BeautyNailNail CareChanel
La Base Protective And Smoothing

CHANEL La Base Protective And Smoothing

More than a base, this optimises the application and hold of nail polish, LA BASE makes nails more beautiful. Enriched with argan oil and a Vitamin E derivative, it strengthens brittle and weakened nails, protects them from stress factors and optically corrects yellow spots and imperfections.

How To Use:
. On its own: for a natural manicure and shiny, healthy-looking nails.
. As a base for nail polish: to protect the nails and facilitate nail colour application.

Composition:

. Argan oil
For its nourishing properties.
. Vitamin E
For its protective and antioxidant properties.
. Phycocoral.
To strengthen the nails.
. Silica fills ridges and ensures a perfectly smooth and even surface.

Does Chanel nail polish hold up well?is it worth the money?
Start your review of CHANEL La Base Protective And Smoothing!
How would you rate this product?
Gabrielle B.
Seattle, WA
CHANEL La Base Protective And Smoothing uploaded by Gabrielle B.
Purchased at: Nordstrom
One of my most favourite base polishes. I got it because I thought it would work well with the other CHANEL polishes I have and it definitely does. It helps even out the nail surface so that the polish, whose formula is on the thinner side, has a flat surface. It doesn't have a strong nail smell, it dries almost instantly, and has been doing a great job protecting my nails from going yellow since I almost only wear dark coloured nail polishes. I have used the base coat from other brands but this one does it best for me Again for all CHANEL nail products, while I love the overall packaging, I really cannot love the applicator - it's really small and doesn't spread the Polish right. Other than that, I'd have given this polish a 5/5 stars. In the picture: CHANEL Le Gel Coat Longwear Top Coat ; Long Wear Nail Colour in Bleu Trompeur ; CHANEL La Base Protective And Smoothing
Beth T.
Matawan, NJ
Chanel nail polishes are fantastic. The quality is wonderful: luxe and yet simple to use. Their nail polish base is smooth and silky. It’s application is flawless, it levels well and isn’t streaky. I definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for fabulous nails!
Amanda S.
Plymouth Mtng, PA
CHANEL La Base Protective And Smoothing uploaded by Amanda S.
Purchased at: Bloomingdale's
Obsessed with this. I love when my nails look fresh and clean and this is perfect! It make them the most natural pink color while smoothing and protecting my nails. Sometimes when I take my gel polish off, I put this on for a month or two just to give my nails a break. I always get some many compliments !!!
Zanda R.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Love Chanel nail polishes and especially base coats. Protective and also keeps the nail polish on. A little pricey, but totally worth it. Will repurchase again. My favorite base coat of all times. Recommend. Goes on smooth and easy.
Marie-Vonne  S.
CHANEL La Base Protective And Smoothing uploaded by Marie-Vonne  S.
This is the base coat I've stuck to for the past two years and will continue to use. With a smoothing formula, it also protects nails and can be worn alone as it leaves a light blush finish. It prepares nails for nail polish and helps it last longer as well.
Cheryl W.
I would give this ten stars if I could! I’ve tried so many nail base products and none have performed as great as this one. Yes, it’s more expensive but it lasts so long because it goes a very long way and it WORKS! My nails have natural ridges in them that was always emphasized when wearing polish but this base completely eliminates them and my polish always turns out perfectly smooth and beautiful. I even wear it alone when I feel like going natural. It’s the only one I use and I always have a backup as to never run out.
Manar A.
Ashland, OR
CHANEL La Base Protective And Smoothing uploaded by Manar A.
I use only Chanel nail long lasting stay 10 days even when I cook and washing 😜 color always fresh like just I did my nail .
Emily J.
Stratham, NH
I really love this base coat! It’s a great primer, has a nice shine, and leaves my nails strong! It dries really fast too! I think it’s a great product and would definitely recommend it to anyone!
Angelica  F.
Webster, TX
Chanel has the best nail polish out there, did you know that if you accidentally tip it or drop it, it will not spill! It’s amazing, if you have one, try it. It’s a pants and clothes saver, it gives you time to pick it up. How genius is that. Oh and the colors are amazing, long wearing as well. I recommend this every day of the week!!
Jose gomez I.
This is a pretty standard perfect go to . While yes there is a couple that are similar , they are not as reliable and that is a fact. Consistency Is key. Not 100% sold on 99% of what Chanel makes but this is the 1% I can count on this stuff to look heavenly all on its own or a foundation for other beauties. I have a bottle of the BOY version which I like but the pink tones in this one add a splash of life ! The boy is a completely neutral base.