BY CHANEL

N°5, the very essence of femininity.
A powdery floral bouquet housed in an iconic bottle with a minimalist design. A timeless, legendary fragrance.

Olfactory Atmosphere:

The eau de parfum draws inspiration from the parfum with which it shares its floral aldehyde signature. This floral bouquet composed around May Rose and Jasmine features bright citrus top notes. Aldehydes create a unique presence, and the smooth touch of Vanilla an incredibly sensual trail.

Inspiration:

In 1921, Gabrielle Chanel asked Ernest Beaux to create "a woman's perfume with a woman's scent", rare and powerful. The nose presented her with a visionary composition that made unprecedented use of aldehydes. Mademoiselle chose the fifth sample of the fragrance, and decided to name it simply N°5. For this new fragrance, she opted for a bottle with a revolutionary design, adorned with a white label and topped with a faceted cabochon. In 1986, Jacques Polge, the CHANEL nose since 1978, reinterpreted his predecessor's composition to create a fuller version of N°5: the eau de parfum.

Art Of Perfuming:

The eau de parfum comes in a spray for smooth and supple application on skin or clothing.
To revive the notes of the fragrance throughout the day, the spray comes in a practical travel format you can slip into your purse and take with you anywhere.
A complete perfuming ritual for the bath and body is also available to enhance the scent trail of the fragrance.

• I always want to try but I'm afraid. Is really good? 4 Answers
  • CHANEL N°5 Eau De Parfum Spray Any body like this parfum? 😷2 Answers
  • is this appropriate for early 30's age?3 Answers
Buy on Chanel
Joie D.
West Hurley, NY
This is a classic scent which never goes out of style.i stayed away from it for a long time because my mother wore it and I didn't want to smell like an "old lady" but now I find young girls are discovering it.it is elegant but not overpowering and I tend to use it for special occasions or when I want to smell like "old money". Lol
Deyanira G O.
Mount Prospect, IL
Such an amazing gift for someone you love! Long lasting for days! It is more pricey but it is very much worth it! This perfume has a strong scent to it but it is rich once it is sprayed onto anything! It stays on for days and I love it!!
Kaitlyn B.
The scent is such a signature and classic smell. It is on the expensive side and if on a budget would certainly not be a "must have" but once in a while it is a spoil yourself treat and what a treat it is. It is so potent only one or two sprays will last you all day so even though the bottle is small it will last you awhile.
Adriana S.
Bradenton, FL
One of my signature scents. Absolutely wonderful. Always get complimented when I wear it. It is very long lasting on my skin. The bottle is beautiful. I also have a spray on that I use interchangeably. I have been getting it as a gift from my grandmother ever since I turned 16. It really makes you feel feminine and special.
Virginia I.
West Hills, CA
A classic, I bought this for my grandma and she loved it however it doesn't appeal to me personally. I do have to say however, that the older I get the more interested I am in it. Before I didn't like the scent but now I am warming up to it. Chance is more my style but I will be the first to recognize that no. 5 is a classic.
Lasanya M.
This is my FAVORITE fragrance of all time!!! I have gone without wearing any fragrance when I run out of 5. It smells so good and makes me feel good. When you have a fragrance that you really like and enjoy why wear anything else.
Karina C.
Canton, GA
All time favorite fall/winter smell. It reminds me so much of my favorite season. It smells so warm and inviting! whenever I wear this, some people come up and actually recognize the smell. Its such a timeless classic that I love.
Mayra G.
N Las Vegas, NV
I got this perfume as a gift and I love it! First time I had ever tried it and I can honestly say I will most likely be buying again. I love the packaging, it's so cute! I would definitely recommend this perfume it smells amazing!
Jennifer G.
La Puente, CA
I love the aroma
I think this is the best one out of all of them. I actually share a bottle with my mom since she's the one who introduced it to me. Unlike other perfumes I can still smell it after a few hours which is a plus!
Wendy C.
Milwaukee, WI
OOh I love this perfume!!! My grandma used to always wear this,it was her signature scent!!

She gave me a bottle on my 16th b-day (back in the 90's and I loved it) It's a classy scent! on me its a clean,powdery,floral..I've had it in both the EDT & EDP and loved it!
Deidre O.
Irvington, NJ
Is this really the best perfume on earth ?? lol I know it's a classic
Flávia F.
Manassas Park, VA
I always want to try but I'm afraid. Is really good?
jasmin m.
warner robins, GA
is this appropriate for early 30's age?
NZ5114634 Emma N.
Portland, OR
I have heard great things about Chanel No.5 but I am wondering if it is worth the hype and the money?
Jakia H.
Greeleyville , SC
I love the design and color but does it smell as good as it looks?