BY CHANEL #71 in Perfume for Her

The new women's fragrance by CHANEL is a luminous composition.
Inspired by Gabrielle Chanel, the House of CHANEL perfumer Olivier Polge, working with the CHANEL Laboratory of Creation and Development of Perfumes, composed a solar flower based on a bouquet of 4 white flowers.
The fragrance appears to hover weightlessly within the exceptional square bottle, crafted of ultra-thin glass. The 4 transparent sides fade into the background allowing the light-filled fragrance to shine through. The label and the stopper have the same shape and the same indefinable lamé colour, between gold and silver. The sleeve interior is warmed with an even more precious gold. The case features a special internal sleeve that protects the bottle, nestled in an imprint of its silhouette. GABRIELLE CHANEL is the fragrance of a solar woman.

Olfactory Atmosphere:

It is a pure floral. A solar flower based on a bouquet of 4 white flowers, 4 points of light that mirrors the 4 corners of the bottle. A creamy and enveloping heart of exotic jasmine, shimmering with the fruity green notes of ylang-ylang. Fresh and sparkling orange blossom shines through, offering a glimpse of Grasse tuberose captured in its purest form.
It is THE perfect flower, a radiant and sparkling, purely feminine CHANEL flower.

Inspiration:

To create this fragrance Olivier Polge, working with the CHANEL Laboratory of Creation and Development of Perfumes, drew inspiration from Gabrielle, the birth name of Coco Chanel, designer and founder of the House of CHANEL. A rebel at heart, passionate and free, she chose to be the woman she wanted to be. A radiant woman.

Art Of Perfuming:

The GABRIELLE CHANEL fragrance is worn ostensibly. Intensely.
Apply on skin and on the lining of clothing in a deliberate and generous spray. Renew as often as desired.

• CHANEL Gabrielle Chanel Eau De Parfum Spray how does scen...1 Answers
  • I bought this perfume and I love it, however, I can't fin...1 Answers
  • What do you think about the new perfume of chanel CHANEL...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Ellie R.
Tempe, AZ
Although I own 3 different Chanel fragrances, Gabrielle is my favorite. It’s a bit on the higher end of cost, but it’s Chanel, so it’s going to be more expensive just in the name. I absolutely love this fragrance, it’s actually quite fresh and unique. I also own Mademoiselle and Chanel Chance Tendre. My only wish is Chanel would create a complimentary body lotion for Gabrielle so the consumer can layer their fragrances? Some of the Chanel scents have matching body lotions, but Gabrielle and Tendre don’t?? Otherwise, I recommend and would buy again!! Something very special about Gabrielle, just saying, it’s wonderful!
Ashley S.
Smells amazing. The scent is less floral then the Chanel no.5 perfume but just as potent. A little goes a long way, which is good cause it's very expensive. If you're not into floral, spicy, scents but more into sweet, tropical, light scents then this is not for you. Is it worth the price? If you use it sparingly and enjoy the scent then it should last you a very very long time and would be well worth the price. But if you wear a lot of perfume and you wear it everyday than you'd probably want to look for a less expensive perfume that you enjoy and can repurchase without breaking the bank. I use this perfume only occasionally as I have other perfumes that are less expensive and have lighter scents suitable for more daily wear. It's a beautiful luxurious perfume though.
Michelle G.
I am typically a huge fan of certain Chanel fragrances so I was extremely excited about this new release. Sadly, this was a flop for me. Without question, the packaging and bottle are beautiful and the scent of the perfume just exudes luxury. However, every person's skin and natural oils react differently with perfumes. I cannot wear Chanel No. 5 because it simply smells wretched on me -- terrible. This fragrance is a hybrid of Chance and No 5 -- like both mixed together. I happen to love Chance but the No.5 notes that stayed on my skin were not appealing at all. I don't think this is a fragrance that necessarily smells bad. I just warn that if you do not like Chanel No. 5 or if it does not react well with your natural oils, I would suggest passing on this one. Also, if you already own No. 5 or Chance, this is not worth the purchase -- it smells heavily of No. 5 as it is.
Erika S.
San Jose
My husband gave me this as a gift because I tried some from Macys and I really love the smell. I used it for new years and my wedding day and I feel satisfied I smell really good and the smell doesnt go away right away. I smell the same until the next day! I am very very happy with this perfume! CHANEL Gabrielle Chanel Eau De Parfum Spray
Courtney T.
Tulsa, OK
Received a sample in my Sephora playbox, and I think it doesn't differ too much from Mademoiselle, and is a classic scent which I cannot say I dislike. If you're looking for something that's different, or distinctive I'd look elsewhere such as Alien by TM. It's on the lighter floral side, but has very light notes of citrus as well. There really isn't anything to separate this perfume from others in my opinion, and while I don't dislike it I wouldn't purchase it because i have so many other scents that stand out to me more than this one, and I would go with this those first.
april n.
Forest Lake, MN
This perfume is absolutely gorgeous! It is the perfect cross between timeless and elegant and modern feminine. It’s extremely long lasting as well. I would say that it doesn’t differ too terribly much from other floral fragrances, especially the Chanel ones, but it is gorgeous in its own way. I would definitely recommend for a Springtime fragrance as it is light and gorgeous.
Carol L.
San Jose, CA
Love the smell of this perfume! I had the privilege of sampling it from Chanel and it’s floral scent last awhile. I get so much compliments of the floral scent of Jasmin. I would buy it again but one bottle would probably last awhile.
Sophia Q.
Grovetown , GA
I got Chanel No. 5 as a birthday present from my mom this year, but unfortunately it smells like soapy water on me. So with a heavy heart, I went in to exchange it and the salesgirl recommended Gabrielle by Chanel. I can't "review" a perfume, because they react differently to body chemistry, but on ME, this perfume lasts all day and smells like a lighter, more floral version of Chanel no. 5. So far, I'm loving it!
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
I have to say that this is the scent of sophistication! What a unique scent. It smells even better once is wears off a little! I got this as a sample in my monthly Macy's beauty box subscription and I fell in love instantly. It's only been a few days and this small little vile is almost completely gone!
Christopher C.
Windermere, FL
I really wanted to love this. The fragrance description sounded so lovely. But its so light that I hardly smell anything at all. If you are someone who likes lighter scent you might love this one but I was a little disappointed. I would love this if it was a bit stronger and stayed on the skin a little longer.
Laura S.
Lexington , KY
Is it a really overpowering floral smell or is it light?
Madeline L.
Pt Pleas Bch, NJ
What are your thoughts on the new Chanel Gabrielle fragrance? I absolutely love it CHANEL Gabrielle Chanel Eau De Parfum Spray 😍
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
What do you love about this scent?
Danielle W.
I bought this perfume and I love it, however, I can't find the matching scented lotion, I don't think it exists. I always buy the matching scented lotion to every perfume I buy, so what I want to know is everyone who has this perfume, what specific lotion do you use when you wear this perfume?
Danielle W.