BY CHANEL

N°5, the very essence of femininity.
A powdery floral bouquet housed in an iconic bottle with a minimalist design. A timeless, legendary fragrance.

Olfactory Atmosphere:

The eau de parfum draws inspiration from the parfum with which it shares its floral aldehyde signature. This floral bouquet composed around May Rose and Jasmine features bright citrus top notes. Aldehydes create a unique presence, and the smooth touch of Vanilla an incredibly sensual trail.

Inspiration:

In 1921, Gabrielle Chanel asked Ernest Beaux to create "a woman's perfume with a woman's scent", rare and powerful. The nose presented her with a visionary composition that made unprecedented use of aldehydes. Mademoiselle chose the fifth sample of the fragrance, and decided to name it simply N°5. For this new fragrance, she opted for a bottle with a revolutionary design, adorned with a white label and topped with a faceted cabochon. In 1986, Jacques Polge, the CHANEL nose since 1978, reinterpreted his predecessor's composition to create a fuller version of N°5: the eau de parfum.

Art Of Perfuming:

The eau de parfum comes in a spray for smooth and supple application on skin or clothing.
To revive the notes of the fragrance throughout the day, the spray comes in a practical travel format you can slip into your purse and take with you anywhere.
A complete perfuming ritual for the bath and body is also available to enhance the scent trail of the fragrance.

Buy on Chanel
Orange-san L.
Richardson
Very fancy and talked about perfume. It has the stereotypical old grandma smell? Very intense and full on, not my style but very elegant (not soft elegant, but respectable elegant?)
Courtney M.
I LOVE PERFUME! A classic that I will always have on hand is Chanel No. 5! It smells so beautiful and clean! I do love many other brands but this perfume is always a huge hit when I where it. I am always complimented when I wear it (not always with my other perfumes). My Mom loved this perfume and would wear it all the time and she would put it on me when I was very little and since then I have been a Chanel No. 5 perfume lover! My Mom wore it every day and got me hooked on it when I was very young!! I love my Mom & Chanel No. 5 - both are very classy!!!
Amanda L.
Etters, PA
I'm not sure about the picture. But this perfume has been around for a while I started using it when my college professor told me to wear it for interviews. It has a soft subtle hint. It doesn't over power your nose and give you or people around you headaches. It last long and has proven the test of time.
Scarlett R.
Owensboro, KY
My mom got this for me last year for my birthday and I absolutely fell in love. I've never had a really expensive perfume if any kind and this lasted me a very long time. I think I still have just a pinch left. Everybody complimented me when u wore it so I know it was noticable. Thank you Chanel.
Hannah C.
Lexington, KY
I recently received the Chanel No. 5 as a gift and I am in love!! The smell is absolutely fabulous and it truly is long lasting! The bottle is classy and simple and does not take away from the scent itself! The price is a little high in comparison, but that's to be expected from a brand like Chanel. I will definitely be purchasing a bottle for myself when this one is out!
Gertrude M.
Well the new No 5 fragrance just isn't the same. I mean, sure, it smells okay, but it is no longer the classic that I love and remember. I have used this scent since I was very young and my mother also used it. I don't think improvement was necessary for a classic like this.
Megan C.
Pflugerville, TX
This is the most beautiful, classic and wonder product ever! I have used Channel for years and will never stop buying my favorite smell. It does not compare to anything! The packaging I great, the smell even better and I always tell my friends to try Channel and that they will never go back to anything else!
Plamen V.
Kalamazoo, MI
Classic signature scent. Unfortunately a lot of people relate the scent of this perfume to old lady smell etc. The smell lingers on clothes for a while which I quite like. This is a must have for any perfume lover(in my opinion). CHANEL N°5 Eau De Parfum Spray
Shakira M.
Winter Park, FL
Where do I begin? Aside from the aesthetic of Chanel No 5 itself?? This fragrance is one I highly recommend. Almost as if it's a rite of passage for every woman to own. The bottle has lasted me nearly a year. Whenever I know I'm going to an event that is lengthy, my go to is Chanel No 5.
Melissa G.
New Jersey
Chanel 5 holds so many memories for me. It's such a classic. Over the years, I've started to like other Chanel perfumes better but it's still nice to always have this around. It does smell a little more older than I prefer. But because of the memories, I do cherish my N5! It lasts a long time and the bottle is just so pretty!
why is the Chanel parfum so expensive?