BY CHANEL

N°5, the very essence of femininity.
A powdery floral bouquet housed in an iconic bottle with a minimalist design. A timeless, legendary fragrance.

Olfactory Atmosphere:

The eau de parfum draws inspiration from the parfum with which it shares its floral aldehyde signature. This floral bouquet composed around May Rose and Jasmine features bright citrus top notes. Aldehydes create a unique presence, and the smooth touch of Vanilla an incredibly sensual trail.

Inspiration:

In 1921, Gabrielle Chanel asked Ernest Beaux to create "a woman's perfume with a woman's scent", rare and powerful. The nose presented her with a visionary composition that made unprecedented use of aldehydes. Mademoiselle chose the fifth sample of the fragrance, and decided to name it simply N°5. For this new fragrance, she opted for a bottle with a revolutionary design, adorned with a white label and topped with a faceted cabochon. In 1986, Jacques Polge, the CHANEL nose since 1978, reinterpreted his predecessor's composition to create a fuller version of N°5: the eau de parfum.

Art Of Perfuming:

The eau de parfum comes in a spray for smooth and supple application on skin or clothing.
To revive the notes of the fragrance throughout the day, the spray comes in a practical travel format you can slip into your purse and take with you anywhere.
A complete perfuming ritual for the bath and body is also available to enhance the scent trail of the fragrance.

• I always want to try but I'm afraid. Is really good? 4 Answers
  • CHANEL N°5 Eau De Parfum Spray Any body like this parfum? 😷2 Answers
  • is this appropriate for early 30's age?3 Answers
Buy on Chanel
Marcella S.
Pittsburgh, PA
I was so glad to receive a Macy’s gift card as holiday gift about 5 years ago. I couldn’t figure out what to buy, then the idea came to me. CHANEL! I got a bottle of No. 5 and I use it sparingly! It is the best smelling perfume on the market.
Cheryl W.
Louisa, KY
This is my classic go-to fragrance. I’ve used this for many years and it’s unmistakable. It’s feminine and sophisticated without reminding you of your grandmothers perfume. I love that it’s long wearing and one spritz it all it takes.
Rachel T.
Pooler, GA
My baby have this to me as a Christmas present completely unexpected. Every woman knows Chanel and loves Chanel and this is an amazing fragrance. I wear it on a special occasion or just any day I want to feel
Special. CHANEL N°5 Eau De Parfum Spray
Bonnie L.
This is a very rich and enticing, strong, long lasting scent. I really enjoy wearing this perfume. It is very classy, as are all Chanel perfumes. Its a little more expensive but a little goes a long ways. You can buy this perfume at stores like Macys, Nordstroms, etc.
Jessalyn R.
Brooklyn, NY
I am a huge fan of this classic perfume. I love a musky perfume. I think that they are very sexy. I'm not so much for the lighter florals. This reminds me of old Hollywood and gets me in the mood for a night out
Keshia R.
Auburn, AL
Purchased at: Macy's
OBSESSED! OBSESSED! OBSESSED! OBSESSED! OBSESSED! OBSESSED! OBSESSED! OBSESSED! OBSESSED! OBSESSED! OBSESSED! OBSESSED! OBSESSED! OBSESSED! OBSESSED! OBSESSED! OBSESSED! Seriously..... you need this!
Tami R.
This is the only perfum I have been using for the past 20 years and no regrets about it. It makes me feel sexy and elegant. Its scent is delicious. There is no other like Chanel 5
Beverly E.
Chanel No. 5 Eau de Parfum
I understand why the Parfum has been around so long it's truly timeless,  I have been using it for 20+ years and I hope It will be around forever. This perfume stays with you most of the day and I always get tons of compliments when I wear it. I'd have to say it is my all time favorite sent.
This Chanel No.5  is very feminine without being floral it rides the line between floral and musk perfectly.It smells clean without smelling like soap, it smells like you to a long leasurly bath and then walked through the wood naked mmmm. If I could give this 10 stars I would you cant beat the original No.5 hands down the best long lived through time perfum.  I think it smells a little Diffrent on everybody and I LOVE it smells. I'd say go out and buy this , it will smell wonderful and last most of the day.
Jennifer E.
Not one of my favorite perfumes, but its on my list!! It smells so good, and I would recommend it for someone that wants a mature woman smell. It smells like a mixture of flowers. A little goes a long way with this perfume, and it lasts the whole day. If you would like for it to last a little longer, I would recommend putting a bit of vaseline on your pressure points and spraying the perfume on top of it. No cons for this perfume. Will be purchasing again. CHANEL N°5 Eau De Parfum Spray
Bailey F.
Reedley
My all-time favorite perfume! Growing up i always heard references to women smelling like cigarettes and chanel. Im not sure why that stuck with me, maybe because i was born in the wrong era. So upon adulthood, i knew i needed to own a bottle. I wore it everyday until my husband dropped it and broke the top off. I will definitely repurchase asap. It has such a beautiful, classy scent. And as an amateur collector, its a must have for my collection.
Deidre O.
Irvington, NJ
Is this really the best perfume on earth ?? lol I know it's a classic
Flávia F.
Manassas Park, VA
I always want to try but I'm afraid. Is really good?
jasmin m.
warner robins, GA
is this appropriate for early 30's age?
NZ5114634 Emma N.
Portland, OR
I have heard great things about Chanel No.5 but I am wondering if it is worth the hype and the money?
Jakia H.
Greeleyville , SC
I love the design and color but does it smell as good as it looks?