challenge salted butter

Since 1911 Challenge® has built a tradition based on quality. It's the favorite butter for bakers, fine chefs and home use, because we churn it daily from pasteurized sweet cream to provide the freshest butter available. Challenge® is unique since we control all aspects of our butter quality--from the feed on our farms to refrigerated delivery. You can trust Challenge® Butter for all your baking, frying, cooking, and table use.

Do you buy the salted or unsalted, and why? Stick or tub, and why? I use it mostly for baking and cooking so I buy the sticks. I also buy the salted because it has a better flavor and I am a sucker for sodium! :)
Never used of this brand of butter, is it any good?
How does this butter compare to land o lakes? I have always used lol, sweet cream unsalted...
Start your review of challenge salted butter !
2 months agoAustin, TX
Purchased at: Walmart
I like using Challenge Butter. It is better quality than some others on the market. It tastes great, and melts and softens beautifully. It is a bit healthier too, as it's made from milk from cows not treated with rBST. It only has 2 ingredients, pasteurized cream and salt.
3 months agoMarion , OH
Purchased at: Walmart
I Love This Butter It Softens up Nicely it has a Really Good Flavor and We Use It In So Many Meals.... It’s About The Same Cost as Land O Lakes it definitely has an amazing flavor we Buy it All The time
6 months ago
I used challenge butter in my sugar cookies and it did not do well at all. The butter changed the wonderful taste of the cookies and once baked the sanding sugar feel off the cookies when eating them. I make these cookies at each holiday but this Easter they did not do well using the challenge butter. I'll go back to the original Land O'Lakes butter. Love that!
2 years agoStafford , VA
Perfect for baking and making frosting. I love the taste! It’s creamy texture is divine. The only issue I have is price it’s very expensive but the benefits outweigh the price.
2 years ago
I can't go on Thanksgiving without butter and this brand is one of my favorite. A little bit expensive compared to the stores brand but really worth it for its good quality
2 years agoZanesville, OH
challenge salted butter  uploaded by Amber M.
I buy this butter at Kroger and it is honestly a little pricey for me, bit it is so worth every penny! It is very creamy and comes in salted or unsalted. It is hands down the best butter I have tried and is great for baking. It makes everything taste better! I will never look at butter the same after discovering this!
3 years ago
Best consistent quality butter on mass market. Clean milky flavor. Bakes perfectly. Tastes great on toast or potatoes. Not overly salty. Always at a fair price in most grocery stores. My go-to gor baking and eating.
a year agoJefferson , PA
Wow. I had a coupon , which made me try this item as it is a little more pricier than others. I have 0 regrets. Such a lovely taste, creamy . Great accompany to a good dinner roll or toast
3 years agoTuttle, OK
I love this butter. Made cookies and they were so creamy. This butter tastes like sweet cream. Just love it! Price is good but all butter is pricier than margarine.
3 years agoStatesboro, GA
Cannot do Thanksgiving without butter! Challenge butter is a great brand of reasonably priced, tasty butter. I put it on the turkey, in the stuffing, in the vegetables, any kind of souffle calls for it as well, in the gravy, usually a dessert like a crust on a pie and finally on the table for the bread (which itself may have it in it). It would require making quite a few changes to do Thanksgiving without it and my understanding is that butter is not unhealthy as many had in the past believed. The only concern would be for folks who already have high cholesterol but otherwise if you do not have that health problem butter is actually quite nutritious.