BY CETAPHIL

While we aim to provide accurate product information, it is provided by manufacturers, suppliers and others, and has not been verified by us. See our

3-in-1 lightweight formula absorbs quickly and provides a matte finish.
Clinically proven to help manage oily skin.

• Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer.
  • Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control Moisturizer.
  • Recommended Skin Cancer Foundation.
  • Daily use.
  • With sunscreen broad spectrum SPF 30.
  • Formulated for acne-prone skin.
  • Clinically proven to help manage oily skin.
  • Lightweight formula absorbs quickly and provides a matte finish.
  • Non-comedogenic, oil-free and fragrance free.
  • Galderma.
  • Oil control moisturizer SPF 30.
  • For acne-prone skin.
  • Helps control shine.
  • Works well alone or under make-up.
  • Clinically tested for tolerability with acne medications.
  • Dermatologist developed and tested.
  • Importance of daily sunscreen protection: The American academy of dermatology recommends using a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 to help prevent sunburn, skin cancer and other skin damage.
  • Uses: Helps prevent sunburn.
  • If used as directed with other sun protection measures (see directions), decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
  • Hydrate, protect and control shine with this lightweight 3-in-1 moisturizer.
  • Clinically proven to manage oily, acne-prone skin while providing broad spectrum protection from the sun's harmful rays, this gentle formula absorbs quickly and provides a long-lasting matte finish.
  • Cetaphil DermaControl is part of a regimen that is clinically proven to manage oily, acne-prone skin.
  • Questions?
  • 1-866-735-4137.
  • cetaphil.com.
  • Galderma is a registered trademark.
  • Ingredients:

Inactive Ingredients: Water, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, glycerin, dimethicone, diisopropyl sebacate, silica, polymethyl methacrylate, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, sucrose tristearate, dimethiconol, pentylene glycol, polysorbate 61, sodium stearoyl glutamate, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, glycyrrhetinic acid, panthenol, triethanolamine, allantoin, carbomer, potassium sorbate, zinc gluconate, xanthan gum, disodium edta, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine.

Ingredients: Active Ingredients -Purpose.Avobenzone 3% - Sunscreen.Octisalate 5% - Sunscreen.Octocrylene 7% - Sunscreen.Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sucrose Tristearate, Dimethiconol, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 61, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Phenoxyethanol Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycyrrhetinic Acid Panthenol, Triethanolamine, Allantoin, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Zinc Gluconate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine.

