BY CHANEL #38 in Fragrance for Her

The now and forever fragrance. The ultimate in femininity. An elegant, luxurious spray closest in strength and character to the parfum form. The sleek, portable signature bottle is perfect for the dressing table or travel. Available in a 1.2 oz. size, presented in a sleek flacon. The Classic Bottle is not available in this size.

• I always want to try but I'm afraid. Is really good? 4 Answers
  • is this appropriate for early 30's age?3 Answers
  • I have heard great things about Chanel No.5 but I am wondering if...1 Answers
Buy on Neiman ...*
Charlotte E.
Chanel No. 5 Eau de Parfum is the first perfume I ever learned to recognize; it would waft off my mother when she'd come home from a party, ghe opera, or a date with my father as she'd lean down to kiss me goodnight, her silk scarf brushing against me, her pearls glinting in the dark. No. 5 represents to me the timeless glamour of my mother, the mysterious, entrancing late-night world of grown-ups.

These perceptions, however, aren't drawn purely out of my memory; if they were I'd likely shy away from the scent, over-concious of imitating my mother. No, what I, my mother, and thousands of other women have realized is that the musk-rich, sweet-but-not-floral scent of No. 5 is iconic for a reason: the scent is timeless and glamorous and evokes from our collective memories--the millions of us who have known women who grace themselves with this perfume--images of luxury, class and glamour as if the Jazz Age itself had traveled through the ages alongside its most famous perfume. It is a dynamic and luxurious perfume that lends it's dyanmism and glamour to every woman.

A rich, adult, evening scent, Chanel No. 5 Eau de Parfum will last all night and is most appropriate for formal or evening events. If the Eau the Parfum is too intense for you, try the toilette or lotion; try the Parfum for scent that lasts all day and night. This is a woman's scent and I would not recommend it for younger girls.

Some final notes: this is an expensive perfume, but one that is worth it evert time. If you're concerned, a little of this distinctive scent goes a long way. And in regards to the packaging: It's not ornate, but it does need to be. The Chanel No. 5 bottle is an icon in itself, as indicated by being the subject of some of Andy Warhol's art.
Laurie M.
One of my favorites! I love the smell and the fact that a little goes a long way. Price is great and on par with most other perfumes in its class. The bottle display is classic and easy to use. This is an amazing and definitely recognizable perfume and one at the top of its class. I love most of the Chanel perfumes depending on time of year and how heavy I want the scent to be. Would recommend to anyone looking for a new perfume!
ally k.
Collinsville
This perfume is my absolute favorite! it is perfect for a subtle fragrance but also for a night out! it has a powdery kind of scent. it is a bit expensive because you are paying for for the brand but I will always be a fan! love the bottle too!
Marcella S.
Pittsburgh, PA
I was so glad to receive a Macy’s gift card as holiday gift about 5 years ago. I couldn’t figure out what to buy, then the idea came to me. CHANEL! I got a bottle of No. 5 and I use it sparingly! It is the best smelling perfume on the market.
alexandra E.
Waterbury , CT
I recently got this perfume as a gift from my mother and Let me tell you I’m obsessed. The smells it’s so soft and soothing yet potent enough that people have asked me what perfume that is. And I proudly say changes no 5
Tricia A.
Roseville, CA
I cannot imagine life without Chanel Number 5 most amazing perfume ever of course you can get it at any of the wonderful stores like Nordstrom's JCPenney's who we absolutely love it is a little bit more expensive but it's worth it a little bit goes a long way
Cierra C.
Archbald
I used this perfume for about three years. I loved it, but it’s expensive. I usually buy it with my Christmas money. :) The scent is classic Chanel & makes me feel sophisticated.
Tami R.
This is the only perfum I have been using for the past 20 years and no regrets about it. It makes me feel sexy and elegant. Its scent is delicious. There is no other like Chanel 5
kyra w.
i don't like using perfume that much because my skin is sensitive and most of the times they're too strong but i love this one because it spells like baby powder
dawn m.
My mother’s favorite so it became mine. As soon as I was able to afford it I got it. It’s just a classic classy grown up scent and doesn’t scream cute or unicorn but a grown woman. I actually need to get a new bottle. Would recommend for those who tire of smelling like candy
Deidre O.
Irvington, NJ
Is this really the best perfume on earth ?? lol I know it's a classic
Flávia F.
Manassas Park, VA
I always want to try but I'm afraid. Is really good?
Lurlyn Mae C.
Will this make me smell like a grandma? What are the notes on this perfume?
jasmin m.
Warner Robins, GA
is this appropriate for early 30's age?
Elida A.
Crosby, TX
I have been wanting to buy the Chanel perfumé, would you recommend it ? Does the fragrance last long?