BY CHANEL

N°5, the very essence of femininity.
A powdery floral bouquet housed in an iconic bottle with a minimalist design. A timeless, legendary fragrance.

Olfactory Atmosphere:

The eau de parfum draws inspiration from the parfum with which it shares its floral aldehyde signature. This floral bouquet composed around May Rose and Jasmine features bright citrus top notes. Aldehydes create a unique presence, and the smooth touch of Vanilla an incredibly sensual trail.

Inspiration:

In 1921, Gabrielle Chanel asked Ernest Beaux to create "a woman's perfume with a woman's scent", rare and powerful. The nose presented her with a visionary composition that made unprecedented use of aldehydes. Mademoiselle chose the fifth sample of the fragrance, and decided to name it simply N°5. For this new fragrance, she opted for a bottle with a revolutionary design, adorned with a white label and topped with a faceted cabochon. In 1986, Jacques Polge, the CHANEL nose since 1978, reinterpreted his predecessor's composition to create a fuller version of N°5: the eau de parfum.

Art Of Perfuming:

The eau de parfum comes in a spray for smooth and supple application on skin or clothing.
To revive the notes of the fragrance throughout the day, the spray comes in a practical travel format you can slip into your purse and take with you anywhere.
A complete perfuming ritual for the bath and body is also available to enhance the scent trail of the fragrance.

• I always want to try but I'm afraid. Is really good? 4 Answers
  • CHANEL N°5 Eau De Parfum Spray Any body like this parfum? 😷2 Answers
  • is this appropriate for early 30's age?3 Answers
Buy on Chanel
Gina L.
A little goes a long way! It's a very classic and timeless scent. It's definitely a scent you won't get tired of. The scent is pretty long lasting and nice. I also love the packaging. Would highly recommend to others. The bottle lasts a pretty long time depending on how often you use it.
Laurie M.
One of my favorites! I love the smell and the fact that a little goes a long way. Price is great and on par with most other perfumes in its class. The bottle display is classic and easy to use. This is an amazing and definitely recognizable perfume and one at the top of its class. I love most of the Chanel perfumes depending on time of year and how heavy I want the scent to be. Would recommend to anyone looking for a new perfume!
Crisol F.
Las Vegas, NV
I got this perfume as a gift and I love it so much. I love the smell, it's very different than any other perfume. Great quality, it definetely lasts throughout the day. Also a little does go a long way and that is one of the reasons I love it so much !
Mona J.
The classic grandma perfume. Very strong and flowery — in a bad way. Smells like baby wipes all over a 1970’s flowery couch. The Chanel brand is a timeless classic, so I detest that I do not enjoy this perfume. Thankfully, Chanel has other great scents (Coco Mademoiselle and Chance). When you think perfume, this is the quintessential bottle that comes to mind. The bottle is beautiful, but the smell is certainly not. Our grandmothers deserve to smell better than this! Stay far away.
Emily G.
Middleton
This is an undeniably iconic fragrance...but it’s just not for me. All I smell is baby wipes. It just doesn’t dry down to a nice scent on me. It’s a bit too heavy. The bottle is stunning in its simplicity and elegance.
Stacy C.
My husband bought me this perfume for my birthday and I absolutely love it! It is such an iconic, classic, and timeless fragrance. The scent is elegant, sensual, and long lasting. You can't really go wrong with this... Highly recommend!
kyra w.
i don't like using perfume that much because my skin is sensitive and most of the times they're too strong but i love this one because it spells like baby powder
Charlotte E.
Chanel No. 5 Eau de Parfum is the first perfume I ever learned to recognize; it would waft off my mother when she'd come home from a party, ghe opera, or a date with my father as she'd lean down to kiss me goodnight, her silk scarf brushing against me, her pearls glinting in the dark. No. 5 represents to me the timeless glamour of my mother, the mysterious, entrancing late-night world of grown-ups.

These perceptions, however, aren't drawn purely out of my memory; if they were I'd likely shy away from the scent, over-concious of imitating my mother. No, what I, my mother, and thousands of other women have realized is that the musk-rich, sweet-but-not-floral scent of No. 5 is iconic for a reason: the scent is timeless and glamorous and evokes from our collective memories--the millions of us who have known women who grace themselves with this perfume--images of luxury, class and glamour as if the Jazz Age itself had traveled through the ages alongside its most famous perfume. It is a dynamic and luxurious perfume that lends it's dyanmism and glamour to every woman.

A rich, adult, evening scent, Chanel No. 5 Eau de Parfum will last all night and is most appropriate for formal or evening events. If the Eau the Parfum is too intense for you, try the toilette or lotion; try the Parfum for scent that lasts all day and night. This is a woman's scent and I would not recommend it for younger girls.

Some final notes: this is an expensive perfume, but one that is worth it evert time. If you're concerned, a little of this distinctive scent goes a long way. And in regards to the packaging: It's not ornate, but it does need to be. The Chanel No. 5 bottle is an icon in itself, as indicated by being the subject of some of Andy Warhol's art.
Stephanie M.
Chanel No 5 is a defining classic. Any woman has probably tried on at least, this elixir of magnitude and lasting power. I personally find that my chemistry is not great for this particular aldehyde based perfume, but it is legendary and beautiful on the right woman.
ally k.
ofallon, il
This perfume is my absolute favorite! it is perfect for a subtle fragrance but also for a night out! it has a powdery kind of scent. it is a bit expensive because you are paying for for the brand but I will always be a fan! love the bottle too!
Deidre O.
Irvington, NJ
Is this really the best perfume on earth ?? lol I know it's a classic
Flávia F.
Manassas Park, VA
I always want to try but I'm afraid. Is really good?
jasmin m.
warner robins, GA
is this appropriate for early 30's age?
NZ5114634 Emma N.
Portland, OR
I have heard great things about Chanel No.5 but I am wondering if it is worth the hype and the money?
Jakia H.
Greeleyville , SC
I love the design and color but does it smell as good as it looks?