BY CHANEL

N°5, the very essence of femininity.
The eau de toilette is a vibrant echo of the floral bouquet launched by Gabrielle Chanel in 1921. A warm and bright version of the original fragrance, housed in a spray with a black lacquered cap.

Olfactory Atmosphere:

The fullness of a magnificent floral accord.
Powerful top notes, dominated by Ylang-Ylang and Neroli, are exalted by aldehydes. The alchemy of Vanilla, Vetiver and Sandalwood create a warm and vibrant trail.

Inspiration:

In 1921, Gabrielle Chanel asked Ernest Beaux to create "a woman's perfume with a woman's scent" , rare and powerful. The nose presented her with a visionary composition that made unprecedented use of aldehydes. Mademoiselle chose the fifth sample of the fragrance, and decided to name it simply N°5. In 1924, she launched the N°5 eau de toilette.

Art Of Perfuming:

The eau de toilette comes in a spray format for more generous use, with smooth and supple application on skin or clothing.

To revive the notes of the fragrance throughout the day, the spray comes in a practical travel format you can slip into your purse and take with you anywhere. A complete perfuming ritual for the bath and body is available to enhance the scent trail of the fragrance.

• I have been interested in this fragrance. How much was it?1 Answers
  • Is this a long-lasting perfume? Should I get the perfume ...1 Answers
  • Looking into purchasing this perfume! Any inputs on the ...1 Answers
Relina L.
Reno, NV
all time hands down the best perfume. This is such a classic, you always hear about it in movies lol. But this is such a elegant woman perfume very classy and always turning heads. This is pretty pricey and ive never seen any chanel perfumes go on sale. This perfume is pretty much only sold at big department stores.
livvy.living f.
beachwood, OH
I was going to give this a one star review because I personally hate the smell of this fragrance despite the fact that I adore Chanel is a brand it’s my all-time favorite brand of all time… But I decided to give it three stars anyway even though I hate it just because I know it’s the best selling fragrance of all time across the world so that deserve some respect

oh and even though this reviews already long enough for me to submit… I figured I’d include a story about this fragrance that I really enjoyed learning while I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue and National rep came… She told us that the way that Chanel number five came to be was because Coco Chanel herself was a Leo which I guess is the fifth star sign from the sun so five was her lucky number, and on the day she went to pick her perfume she didn’t smell a single one… Instead She chose the fifth one in the lineup pointed to it and said that’s the one and then left. Just goes to show what a wondrous, genius, prodigy this amazing woman was! (not to mention it gives credibility to astrology and lucky numbers which i personally am very much into 😂)
Danielle B.
This is my signature scent because it is the only thing I want to smell like.  It's such a classic, beautiful, sexy scent that makes me feel more comfortable in my own skin.  I get compliments on this scent all the time.  It feels so luxurious, I will be wearing this scent for years to come.
Katharyn H.
Hickory, NC
Classic!  What can  I say! I great scent to have on hand for special occasions!  Light enough.....but still noticeable!  My mom introduced me to Chanel No5 when I was younger....so glad she did!
Gladine M.
Grand Rapids , MI
Purchased at: Macy's
This has been around forever and i have and always will love it. I’ve worn it off and on for many many years it’s a number one in my book and many other people. It has a sophisticated fragrance it’s soft but a little bit of a floral i love it, it makes you feel pretty.
Bianca K.
Philadelphia
Purchased at: Macy's
An absolute classic! It was Marilyn Monroes signature scent, I-MUST-HAVE-IT ! I have it, I want to love it and I mean love love it but I just don’t it’s a little too much for me personally, but it smells great .. just very strong
Andreina F.
You can’t go wrong with this perfume for a special occasion it’s extremely long lasting bought it at duty free in the airport has a nice bottle it’s kinda normal nothing too fancy will buy again for sure
Ga S.
Mc Kees Rocks, PA
Purchased at: Nordstrom
My favorite scent of all time. Wear it with anything. To work a baseball game the met ball! It’s great! It’s not over powering but you don’t gotta keep spraying it throughout the day. Its a classic
Betsy S.
Classic fragrance with a warm scent. A little goes a long way. Price runs a little more than some other fragrances but highly concentrated which adds to value and price.
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
I chose the edt over edp for my first purchase. I will probably end up getting both eventually.. maybe even the parfum! I find that the edt lasts just a little longer on my skin over edp strangely enough. It's also got a little bit more complex smell to me as well. It's not at all what I had expected. Not grandma in my opinion either! It's a soft powdery, floral scent. Once it dries down it's kindof sweet, but not in a sickly candy sense. It's still got powder fresh scent through the day but it does sit close to the skin, so you're not going to have monster sillage with this. It's something for you to enjoy, and the people who are going to be sitting close or hugging you. The edp isn't necessarily any better with projection either. It's just alot more powdery, and has a bit more vanilla in the dry down. Both definatley wearable anytime of the day, for me I just found that I can sniff out the different notes in the edt easier. Such a lovely elegant perfume. I honestly don't have to be in any particular mood either to wear this like I do with some. It's just so easy going and fresh. Like you just took a shower. So so many perfumes give me migraines almost instantly I'll know if I can handle a perfume. This one is so lovely I sware it can get rid of my headaches! I'm actually finding a deep love for Chanel, as most are not overpowering and do not trigger a headache for me. They have alot of the same notes and just mix so well with my skin chemistry! Definatley a classic and I'm so glad to have it in my collection!! You must spray it on and let it settle to smell the dry down. You'll love it, don't judge it from the bottle! (Although I love it like that too!)
Melissa S.
Phoenix, AZ
How were you first introduced to this classic fragrance?
Stephanie A.
Rch Cucamonga, CA
Why do people say this scent is overated?
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
Does it smell pretty.. Fruity?
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
Does it smell good to you? What does it smell like? What is a spray you like better? Does this last long? Is it strong? Fruity or musky?
Polly M.
Toronto, On
Looking into purchasing this perfume! Any inputs on the product?

Bergdorf Goodman

Bergdorf Goodman was opened in another window. If you made a purchase CashBack will be automatically added to your Ebates account tomorrow.