Active Ingredients: Octisalate 5%;Avobenzone 3%

• Is It good for skin with hormonal acne?3 Answers
  • I have combination skin and I am in dire need of a good m...2 Answers
  • I haven’t used this product, is it good for people with e...1 Answers
Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control Moisturizer
  • "I started using Cetaphil Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control SPF 30 a few years ago. I was what I would say in between products and decided to try something totally different then what I usually would have purchased. I also wanted something that had sun protection SPF. That was very important to me in this day and age. I found something I loved and that was this product. I was amazed at how it didn't irritate my sensitive skin at all (that was always a problem when ever I d try something new, this did not make my skin burn or itch, it so agreed with my skin in fact, It felt light and non greasy, it lasted from the time I put it on in the morning hours until I'd wash my face for the night to turn in. Lovely everyday 24/7 moisturizer and skin care product complete with SPF protection. I LOVE THIS,I even bought a back up to have stored away when I run out of my current bottle. I use this along with my coconut oil and that's all I ever will allow as my skin care routine for my face and neck." in 65 reviews
  • "My day time moisturizer. This stuff is amazing and it really keeps my oily skin at bay. It's still moisturizing yet very light. I barely feel like I'm wearing anything and it soaks in so nicely. I highly recommend this stuff especially if you have oily skin. I barely have oil when I use this" in 34 reviews
  • "It makes my skin really soft, and while my skin can still look shiny after using it, I wasn't expecting it to take every bit of oil out of my skin either." in 14 reviews
Alexandra W.
I bought this product because I have used the Cetaphil brand before and like it, and specifically, this moisturizer was marketed as being “oil-control” as well as having spf in it. I have combo but mostly oily skin and usually hate the feeling of heavy moisturizers, so the idea that this one would help control oil on my face was worth the higher price tag for me (bought it for about $17 at Target or CVS). However, I tried it immediately and HATED the smell it had on my face, and it did not go away over time- it smelled like straight up sunblock. The smell was so strong, I actually had to wash it off my face to get rid of it. I have tried applying it multiple times since, even just on my hands, and for me I cannot get over the overwhelming smell that this lotion has. The consistency is not overly thick, and is similar to Neutrogena ones that I ended up buying instead. If you like the smell of sunscreen or don’t mind it on your face, then this product could work for you. However, I don’t feel like this would have any “oil-control” properties and is the same as any similar moisturizer (only more expensive due to this claim). This particular product has spf 30 which isn’t that high and many other brands offer moisturizers with similar spf (I’ve tried the Eucerin Daily Moisturizer with spf 30) and the Cetaphil one had by far the strongest scent that never faded (whereas the others tended to fade over time). I definitely would not recommend this to anybody who is sensitive to smells or fragrance, or anybody with sensitive skin (I’m usually not sensitive to fragrance and do not have sensitive skin, yet this one really bothered me).
I am disappointed with this product made by a reputable brand that I usually trust. I am honestly surprised it is still being sold because of its high price tag and it being “nothing special” compared to other drugstore face moisturizers. I now use the oil-free Neutrogena lotion which I like a lot because it is very lightweight and has no scent. Other good moisturizers I have tried are CeraVe, Burt’s Bee’s Skincare Sensitive Skin Moisturizers (this one is great too!), Clean & Clear dual-action Acne Fighting Lotion (great if you have acne), or even regular Cetaphil lotion.
Overall, the spf is not amazing (you would still need to reapply it often) and it’s at best decent at moisturizing skin, so I would recommend buying a regular moisturizer regardless of its spf instead of this (and use actual sunblock if you plan on being out in the sun!). As for the “oil-control” aspect, I would suggest any “oil-free” moisturizer at the drugstore, or if really looking to “control oil production” try one of the high-end brands at places like Sephora (Ole Henricksen has a good “balancing” oil-control type moisturizer) which can possibly deliver on these claims by using specific ingredients. This is not a drugstore dupe for any of the expensive products mentioned above.
This was also fairly expensive, and is currently close to $20 for a regular sized bottle, which costs much more than other drugstore moisturizers, and you are not getting a large amount of product either. I’m mad I wasted this much money on a drugstore moisturizer (which I can’t even bear to use due to its overwhelming scent) and wish I paid $10-$20 extra to just get the higher-end product from Sephora, or bought a cheaper drugstore moisturizer like the ones I mentioned above (all which are about half the price of this one).
I only rated this product 2 stars because it may work for some people whose skin is “normal” (my sister tried it and didn’t have a problem with it, but she can use literally anything on her skin and nothing bothers her). From my personal experience with the product I would give it 1 star.
Erica W.
Sherwood, OR
This is my favorite facial moisturizer/sunscreen combo that I've ever used. Being a redhead with extremely fair skin, I need to wear sunscreen any time I'm outside for longer than 5 minutes. I used to hate wearing sunscreen on my face because most products would leave a greasy film and cause extra shine. This product is fantastic! It actually helps control my oil and doesn't feel to heavy or greasy. I'm able to put this on and forget that I'm wearing it. There is a slight sunscreen smell, but it doesn't bother me. It's actually not as bad as some other brands I've used in the past. I used to buy a facial moisturizer/sunscreen that was over $30, so this price point is much more budget friendly!
Tiffany C.
Philadelphia, PA
This stuff works great. Moisturizes face while controlling oil. It also contains spf30 which helps prevent blemishes from darkening in the sun. I am a repeat user. My dermatologist recommended this along with the cetaphil face wash approximately 2 yrs ago and I try to use on a regular basis. Works great under makeup as well.
Vanessa B.
E Bridgewtr, MA
I just started using this and it absolutely helps my skin! It's not too thick or thin, but it covers the face nicely and is very smooth and gentle. There is sunscreen made into it, but the smell isn't too strong. I don't need to apply a lot of product for it to work. I've definitely seen results in the oil and acne on my forehead decreasing. Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control Moisturizer
Meghan H.
Milford
I bought this on a whim after not being able to find my previous moisturizer. It was a little out of my budge at the time but I was desperate for something and it met my requirements (Plus it was from a company I trusted.) I opened it immediately because I was having a bad skin day. My face felt oily and gross and I was under a lot of stress at work and I just needed something to make me feel a little more me. So, I opened it in the car after I got it and put a dime sized amount on my face and immediately felt better. It made my face feel a little more matte but with the softness that moisturizer should give me! I use it EVERYDAY now. I use it after I put on a facial mask and I use it after I shower and do my cleansing routine. I will most definitely be buying this product from now on!
Beautiful L.
This is the ONLY cetaphil product that didn’t work for me. I have very oily/combination skin and this made my face really oily after applying and going out the house. I purchased mine at Walmart store. I would not recommend this product if you have oily/combination skin.
Raina L.
Whitehall
It’s a smooth application and blends okay. It’s gentle. No harshness. Cetaphil is expensive. So pricey I don’t know if it was worth it. I bought it from Walmart. I don’t think I would buy the sunscreen lotion again no. Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control Moisturizer
Christine A.
Flushing, NY
I have oily skin and so I don't really like moisturizing my face but I know it's important to do so especially with SPF. A friend of mine recommended Cetaphil for oily skin and it's worked wonders! It keeps my face nicely moisturized and not to the point where it looks or feel even oiler than what my face already is.
Jackie T.
Pasco
I really like this moisturizer, but my face is so sensitive to sunscreen that I don't use it all the time. Although, I do use it when I'm going to be in the sun all day. I like that it doesn't make my face super oily and it's light weight!
Taylor M.
Woodbridge
This is the only product I use. Being though I am still trying to find the best moisturizer out there for my oily and and prone skin this is an all in one plus sunscreen which is really important to me. This product is highly effective and the only improvement would to be a longer lasting formula.
Yaneth P.
Dickson , TN
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Can I use this under my liquid foundation makeup ? And can I still use a different brand of cleanser with this product without it having some kind of bad reaction ?
Andrea S.
South Bend, IN
I need a daily sunscreen and moisturizer but my face gets pretty oily throughout the day. How does this work? Does it really prevent oil and how does it smell?
Andrea L.
Zapopan
This product really works? I have oily skin and some pimples so I went to the dermatologist and she gave me some products to dry my face but now it's si much better but I really need some hydrate but I don't want to get oily again
Maria M.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I have oily and sensitive skin. Is this a good one to try? Or should I use another kind.
Veronica N.
Bronx, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I really want to try this product and my face is very oily. Does this product really control oil on the face? How does it make the face feel?