BY CHANEL

N°5, the very essence of femininity.
A powdery floral bouquet housed in an iconic bottle with a minimalist design. A timeless, legendary fragrance.

Olfactory Atmosphere:

The eau de parfum draws inspiration from the parfum with which it shares its floral aldehyde signature. This floral bouquet composed around May Rose and Jasmine features bright citrus top notes. Aldehydes create a unique presence, and the smooth touch of Vanilla an incredibly sensual trail.

Inspiration:

In 1921, Gabrielle Chanel asked Ernest Beaux to create "a woman's perfume with a woman's scent", rare and powerful. The nose presented her with a visionary composition that made unprecedented use of aldehydes. Mademoiselle chose the fifth sample of the fragrance, and decided to name it simply N°5. For this new fragrance, she opted for a bottle with a revolutionary design, adorned with a white label and topped with a faceted cabochon. In 1986, Jacques Polge, the CHANEL nose since 1978, reinterpreted his predecessor's composition to create a fuller version of N°5: the eau de parfum.

Art Of Perfuming:

The eau de parfum comes in a spray for smooth and supple application on skin or clothing.
To revive the notes of the fragrance throughout the day, the spray comes in a practical travel format you can slip into your purse and take with you anywhere.
A complete perfuming ritual for the bath and body is also available to enhance the scent trail of the fragrance.

• I always want to try but I'm afraid. Is really good? 4 Answers
  • CHANEL N°5 Eau De Parfum Spray Any body like this parfum? 😷2 Answers
  • is this appropriate for early 30's age?3 Answers
Buy on Chanel
Megan S.
I love this perfume. It's classy. It can be worn everyday. It is a tad strong, so all you need is a little bit on the pulse points. The bottle looks lovely sitting on my vanity. I don't know how else to describe it, in regards to the scent, you just need to go to the store and smell it yourself.
Emina M.
Pinellas Park, FL
I save this for events and date nights. It can be overpowering so a little goes a long way. But my boyfriend enjoys this scent and says it smells classy. It is extremely fragrant so I only wear it on special occasions. Price is hefty but this is Chanel so I cannot complain. You're paying for the name.
C'estMartine K.
Drexel Hill, PA
Chanel #5 was the first experience of expensive perfume that I purchase with my own money. Chanel’s note is woody, powdery, floral, citrus and musk. Once you buy and wear it you will know the distinct scent. I usually where it on special occasions or when I’m feeling good.
dawn m.
My mother’s favorite so it became mine. As soon as I was able to afford it I got it. It’s just a classic classy grown up scent and doesn’t scream cute or unicorn but a grown woman. I actually need to get a new bottle. Would recommend for those who tire of smelling like candy
Yaritza F.
Boston
This perfume has a strong scent. Although I love my grandma, it reminds me of her strong over powering perfumes. It is not soft or delicate. It smells like costume makeup, it’s the only thing I can compare it to. If you like strong smelling perfumes this is for you.
Sarah M.
Chanel No. 5 is my favorite perfume i have ever owned. I received it as a gift and I use it for special occasions. It is such a classy smell and is very long lasting. I get compliments on how good I smell all of the time. I would definitely buy it again and maybe try other Chanel fragrances.
Melissa G.
New Jersey
This bottle of perfume holds so many memories that I can't help but be biased when rating this. It has an older smell to it but I would definitely keep this just for my Chanel perfume collection that I am failing at growing! But still, a classic!
Toni S.
Chandler, AZ
I love this fragrance and use it every single day since I bought it at Macy's! I buy it all the time and I love the really sweet, flowery smell! I recommend it to all my friends (even though it's a little pricy).
Kay W.
Milwaukee, WI
You only need one or two sprays to last all day. I washed a sweater and the scent was still in it. My bottle has lasted me nearly a year. I also like that the scent is unique and bold.
Elizabeth C.
Knightdale, NC
I always have this in stock right in my basket of other perfumes I enjoy. I have been using this since the 90's and it is timeless! It goes great day or night. One of the best!
Deidre O.
Irvington, NJ
Is this really the best perfume on earth ?? lol I know it's a classic
Flávia F.
Manassas Park, VA
I always want to try but I'm afraid. Is really good?
jasmin m.
warner robins, GA
is this appropriate for early 30's age?
NZ5114634 Emma N.
Portland, OR
I have heard great things about Chanel No.5 but I am wondering if it is worth the hype and the money?
Jakia H.
Greeleyville , SC
I love the design and color but does it smell as good as it looks?