BY CETAPHIL #32 in Facial Cleansers

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser works well as part of a skin care regimen to control dryness associated with topical acne medications and skin rejuvenating wrinkle products. Originally formulated for dermatologists, Cetaphil Gentle Liquid Cleanser is... see more...

• Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser what do you think about this product??6 Answers
  • Is this good for sensitive skin?63 Answers
  • What is ur opinions about these products!??5 Answers
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
  • "This is only of the only cleansers I can use on my sensitive skin. It's amazing!" in 2488 reviews
Aimee B.
Review for: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser 16 Ounce more...
My favorite face wash of all time that I always go back to, no matter what I use. Its a pretty good deal for the price considering the big bottle lasts forever. I see a lot of reviews about the consistency of this face wash but if you can get past the “conditioner” feeling, you will never go back! I put this on my face DRY, rub it in until theres a nice white lather. Sometimes I let it sit for a couple minutes, which makes your face even softer, but then I wash it off with warm water. I was having some breakouts a couple months ago and remembered I had this. I used nothing but this & within a couple days, the spots on my face were 90% gone. It’s not specifically for acne and I don’t know if it will work for everyone but its definitely worth a try. I have really oily skin that gets oily really fast and surprisingly, this does the opposite and actually controls the oil throughout the day. I don’t even use a moisturizer because it makes my face so soft and smooth on it’s own. My dermatologist recommended this to me almost 2 years ago when I was on Accutane and I’ve been repurchasing ever since!
Kelly P.
Queen creek, AZ
I just started using this nine days ago because I am developing a round of cystic acne. My face was gradually getting worse and before I knew it, my whole jawline and cheek area are riddled with this horrible cystic acne. I read great things about cetaphil from acne sufferers online and decided to give it a chance. I am glad I did. Since using cetaphil it has been gradually drying out my problem areas, isn't irritating my skin, and is a very gentle cleanser. The only thing is that this can be very overdrying so I suggest getting an oil free moisturizer that works for you. I use in advanced clinicals retinol cream and they pair well. Cetaphil has been worth the $10 So far. And I only need about a dime sized amount. Also do not forget to double cleanse!
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
Review for: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For All Skin Types, 4 fl oz more...
I bought this cleanser as I have been struggling with my sudden breakouts and hormonal acne since last 2-3 months. I have been reading great reviews about this clenaser. My Skintype is acne-pronw sensitive combination my biggest issue with this clenaser is that it is over drying even though I use serum and moisturiser and mask sheets my face just felt dry always while I was using this clenaser. Also, I didn't see much of changes in my acne by using this even after 1 month. I have found a better clenaser which is helping me out a great deal. Maybe this clenaser was not meant for my skin type. Though it maybe effective for some different skin types as Cetaphil is supposed to be a good brand for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
Chaasadyah C.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, Normal to dry skin, 250 mL more...
Please read the ingredients! Contains 8
Stearyl alcohol
MethylPARABEN
PropylPARABEN
ButylPARABEN

Water is the only thing good for your skin!
You should never be placing PARABENS into your skin! these are cosmetic ingredients warn against and advise us to avoid due to potential toxicity. So sad because I used to love it. It smells so fresh, pure, and clean but it is everything but. Mind ingredients and for a moisturizer I would recommend using bodyjoy butters. This lowkey company is so affordable but only use ingredients that are natural and good enough to eat. Bodyjoybutters.com. That’s honestly what I buy. Thank me later yall
Elizabeth K.
Lithia Spgs, GA
Review for: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz more...
So I have a love/hate relationship with this. When I first started using it I loved it. The redness in my face went away and it wasn’t irritating at all. I didn’t even have to use lotion afterwards which is crazy because my skin is extremely dry. However, after a week or so I started breaking out. I feel like this cleanser is good for sensitive skin but it doesn’t combat acne. I feel like this is really good for someone who just has dry-non acne prone skin. I also loved that you don’t have to use water to wash your face with this, but it does not take makeup off well.
Kelsea S.
Chesterfield, VA
This has been a cleanser that I have used for years! Since high school! It does a great job of cleansing the skin, and it very very gentle. If you have sensitive skin, this is so calming, and the gel is so soft and just glides onto the skin. Massaging this in to the skin, gently, I had no problems with redness or breakouts, or dryness afterwards! I sometimes will even catch my boyfriend using this! Lol. So it is for men and woman. I purchased mine from Walmart, and have for evvvvver! I recommend. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Hannah B.
Review for: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz more...
This is my go-to, have to have it face wash. I’ve tried a lot of other options for sensitive skin and always, always come back to this - it is literally the only face wash gentle enough for my incredibly sensitive skin. My only complaint (and the reason I gave it four stars) is that sometimes it feels like it’s not cleansing enough, especially if I’ve been wearing makeup, but double cleansing usually does the trick.
Caitlin N.
Ashland, KY
This is an amazing cleanser for very sensitive skin, anyone going through a post skin procedure, or Anyone using a harsh skincare product like a retinol for acne. This cleanser is as simple and gentle as it gets but still does the job. This has been a dermatologist top recommended cleanser for so long for a reason. Since using cetaphil i have tried cerave out and i do like their line of cleansers better which is why i only gave cetaphil 4 stars instead of 5 but it is still one of the best gentle cleansers on the market.
Marie C.
Daytona Beach
Omg love this cleanser!!! I've read all kinds of reviews about this product and thought ok maybe they're just saying it good, But does it really works?? YES IT DOES WORK!!! I have combination skin and some cleanser over dry or just not work at all but this here is amazing i don't know why i kept putting this off. Yes its kinda expensive but well worth it i recommend this product to anyone who has combination skin and scared to spend that extra dollar i promise its well worth the price
Lex W.
Eagle
Review for: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, Normal to dry skin, 500 mL more...
I know Cetaphil is a well-loved product by MANY but it really does not do anything for me. Admittedly, I only use it in the shower when my face feels oily or I still have makeup on but that’s because I was not impressed with it as a cleanser on its own. It’s extremely gentle with no off-putting smell and feels as if you’re applying lotion to your skin, except it doesn’t soak in. I’ve found that it almost dries out my skin though, without even getting it completely clean.
Ines J.
Baton Rouge, LA
Is this good for sensitive skin?
Kathleen L.
Albany, NY
Will this cleanser help fight acne even though it's supposed to be more gentle?
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Everyone says its amazing! is it good?
Mica O.
Pontiac, MI
Is this good for dry/oily skin
Raysha L.
North Bergen, NJ
On the packaging, it says this product can be used as a gentle mask as well. Has anyone tried this?