Charlotte E.
Chanel No. 5 Eau de Parfum is the first perfume I ever learned to recognize; it would waft off my mother when she'd come home from a party, ghe opera, or a date with my father as she'd lean down to kiss me goodnight, her silk scarf brushing against me, her pearls glinting in the dark. No. 5 represents to me the timeless glamour of my mother, the mysterious, entrancing late-night world of grown-ups.

These perceptions, however, aren't drawn purely out of my memory; if they were I'd likely shy away from the scent, over-concious of imitating my mother. No, what I, my mother, and thousands of other women have realized is that the musk-rich, sweet-but-not-floral scent of No. 5 is iconic for a reason: the scent is timeless and glamorous and evokes from our collective memories--the millions of us who have known women who grace themselves with this perfume--images of luxury, class and glamour as if the Jazz Age itself had traveled through the ages alongside its most famous perfume. It is a dynamic and luxurious perfume that lends it's dyanmism and glamour to every woman.

A rich, adult, evening scent, Chanel No. 5 Eau de Parfum will last all night and is most appropriate for formal or evening events. If the Eau the Parfum is too intense for you, try the toilette or lotion; try the Parfum for scent that lasts all day and night. This is a woman's scent and I would not recommend it for younger girls.

Some final notes: this is an expensive perfume, but one that is worth it evert time. If you're concerned, a little of this distinctive scent goes a long way. And in regards to the packaging: It's not ornate, but it does need to be. The Chanel No. 5 bottle is an icon in itself, as indicated by being the subject of some of Andy Warhol's art.