BY CHANEL #87 in Fragrance for Her

The now and forever fragrance. The ultimate in femininity. An elegant, luxurious spray closest in strength and character to the parfum form. The sleek, portable signature bottle is perfect for the dressing table or travel. Available in a 1.2 oz. size, presented in a sleek flacon. The Classic Bottle is not available in this size.

Buy on Chanel
Joan I.
Joan I.
Initially, whenever I hear of Chanel No 5 from my lola, I get prejudicial about my lola’s taste in fragrance. I tell her Chanel No 5 is for old people and smells awfully strong. But the truth is, I never even sniffed or whiffed that perfume before. Only in stories. After browsing around Rustan’s Essences in Shangri-la Mall (Shaw) for a new signature scent (My old favorite: Narcisso Rodriguez EDP) I finally got the courage to try Chanel perfumes.
I sprayed on my wrist.
*sniff sniff*
Surprise! It smells like a combinatation of baby powder, flowers, mild sweetness and sophistication.
But why?

As I always say, perfume pulses a different fragrance, depending on you skin chemistry so ALWAYS TEST! (An original tester! Lots of fakes everywhere). I resent the labeling of No. 5 as “Old Lady” perfume. I had heard it labeled as such for most of my life, that I assumed it was true. No modern woman of my generation would wear such.

Not every woman is fit for this perfume, and it definitely has a sense of maturity to it. This woman was the right fit, always elegant, not vain or slovenly, she had what was truly grace. She always had men around her because they realized that she was of an uncommon stock and refinement.
If so many “old ladies” wear this perfume, I imagine it is because they realize the raw potential it has, its ineffable force that can ensnare a man’s soul like mine was so effortlessly. 50 years from now, when I am old and gray, I know that this scent will still captivate me, returning me to that moment, if only for an instant. For the special type of woman who is like that, than this is the perfume for you.
Diana M.
Diana M.
There are different versions of the Chanel No.5 perfume, and this review is specifically about the classic EAU DE PARFUM version. I smelled all versions in the shop. Only this one captured me.
The smell to me is feminine, classic, elegant and clean at the same time. To some people, it might be too "old school" (Smell is a highly individualistic thing. It really depends on what you like.).

The smell of this perfume reminds me of a lady, not just someone with a mild mannerism, but also someone with independent thoughts and have had adventurous endeavors in her life. (Think about Madame Coco Chanel duh.)
Geraldine K.
Geraldine K.
Glen Ellyn, IL
The first time I smelled this I hated it. I thought it smelled like a port o potty. I retested this fragrance in Sephora, well actually I tried the Eau Premiere and I fell in love. I bought the no. 5 lotion and layered it with the no 5 eau premiere. eventually, I just HAD to get the original no 5 and I wear this every day. it is the best scent, it smells so clean and good and it smells even better layered with the lotion. i recommend trying this on yourself vs. just spraying it on a tester because it dries down different on everybody!
Lori M.
Lori M.
Lake Placid, FL
My most favorite scent of life. I hated this scent when I was younger, but something changed down the road, and I have been madly in love with it for over 15 years. My signature scent..I may try others, but I always come home to Coco. Incredible lasting power, I can smell it on my skin even after showering. Not for the faint of heart or those who prefer timid scents. Coco is the only perfume I wear where I am repeatedly stopped in public with compliments or questions on what I am wearing. Coco is my perfume soulmate.
Hannah H.
Hannah H.
Plainfield, IL
It's a not too strong parfum with an amazing scent. Personally I love it and it's packaging as I use it as a memorabilia from the Gossip Girl Series. Afterall, it is Blair Waldorf's favorite parfum. However, whenever I wear it someone always seems to say that I smell like sunscreen or bugspray. I don't let it get to me because I love the scent and I usually retort saying "Oh don't you just love how it reminds you of summer?" No one bashes the Blair Waldorf parfum.
Melisa C.
Melisa C.
Grandin , FL
I love the classic scent of Chanel No. 5 and it's the only Parfum I buy now. I wear it for special occasions mostly because the fragrance enhances my sophisticated attitude. This always makes the celebration more "dear diary" memorable. I received Chanel No. 5 as a gift when I was younger and vowed to make it the only perfume I'd use when I was older.
Leah T.
Leah T.
West Palm Beach, FL
This fragrance is classic! The first person to complement me on this was my grandmother. She knew what it was before I told her and she said she use to wear it when she was younger. I know I brought back good memories for her with this scent. Unfortunately my bottle was stolen, at 95 dollars an ounce I still have not recovered from this loss OUCH!
Cinthya S.
Cinthya S.
Santa Ana, CA
If I could give it 10 stars I would...love this classic fragrance. The first time I got it as a birthday present from my sister & have been using it for years now. You can find it at Macy's and any other big department store. There's nothing more classic than Chanel No. 5 in my opinion. Love the scent, makes me feel pretty when I put it on lol =)
Victoria C.
Victoria C.
Martin, KY
I love this perfume! The first time I ever used it was when my grandmother bought my mother a bottle for Christmas. I begged her to give it to me and of course she wouldn't lol but she ended up buying me a bottle for my birthday. It's such a classic fragrance that will never go out of style. Anytime I wear it, I get so many compliments!
Jackie B.
Jackie B.
Valparaiso, IN
Personally, I have always been in love with Chanel No. 5 because I love bold and floral scents every once in a while. However, if you're a fan of body mists and lighter scents, I do not recommend this. Chanel No. 5 is strong, so you only need one spray. I love it because the smell stays on all day and the bottle lasts for a long time!
Deidre O.
Deidre O.
Irvington, NJ
Is this really the best perfume on earth ?? lol I know it's a classic
Flávia F.
Flávia F.
Leesburg, VA
I always want to try but I'm afraid. Is really good?
Thaís G.
Thaís G.
Itapecerica da serra , São Paulo
Hi, I've been looking for a new perfume just to change a little bit, would you recommend this one? How it smells like? I like perfumes not too strongs, flower smells, wood.. Can you kind of try to describe It to me, please?
Lurlyn Mae C.
Lurlyn Mae C.
Will this make me smell like a grandma? What are the notes on this perfume?
Elida A.
Elida A.
Crosby, TX
I have been wanting to buy the Chanel perfumé, would you recommend it ? Does the fragrance last long?