BY CETAPHIL

Cetaphil® Derma Control™ Oil Control Moisturizer.

Recommended Skin Cancer Foundation.

Daily use.

With sunscreen broad spectrum SPF 30.

Formulated for acne-prone skin.

Clinically proven to help manage oily skin.

Lightweight formula absorbs quickly and provides a matte finish.

Non-comedogenic, oil-free and fragrance free.

Galderma. see more...

• I'm thinking about trying this moisturizer because of my oily ski...2 Answers
  • I am currently using this but I noticed it made me look more oily...1 Answers
  • HELP! I have very oily skin. I cleanse and moisturize twice a day...1 Answers
Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer
  • "love this moisturizer, keeps my face shine free, my dermatologist recommended this and its very helpful, I use it twice a day after i wash my face. " in 33 reviews
  • "We all know what happens when the skin is dry... you produce more oil causing overload on oiliness which can cause acne." in 15 reviews
  • "It makes my skin really soft, and while my skin can still look shiny after using it, I wasn't expecting it to take every bit of oil out of my skin either." in 14 reviews
  • "Anyone with oily skin can agree with me when i say it is hard to find a moisturizer/spf for your face that doesn't make your face feel like a slime factory!" in 6 reviews
Sarah A.
Louisville, KY
This is my holy, holy grail of moisturizers! I have extremely oily and acne prone skin and am also on several oral and topical medications for treatment of acne. This was recommended to me by my dermatologist and I can see why she loves it. It is great for locking in moisture in the skin and preventing those dry, flaky spots that can occur when you're on very high dose acne medication like I am. Perfect for people with oily skin or just normal skin as well! It is lightweight and does not feel heavy on the skin. Absorbs quickly as well. I use it after washing my face with the foaming face wash also by cetaphil and follow with my prescription topical acne treatment. I have used it for years and will not travel without it. It is worth the money for it b cause it lasts me forever!! I hardly find myself needing to buy another bottle (maybe 2-3 times a year?). I cannot say enough about it. For all those people who suffer with acne this product is for you!
Teri B.
Love this stuff. This has been the only thing to keep my Oily skin at bay. It has really helped me in the summer heat. Great to use under foundation as well. I also love that this has SPF in it as well. I like to get all the protection i can from products that I use on my face. Would definitely recommend this to everyone who had oily skin. My forehead d tends to get really oily and it has kept that at bay really well throughout the day. Love this and will be repurchasing it when i run out. Side note: I have combination skin and i mix this with the equate advanced recovery skin care lotion and this has worked wonders for my face. Keeps my dry skin away and my oil from being too much.
Kiani C.
Fullerton, CA
Let me begin by sharing I have oily, acne prone skin. I have used so many moisturizers from Clinique to Aveeno, but I have found my holy grail and this is it. Not only is it oil controlling, I definitely produce less oil when using this, but it also has SPF in it which means you are protecting the most delicate part of your body. It is so important to wear SPF and if I can skip putting on sunscreen by having it combined with my moisturizer I'm all for it. It doesn't make my face feel greasy or have that strong sunscreen scent. Hands down, best moisturizer with SPF out there
Katie W.
Valparaiso, IN
Cetaphil is the only brand I've found that I can use on my very oily, acne prone skin. It keeps my skin moisturized, never dry. I'm still a bit oily, but my face is exceptionally greasy. So it did improve some. But the most fantastic thing about this product is that it's helped keep my acne under control. I'm 26 and I've had acne since my early pre-teens. Not until I switched to cetaphil face wash for acne prone skin, and the oil control moisturizer that my acne has reduced by probably 90%. I hope they never discontinue!!!!
Kylie W.
Dublin, OH
This is another product that I absolutely cannot live without! I use this moisturizer both during the day, before I apply my makeup, and also, at the end of the day when I am then taking off my makeup. I have incredibly oily skin and after using many products that swore they would help contain my oiliness, this product finally reigned above! It not only leaves my skin feeling moisturized but it also, has eliminated the insanity of which once was, my oil slick of a face!
Ashley S.
I feel like this product is average. I usually love the cetaphil products but I do not feel like this one moisturizes very well. However, it does control the oil very well. I also like that it has SPF 30 in it as well. The biggest downfall for me is that it does not sit well under the foundation that I use (dermablend). After about an hour or so, my foundation will start to form in lines on my face and this does not happen when I do not use the lotion.
Kaitlyn H.
Murrieta, CA
I have combination skin that tends to be dry in the morning and oily by mid-day/evening. I wanted to try this out because Cetaphil is a great moisturizing brand but this oil control moisturizer was just okay for me. I really was put off by the burning/irritating sensation if/when it touches my eyes. The smell is not that pleasant either. I would just stick to the regular moisturizing cream/lotion and use a different oil control cleanser.
Emilee L.
This lotion is overall a good purchase. However, it is incredibly expensive for how much you are getting compared to other lotions on the market. It has SPF which i love and is important, however it limits your use to daily (nightly the smell of sunscreen is too overpowering). It burned my face slightly the first few times using it, but does not anymore. Decent product, but there are probably better ones for the cost.
Emily L.
Oceanside, CA
I have very oily skin so I thought I'd give this a try. I trust the brand as it is dermatologist recommended. I don't know if it really helps me stay any less oily, but it does keep my skin hydrated and I like that it contains SPF. Although, it definitely does smell a bit like sunscreen. I don't know if its worth it to spend the extra dollars on the oil control, considering it didn't work too well for me.
Cinna B.
Detroit, MI
This stuff is amazing !!!!!!!!! I have super oily skin and I am prone to break outs, this stuff has really helped my skin. I have used this line for a long time but recently started using the oil control produce and I am so happy that I came across them. I would recommend and do recommend them to everyone I know. It also helps with my complexion with dark spots also.
Yaneth P.
Dickson , TN
Can I use this under my liquid foundation makeup ? And can I still use a different brand of cleanser with this product without it having some kind of bad reaction ?
Veronica N.
Bronx, NY
Wellness Guru Expert
I really want to try this product and my face is very oily. Does this product really control oil on the face? How does it make the face feel?
dominica r.
Seattle, WA
Does this do ok with cystic acne prone skin?
Ashlee D.
Did they discontinue this? I haven't been able to find it in two CVS's that I went to!
Wilma G.
Rancho Viejo, TX
I've been going back and forth about using this moisturizer but it does it actually keep you oily free??