BY CHANEL

N°5, the very essence of femininity.
A powdery floral bouquet housed in an iconic bottle with a minimalist design. A timeless, legendary fragrance.

Olfactory Atmosphere:

The eau de parfum draws inspiration from the parfum with which it shares its floral aldehyde signature. This floral bouquet composed around May Rose and Jasmine features bright citrus top notes. Aldehydes create a unique presence, and the smooth touch of Vanilla an incredibly sensual trail.

Inspiration:

In 1921, Gabrielle Chanel asked Ernest Beaux to create "a woman's perfume with a woman's scent", rare and powerful. The nose presented her with a visionary composition that made unprecedented use of aldehydes. Mademoiselle chose the fifth sample of the fragrance, and decided to name it simply N°5. For this new fragrance, she opted for a bottle with a revolutionary design, adorned with a white label and topped with a faceted cabochon. In 1986, Jacques Polge, the CHANEL nose since 1978, reinterpreted his predecessor's composition to create a fuller version of N°5: the eau de parfum.

Art Of Perfuming:

The eau de parfum comes in a spray for smooth and supple application on skin or clothing.
To revive the notes of the fragrance throughout the day, the spray comes in a practical travel format you can slip into your purse and take with you anywhere.
A complete perfuming ritual for the bath and body is also available to enhance the scent trail of the fragrance.

• I always want to try but I'm afraid. Is really good? 4 Answers
  • CHANEL N°5 Eau De Parfum Spray Any body like this parfum? 😷2 Answers
  • is this appropriate for early 30's age?3 Answers
Buy on Chanel
Shellian S.
Virginia Bch, VA
This new Chanel No. 5 is so mild and sexy, the scent is powdery and floral at the same time. It is my first time using and I will be using it more often as of now, I got this as a gift and I think it is one of the best gift I got so far. There is always room for improvement, personally I think the 1.2 oz could  sold a little cheaper. Would recommend this product.
Joan I.
Initially, whenever I hear of Chanel No 5 from my lola, I get prejudicial about my lola’s taste in fragrance. I tell her Chanel No 5 is for old people and smells awfully strong. But the truth is, I never even sniffed or whiffed that perfume before. Only in stories. After browsing around Rustan’s Essences in Shangri-la Mall (Shaw) for a new signature scent (My old favorite: Narcisso Rodriguez EDP) I finally got the courage to try Chanel perfumes.
I sprayed on my wrist.
*sniff sniff*
Surprise! It smells like a combinatation of baby powder, flowers, mild sweetness and sophistication.
But why?

As I always say, perfume pulses a different fragrance, depending on you skin chemistry so ALWAYS TEST! (An original tester! Lots of fakes everywhere). I resent the labeling of No. 5 as “Old Lady” perfume. I had heard it labeled as such for most of my life, that I assumed it was true. No modern woman of my generation would wear such.

Not every woman is fit for this perfume, and it definitely has a sense of maturity to it. This woman was the right fit, always elegant, not vain or slovenly, she had what was truly grace. She always had men around her because they realized that she was of an uncommon stock and refinement.
If so many “old ladies” wear this perfume, I imagine it is because they realize the raw potential it has, its ineffable force that can ensnare a man’s soul like mine was so effortlessly. 50 years from now, when I am old and gray, I know that this scent will still captivate me, returning me to that moment, if only for an instant. For the special type of woman who is like that, than this is the perfume for you.
caprisun d.
United Stated of America
I'm an oppositional defiant little hipster who really wanted to hate this because of how over-hyped it is... too bad it smells wonderful. It's hyped for a reason- it's sexy/musky overall but also kind of playful because of the fizzy/crisp side of it. It very well may be an old lady perfume, but I don't give a hoot, I feel sexy with it on. If you like musky and powdery fragrances, give this a go, but don't get it for the name alone.
Alexandra E.
Bristol , CT
I recently got this perfume as a gift from my mother and Let me tell you I’m obsessed. The smells it’s so soft and soothing yet potent enough that people have asked me what perfume that is. And I proudly say changes no 5
Kourtney C.
Norman, OK
This is one of my all-time favorite scents! It is such a classic. It smells so clean and fresh. It is extremely long lasting for me and I typically struggle with perfumes not lasting on me. It is very pricey so that it something to consider. You can purchase this from Ulta or Sephora. If you are able to shop on a military base, then I would suggest getting it from the PX.
Tricia A.
Roseville, CA
I cannot imagine life without Chanel Number 5 most amazing perfume ever of course you can get it at any of the wonderful stores like Nordstrom's JCPenney's who we absolutely love it is a little bit more expensive but it's worth it a little bit goes a long way
Andrea P.
Davie, FL
I am in love with this scent. not only does it smell amazing, it lasts for a long time. I have only bought one bottle a while ago because it is so expensive. I think the perfect is great, too bad it is overpriced. I would buy it again, if I can't find a cheaper alternative. I recommend this product to those who like classy perfume scents.
Valerie S.
St Petersburg, FL
This scent is very musky and strong. A little goes a long way! I wear this one for special, elegant nighttime events. I would not recommend for daytime wear. It has great staying power but it needs to be the right ambiance for the scent to make sense.
Makeupbyikkay A.
Minneapolis
So I get this as gift and I started using it . It has strong scents which if you like and it comes with cool bottle of gold . I went and get second one at Sephora I would recommend to get it from Sephora if it’s your first time buying it because if you don’t like it you can return it and get something else.
Ashley J.
Can not say too many words about how wonderful this fragrance is!!! I normally do not go for darker and more richer scents but this one is perfect for me! Very pricey but long lasting and has a perfect classy scent you can wear all year long!
Deidre O.
Irvington, NJ
Is this really the best perfume on earth ?? lol I know it's a classic
Flávia F.
Manassas Park, VA
I always want to try but I'm afraid. Is really good?
jasmin m.
warner robins, GA
is this appropriate for early 30's age?
NZ5114634 Emma N.
Portland, OR
I have heard great things about Chanel No.5 but I am wondering if it is worth the hype and the money?
Jakia H.
Greeleyville , SC
I love the design and color but does it smell as good as it looks?