BY CETAPHIL #69 in Facial Moisturizers

Derma control oil control moisturizer with sunscreen broad spectrum SPF 30 is formulated for acne-prone skin. see more...

• Is It good for skin with hormonal acne?3 Answers
  • I have combination skin and I am in dire need of a good moisturiz...2 Answers
  • I have acne prone and combination skin( sometimes feels oily but ...2 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Alexandra W.
I bought this product because I have used the Cetaphil brand before and like it, and specifically, this moisturizer was marketed as being “oil-control” as well as having spf in it. I have combo but mostly oily skin and usually hate the feeling of heavy moisturizers, so the idea that this one would help control oil on my face was worth the higher price tag for me (bought it for about $17 at Target or CVS). However, I tried it immediately and HATED the smell it had on my face, and it did not go away over time- it smelled like straight up sunblock. The smell was so strong, I actually had to wash it off my face to get rid of it. I have tried applying it multiple times since, even just on my hands, and for me I cannot get over the overwhelming smell that this lotion has. The consistency is not overly thick, and is similar to Neutrogena ones that I ended up buying instead. If you like the smell of sunscreen or don’t mind it on your face, then this product could work for you. However, I don’t feel like this would have any “oil-control” properties and is the same as any similar moisturizer (only more expensive due to this claim). This particular product has spf 30 which isn’t that high and many other brands offer moisturizers with similar spf (I’ve tried the Eucerin Daily Moisturizer with spf 30) and the Cetaphil one had by far the strongest scent that never faded (whereas the others tended to fade over time). I definitely would not recommend this to anybody who is sensitive to smells or fragrance, or anybody with sensitive skin (I’m usually not sensitive to fragrance and do not have sensitive skin, yet this one really bothered me).
I am disappointed with this product made by a reputable brand that I usually trust. I am honestly surprised it is still being sold because of its high price tag and it being “nothing special” compared to other drugstore face moisturizers. I now use the oil-free Neutrogena lotion which I like a lot because it is very lightweight and has no scent. Other good moisturizers I have tried are CeraVe, Burt’s Bee’s Skincare Sensitive Skin Moisturizers (this one is great too!), Clean & Clear dual-action Acne Fighting Lotion (great if you have acne), or even regular Cetaphil lotion.
Overall, the spf is not amazing (you would still need to reapply it often) and it’s at best decent at moisturizing skin, so I would recommend buying a regular moisturizer regardless of its spf instead of this (and use actual sunblock if you plan on being out in the sun!). As for the “oil-control” aspect, I would suggest any “oil-free” moisturizer at the drugstore, or if really looking to “control oil production” try one of the high-end brands at places like Sephora (Ole Henricksen has a good “balancing” oil-control type moisturizer) which can possibly deliver on these claims by using specific ingredients. This is not a drugstore dupe for any of the expensive products mentioned above.
This was also fairly expensive, and is currently close to $20 for a regular sized bottle, which costs much more than other drugstore moisturizers, and you are not getting a large amount of product either. I’m mad I wasted this much money on a drugstore moisturizer (which I can’t even bear to use due to its overwhelming scent) and wish I paid $10-$20 extra to just get the higher-end product from Sephora, or bought a cheaper drugstore moisturizer like the ones I mentioned above (all which are about half the price of this one).
I only rated this product 2 stars because it may work for some people whose skin is “normal” (my sister tried it and didn’t have a problem with it, but she can use literally anything on her skin and nothing bothers her). From my personal experience with the product I would give it 1 star.
Erica W.
Sherwood, OR
This is my favorite facial moisturizer/sunscreen combo that I've ever used. Being a redhead with extremely fair skin, I need to wear sunscreen any time I'm outside for longer than 5 minutes. I used to hate wearing sunscreen on my face because most products would leave a greasy film and cause extra shine. This product is fantastic! It actually helps control my oil and doesn't feel to heavy or greasy. I'm able to put this on and forget that I'm wearing it. There is a slight sunscreen smell, but it doesn't bother me. It's actually not as bad as some other brands I've used in the past. I used to buy a facial moisturizer/sunscreen that was over $30, so this price point is much more budget friendly!
Sierra S.
Manhattan
I'm a redhead with acne. Therefore, I need the perfect non-oily moisturizer with SPF in order to not become a human lobster with acne.  So I got this one at the recommendation of my dermatologist when she found out I wasn't using a moisturizer with SPF. I love this moisturizer. It moisturizes without making my skin feel oily, and for the price you get a lot of product. I've been using this everyday for about two years and only have to replace the bottle every 6 months or so.
Krista P.
El Monte, CA
This is my daily sunscreen - regardless of time of year. My dermatologist REEMED me because I wasn't using a moisturizer with a Broad Spectrum SPF. She recommended this product and I could not be happier! No oily residue on the skin, I've noticed massive improvements in the evenness of my skin tone, and I just slap it on before my primer every morning- right after I've washed my face.
Beautiful L.
This is the ONLY cetaphil product that didn’t work for me. I have very oily/combination skin and this made my face really oily after applying and going out the house. I purchased mine at Walmart store. I would not recommend this product if you have oily/combination skin.
Nikki T.
Iowa City
This is the moisturizer I put on my face every single day. It absorbs quickly, and I'm able to wear it under my makeup easily. I have very sensitive, pale, (aka extremely vulnerable to the sun) skin, so SPF in my moisturizer is essential. Cetaphil has always been recommended by my dermatologist and it doesn't clog my pores or make me break out. I've been using this for years and will continue to do so.
Jennifer F.
Love this product!! Doesn’t add excess oil, is very hydrating when needed (I have really oil skin) The product lasts forever, and a small amount goes a long way so the price becomes more reasonable! I have had times where this did burn... not always and sometimes my skin can get “tacky” when using but overall I would try it! I use everyday
Christine A.
Flushing, NY
I have oily skin and so I don't really like moisturizing my face but I know it's important to do so especially with SPF. A friend of mine recommended Cetaphil for oily skin and it's worked wonders! It keeps my face nicely moisturized and not to the point where it looks or feel even oiler than what my face already is.
Amber K.
Alexandria
I’ve tried many moisturizers and many of them have cause me to break out. My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil and I’ve been using it for years. It’s never greasy, just the right amount of moisture. It has never caused me to break out. Plus, I enjoy this product because it also has sunscreen to protect my face.
Cliffstine T.
Lawrenceville
This is definitely a must for me. I use it daily and it definitely keeps the moisture in all day. I also use the CetaPhil derma control foam wash and they work well together. My dermatologist recommended this for me 2 years ago and it’s been working as a great combo for me every since.
Andrea S.
South Bend, IN
I need a daily sunscreen and moisturizer but my face gets pretty oily throughout the day. How does this work? Does it really prevent oil and how does it smell?
Maria M.
I have oily and sensitive skin. Is this a good one to try? Or should I use another kind.
Andrea L.
Zapopan
This product really works? I have oily skin and some pimples so I went to the dermatologist and she gave me some products to dry my face but now it's si much better but I really need some hydrate but I don't want to get oily again
M G.
I have seen this brand at walmart but have never seen this moisturizer. Where else can i buy it? I really want to try it.
Sarah A.
Marlton, NJ
Does this stuff really keep our skin from being oily all day? I sampled it one just a swatch on my hand it seemed like a sunscreen. Is it more like a spf or a moisturizer? Help!?