel, esta base deja que tu piel se vea atraves de ella perfeccionándola. No te tapa los poros de maquillaje como muchas bases lo hacen.
Yo tengo la piel grasa y esta base Chanel Vitalumiére Aqua es base agua, puedes ser para cualquier tipo de piel, pero mientras la estuve usando me controló muy bien los excesos de grasa en la cara.
K V.
I received a sample from Nordstrom with a recent purchase and after using the sample, I went and purchased the full sized product. I have a difficult time finding foundations I like for my skin. This has a very natural finish that is lightweight but is also buildable to full coverage. I have oily, blemish prone skin and typically, I use a drugstore BB cream foundation to help control breakouts and cake face. This product looks beautiful on the skin and other cream and powder products such as my Lorac contour kit and Armani bronzers blend flawlessly. It's worth every penny. High end products really make all the difference in the world when it comes to cosmetics.
Daniela G.
I just bought this a few days ago and it got shipped supper fast I tride it on and it gave me full coverage. It also has impacted my skin in a bad way, I haven't brwaked out while using this product. It is perfect for my skin and it mathes my tone very well. It came in a great quality. I love it so much it makes me feel beautiful and more confident. I am happy leaving my house knowing that my makeup is on point I love this pruduct so much. Sorry for repeating that I love ot but I really do this is my opinion on it I hope it helps you make a right decision for your skin once again I love this product.
Nicole K.
Toms River, NJ
Ok, this is a tough review for me. Let's start with the finish of this foundation is so skin like and beautiful. The coverage in my opinion is more on the light to medium side. It builds up fairly well. The shade selection is good. The lightest shade in the range matched my very pale skin well. Now onto the bad. This foundation just does not last on my skin. Within a few hours, I feel like this foundation has all but dissappeared. This is an expensive foundation. For the price tag I do feel the foundation should perform better when it comes to wear time. I did return mine.
Julia H.
Downers Grove, IL
LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!!!! Its so light and you don't even feel like you have any on which is amazing and looks more natural! I'm not a big fan of foundation but once I decided to try it I found my perfect fit because I have tried others that are so heavy and thick and makes me look like I have a cake face and its just gross. But this one is perfect it literally is like water so light and thin but with great coverage!! don't ever think I will use a different foundation!!!! Recommend to EVERYONE!!!!!
Jaclyn G.
I really wanted to love this foundation and I was so happy to treat myself to it but I didn't care for it at all. It was a total bust for me! There was little to no coverage, more like a tinted moisturizer which leads me to my next con being that it made my oily skin very greasy while wearing it. The foundation slid on my t zone leaving patches of complete bare skin even with the setting powder. It's not worth the money in my honest opinion and if you have oily skin or like more coverage-skip this one.
Brittany V.
burnaby, BC
Great for normal to combo skin, dries down to a natural finish. Light to medium coverage, buildable. Very watery consistency, takes a bit of getting used to. I love the finish, very natural. Colour match is great for me, but limited selection in this range.

Avoid if you have very dry skin, super important to moisturize before use. There is alcohol in this foundation, that's why it's able to dry down so easily... so I most likely won't repurchase. Products with alcohol are not great for you skin.
Kristen R.
Schenectady, NY
Is this a full coverage liquid foundation? Do other products blend well with it?
Kelyn G.
Stephenville, TX
Is this worth spending this much money? I feel like I might be able to find something that works just as well at Walmart or Ulta and it would probably cost less than half as much. I am totally okay with making the investment but only if it is a truly high quality product.
Nicolette A.
Is this product worth the price?
Michelle Z.
Toronto , ON
I currently use Chanel's foundation, but it's kind of expensive and I feel like there is better products out there, I don't explore foundation like I do other products bc I normally don't need it..what's a recommended foundation for normal coverage? I heard the new tart one is good?
Kyra S.
How's the coverage on this? Is it too greasy for semi-oily skin?