Challenge Salted Butter 16 oz uploaded by Amber M.

BY CHALLENGE #9 in Butter

Since 1911 Challenge® has built a tradition based on quality. It's the favorite butter for bakers, fine chefs and home use, because we churn it daily from pasteurized sweet cream to provide the freshest butter available. Challenge® is unique since we control all aspects of our butter quality--from the feed on our farms to refrigerated delivery. You can trust Challenge® Butter for all your baking, frying, cooking, and table use. see more...

• Do you buy the salted or unsalted, and why? Stick or tub, and why...1 Answers
  • Never used of this brand of butter, is it any good?2 Answers
  • How does this butter compare to land o lakes? I have always used ...2 Answers
Cynthia S.
Cynthia S.
Statesboro, GA
Cannot do Thanksgiving without butter! Challenge butter is a great brand of reasonably priced, tasty butter. I put it on the turkey, in the stuffing, in the vegetables, any kind of souffle calls for it as well, in the gravy, usually a dessert like a crust on a pie and finally on the table for the bread (which itself may have it in it). It would require making quite a few changes to do Thanksgiving without it and my understanding is that butter is not unhealthy as many had in the past believed. The only concern would be for folks who already have high cholesterol but otherwise if you do not have that health problem butter is actually quite nutritious.
Courtney F.
Courtney F.
My family loves to use this butter to cook with. It is great for cook and bake with. It is quite adorable compared to other brands. The health quality is about the same as any other brand that isn't margarine.
Aline M.
Aline M.
Davis, CA
Foodie Expert
It's a butter what can I say? Do you need a butter? Buy it. It is cheap, I can buy it for 2.99 at Grocery Outlet. It has a nice salt taste, same of all salted butter. Hs a good flavor. I'd recomend it.
Molly S.
Molly S.
Camarillo, CA
Foodie Expert
This butter is my go to for baking. I have used it for baking cooks as well as mashed potatoes. It's cream , melts easily and add prefect amount of bitterness to my favorite dishes.
Jenni E.
Jenni E.
Anaheim, CA
Foodie Expert
Great brand of butter! Always buy this one, in my opinion it's one of the best butters!
Zanesville, OH
Foodie Expert
I buy this butter at Kroger and it is honestly a little pricey for me, bit it is so worth every penny! It is very creamy and comes in salted or unsalted. It is hands down the best butter I have tried and is great for baking. It makes everything taste better! I will never look at butter the same after discovering this!
Victoria G.
Victoria G.
Foodie Expert
I am an unashamed butter lover... this butter is DELICIOUS! It's got a great flavor, and isn't ridiculously priced. I refuse to use fake, liquid plastic butter, but the real thing can get very pricey. Thankfully this is affordable, and doesn't have apt of junk mixed in. I make herb butters and back with this... also use a tiny bit in my steamed veggies, and it gives them the perfect flavor!
Michaela C.
Michaela C.
Foodie Expert
Challenge Salted butter is delicious - creamy, rich, uniform in color and texture.  It's great on bread, waffles, french toast, etc.  It's more expensive than the store brand, but worth it if you're looking for something better.  I don't bake with the salted butter, but I'm sure it would be good in cookies, as long as you offset the salt.
MaryAnn F.
MaryAnn F.
My husband brought home our first taste of Challenge butter because I told him to pick up butter on the way home from work, he didn't know what to get, and this one had a deer on the label that made him feel manly. Not gonna lie, I feel like a BAMF using it too-- melts up nicely, works great in my homemade country gravy. Creamy, not oily.
Tibisay B.
Tibisay B.
This dye seems to me of very good quality, first because it has very nice colors and second it does not mistreat you so much the hair. I recommend it is a good product
Shannon C.
Shannon C.
Spartanburg , SC
How does this butter compare to land o lakes? I have always used lol, sweet cream unsalted...
Christina A.
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Foodie Expert
Never used of this brand of butter, is it any good?
Zanesville, OH
Foodie Expert
Do you buy the salted or unsalted, and why? Stick or tub, and why? I use it mostly for baking and cooking so I buy the sticks. I also buy the salted because it has a better flavor and I am a sucker for sodium! :)