BY CETAPHIL #12 in Facial Cleansers

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser has a low-foaming formulation that is gentle enough to use on your face every day. Use it in the morning and at night to remove surface oils, dirt and makeup — all without stripping skin, which can leave it feeling tight and dry.

• Get fresh, squeaky clean feeling skin without tightness or over-drying
  • Rinses easily with no irritating or pore-clogging residue
  • Low-lather formula won’t strip skin of natural oils
  • Unscented

Marielena O.
I have tried so many other face washes (Clean and Clear, St. Ives, Neutrogena, Clearasil) and none compare to good ol' Cetaphil. I am a 26 year-old with an extremely fair skin tone and my skin tends to get irritated if I'm not careful. I have slight rosacea on my cheeks and combination skin, meaning my cheeks and upper forehead are SUPER dry all the time, but my t-zone tends to be an oil slick. Cetaphil leaves my face feeling clean without overdrying, and in the year I have used it I have noticed a positive change in moisture balance. Because I do not have breakouts all that often, I would not be able to say if this wash is effective for acne sufferers, but with how gentle it has been on MY skin, I'd say it's a safe bet.

The cleanser is crystal clear (no annoying, gimmicky micro-beads or shimmers) and even their normal formula is gentle enough for my skin - it doesn't aggravate my rosacea! I can even use it around my eyes to get off eye make-up without a lot of crying. No heavy fragrances, either. This face wash is simple and perfect, just like the bottle it comes in. 16 oz will last you a few months, as 1 pump of this stuff goes a long way. Definitely a bargain, and worth purchasing and using for life!
Tara
If I could give zero stars I would. Is this a joke!!! This is the worse cleanser for any skin type. It has absolutely nothing beneficial for you skin in it... look for yourself. There are other drugstore cleansers in the same price range that blow this out of the water. If your dermatologist recommended this to you please show them the ingredients and ask why... ask questions. Not surprisingly the company that owns this brand in big into big pharma and that's why it's suggested. Don't be fooled, there are zero benefits, those who like this must not have tried many cleansers... try CeraVe...

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer, Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.
Amya H.
I just love this face wash! I do suggest using a moisturizer that works best for you with this product, it does leave dry skin when used. I like to use this on my chest and back as well because it helps control those small breakouts. Ive been using this product for a couple months now and its all been good so far. Dont expect to spend 8$ and get an immediate face change, thats not how it works. It takes a little over two weeks to really notice improvements and a little longer if you change face washes. Remember that skin is also affected by issues or abnormalities within the body and then theres those who just have oily skin. ALSO, as a moisturizer I do suggest using natural oils like coconut or jojoba, which both work well for my skin and for dryer skin, try using argan oil. Its much thicker and has provides more nutrients. Only use a dime sized amount (literally) too much will clog pores.
Amy T.
Reisterstown, MD
I love this Face wash. i pair it with my Clarisonic. It's perfect for my combination skin. It gets rid of all the excess oil yet doesn't dry out my face or make dry areas worse. i have tried sooo many different face washes both drug store and high end and i ALWAYS come back to this one. i have sensitive skin and i break out pretty easily and this helps so much with break outs. cleared my skin up by like 80% in a month. I love the packaging as well. The pump makes it really easy to use yet keeps it from being contaminated. i keep a bottle in the shower and one next to my sink. Very affordable and effective. i have also heard that dermatologist recommend this product for acne. Wish i would have bought it sooner. My only complaint is that it doesn't lather hardly and that's why i took off 1 star. if it lathered it would def be 5 start review for me but other then that it's simply amazing.
jinous d.
I first got introduced to this cleanser at the age of 17 as I was still breaking out. I had tried acne products and while they worked for the period of time used, when discontinued, I would start breaking out again. I started to use this product per my friend's recommendation and after a short while my skin started clearing up and 11 years later I have had no skin problems at all. I love how gentle this cleanser is on my face. The cleansing capability of this product is excellent! I use it all over my face, even eyes! There isn't a significant scent which is a plus! When my newborn son was breaking out in exczema, I used this to bathe him instead of baby wash and it was very gentle and effective! If you haven't tried this and are looking for an awesome facial cleanser, then look no more because this is the best! Yea it is a bit pricy but well worth it!
Mina C.
I'm a skincare junkie whose main skin concern is dryness (I hate looking patchy!). I bought this product because I wanted a gentle morning cleanser. While I didn't notice it doing anything great (invigorating scent, brightening, etc.) I continued using it because I didn't want to waste product and I assumed it was so gentle that no harm could be done. Fast forward to a month ago ... it finally hit me that this was the item that was (in the longer-run) drying my skin out. I cut it out from my routine and my skin feels so much better. I now use Purity 2x a day instead of only at night.

