by Cetaphil
Ask a Question
Daneny N.
Daneny N.
Salem, OR

Does this help with acne for sensitive skin? Or just another cleanser?
Amanda N.
Amanda N.
June 22, 2014, 3:05 p.m.
I suffer from both acne and sensitive skin. While I don't think this product is specifically designed to help with acne, I've found that it has helped mine. It's very gentle and therefore doesn't irritate my skin. I've found that it helps with redness from current acne and doesn't cause more.
Lauryn I.
Lauryn I.
June 18, 2014, 7:40 p.m.
Yes I would recommend this to acne prone sensitive skin. The thing about a lot of cleaners targeted for oil control is that depending on you skin (of course everyone is different) your skin will actually create more oil to compensate for what a harsher cleanser will strip, and in the long run doesn't work out. It's kind of like how lip balm doesn't actually help chapped lips, it makes them feel better short term but actually makes it worse in the long run. Since you have sensitive skin, I would also highly recommend this because skin irritation is another major cause of breakouts. I have extremely sensitive skin, and even have bad reactions to some hypoallergenic products, and I am very happy with Cetaphil.
Alison A.
Alison A.
May 27, 2014, 3:01 p.m.
It's not designed for acne but I feel like this (in combination with some other product changes) has contributed to my clearer skin!
Anna C.
Anna C.
Jan. 22, 2014, 8:07 p.m.
I also used it upon the recommendation of my dermatologist when she was treating me for acne. She proscribed other things to treat the acne and the cleanser was just to gently keep my skin clear and not further irritate it.
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Jan. 15, 2014, 8:04 p.m.
I have acne prone and sensitive skin and I love this cleanser because it preps my face before I use my acne scrub or whatever I'm using. I've been using it for years because my dermatologist recommended it to me and it's so gentle on my face.
Lauren K.
Lauren K.
Jan. 11, 2014, 1:40 p.m.
Everyone's acne is different. A lot of people have noticed a difference, but if you're acne is genetic, it might not work for you. I would look for a cleanser with salicylic acid in it. It will help unclog pores, so oxygen can get in and kill the bacteria!

Join Now