Challenge Salted Butter 16 oz uploaded by Amber M.

BY CHALLENGE #6 in Butter & Margarine

Since 1911 Challenge® has built a tradition based on quality. It's the favorite butter for bakers, fine chefs and home use, because we churn it daily from pasteurized sweet cream to provide the freshest butter available. Challenge® is unique since we control all aspects of our butter quality--from the feed on our farms to refrigerated delivery. You can trust Challenge® Butter for all your baking, frying, cooking, and table use. see more...

• Do you buy the salted or unsalted, and why? Stick or tub,...1 Answers
  • Never used of this brand of butter, is it any good?2 Answers
  • How does this butter compare to land o lakes? I have alwa...2 Answers
Noni H.
We love this butter! I like the salted for cooking and unsalted for baking. I love eating butter and this one is really good. It’s a little more than the generic brand but I think it’s worth it.
Nicole T.
Stafford , VA
Perfect for baking and making frosting. I love the taste! It’s creamy texture is divine. The only issue I have is price it’s very expensive but the benefits outweigh the price.
Sahar F.
I can't go on Thanksgiving without butter and this brand is one of my favorite. A little bit expensive compared to the stores brand but really worth it for its good quality
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
I buy this butter at Kroger and it is honestly a little pricey for me, bit it is so worth every penny! It is very creamy and comes in salted or unsalted. It is hands down the best butter I have tried and is great for baking. It makes everything taste better! I will never look at butter the same after discovering this!
Victoria G.
I am an unashamed butter lover... this butter is DELICIOUS! It's got a great flavor, and isn't ridiculously priced. I refuse to use fake, liquid plastic butter, but the real thing can get very pricey. Thankfully this is affordable, and doesn't have apt of junk mixed in. I make herb butters and back with this... also use a tiny bit in my steamed veggies, and it gives them the perfect flavor!
Michaela C.
Challenge Salted butter is delicious - creamy, rich, uniform in color and texture.  It's great on bread, waffles, french toast, etc.  It's more expensive than the store brand, but worth it if you're looking for something better.  I don't bake with the salted butter, but I'm sure it would be good in cookies, as long as you offset the salt.
Lorraine P.
Best consistent quality butter on mass market. Clean milky flavor. Bakes perfectly. Tastes great on toast or potatoes. Not overly salty. Always at a fair price in most grocery stores. My go-to gor baking and eating.
jenny a.
Tuttle, OK
I love this butter. Made cookies and they were so creamy. This butter tastes like sweet cream. Just love it! Price is good but all butter is pricier than margarine.
Cynthia S.
Statesboro, GA
Cannot do Thanksgiving without butter! Challenge butter is a great brand of reasonably priced, tasty butter. I put it on the turkey, in the stuffing, in the vegetables, any kind of souffle calls for it as well, in the gravy, usually a dessert like a crust on a pie and finally on the table for the bread (which itself may have it in it). It would require making quite a few changes to do Thanksgiving without it and my understanding is that butter is not unhealthy as many had in the past believed. The only concern would be for folks who already have high cholesterol but otherwise if you do not have that health problem butter is actually quite nutritious.
Claudia F.
Winter Haven, FL
My mom and I love to use this brand when baking. We also use it to make herb buttered baked chicken which my 18 year old son devours! Fresh herbs mixed with softened butter smeared on top of boneless skinless or shoved under the skin of boneless chicken then bake till done. What a flavor this helps add!
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Never used of this brand of butter, is it any good?
Shannon C.
Spartanburg , SC
How does this butter compare to land o lakes? I have always used lol, sweet cream unsalted...
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
Do you buy the salted or unsalted, and why? Stick or tub, and why? I use it mostly for baking and cooking so I buy the sticks. I also buy the salted because it has a better flavor and I am a sucker for sodium! :)