HOWEVER, I'm giving this item 4 stars because it serves as a GREAT gentle, lightly-creamy BODY wash for days when I don't want to smell like my usual scented body washes. It does a great job of keeping moisture in my (non-face) skin.
Lauren M.
Jonesboro, GA
I've used this for about a year now, and so far I don't plan on changing. I have combination skin and this does well to clean the skin and take off my makeup at the end of the day. It doesn't have a smell to it, and its really gentle on the skin. Since I have combination skin, I usually worry about products drying my face out. Fortunately, this doesn't do that. It also works well to control the oil on my nose. I typically use it at night with an electric cash brush, or with my hands after I finish at the gym. The bottle is pretty large compared to most facial cleansers, so it last a pretty long time. And the pump helps prevent me from using too much. It leaves my skin soft, and I've noticed my face looks smooth overall. This is something I would suggest anyone to try, and for it's price, it's worth a shot.
Marissa O.
Creekside, PA
Who knew that after wasting tons of money on high end brand facial cleansers, a clarisonic etc. The holy grail of my face routine would be sitting on the self at every drug store/grocery store etc. 23 years old and I've suffered with acne since I was a young teenager. I've tried everything, proactive even. Nothing helped. Now of course I still get the occasional hormonal break out. But my skin has never been so clear! Now if only I could find something to use along with this to help even out skin tone and redness. This stuff is amazing and I can't imagine washing my face with anything else daily. This doesn't remove makeup of course. I use coconut oil, pure unrefined as high quality as it gets to remove makeup. Rinse and wash with this.
Emma J.
Elmhurst, IL
This is my go to facial cleanser, and I use it almost every day. I have cystic acne, which I have a prescription for, and my dermatologist told me to continue using Cetaphil to help the process along. It's not drying, gets my face clean, and lasts forever. I also like that it doesn't have any acne medicine in it, because sometimes your face gets overwhelmed when everything you're using has salicylic acid in it. My mom has always sworn by the brand Cetaphil and I can see why. It's easy to get and pretty cheap, and is the only facial cleanser I use. I like to pair it with either a Cetaphil or CeraVe moisturizer and it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean.
Melissa K.
Tulsa, OK
This stuff has absolutely changed my life. I had my first child at 18 and my skin all of sudden changed from great to terrible. I guess from the hormone changes. well needless to say I am now 33 years old and it never got better until finally I tried Cetaphil. After tons of research I found this is the best product for extreme sensitive skin and rosacea. I tried super expensive products and would always give me a chemical burn even if it was made for the most sensitive skin and/or rosacea. My husband compliments me on my now awesome skin every day. It's truly the most amazing face wash. I use this with the Cetaphil moisturizer for sensitive skin.
Cynthia S.
Santa Clarita, CA
So I've heard great things about this product, but I would really like to know if this irritates your skin or dries out your skin? Also if this good for an everyday cleanser?
Morgan S.
Prospect, CT
Does this help with oily skin?
Jo B.
Windsor, MO
This the liquid cleanser better than the bar??
Ashley V.
Marana, AZ
How well does this work for others on keeping acne at bay? I notice there isn't any scrubbies in it and that makes me skeptical.
Lindsay F.
I have been curious about trying this face wash. Does it dry out your skin? Would it be ok for sensitive skin?