BY CESAR

Cesar® Puppy Chicken & Beef Canine Cuisine.

In meaty juices. see more...

Buy on Target*
Katelyn A.
My puppy's breeder (yes, you can judge) gave this to my boy and his littermates as a treat.  She never gave the whole portion - just a few spoonfuls when the puppies needed to take deworming medicine or as something soft to complement their dry food.  I still give my puppy (6 months old) this every few days.  I mix a pumpkin and apple pectin powder into it.  Again, I only give him a few spoonfuls - and then I put the leftovers in a ziplock bag and refrigerate it.  To my knowledge, it has not upset his stomach.  He is always excited for it.

I am not thrilled that it contains meat byproducts and artificial dyes, but my puppy really enjoys the flavor so I feel comfortable feeding it to him in small amounts.  I cautiously say that I would recommend this to dog owners who may have picky eaters (just to get them eating) as a mix-in.  But to be clear, I would not recommend this as a main source of food for a puppy or small dog.  All of this is my own opinion as a seasoned dog owner.  I am not a veterinarian, nor have I studied animal nutrition in any official sense.  However, I do do my "due diligence" when deciding what to feed my dog.
Melissa C.
Middlebrook, VA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Got this for my chihuahua puppies who are beginning to be weaned, I put a small bit on a plate to warm for them, and no more than 2 seconds of being in the microwave the food started to spark? That cannot be safe for puppies to eat...will not be purchasing this for any of my pets any longer.
Maria A.
Los Angeles, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
As I introduced my pup from formula to wet dog food I honestly did not have trouble with him. I got the case at target which is super convenient although my pup is a small Maltipoo he can sure eat. He totally enjoyed the food especially if I mixed in some kibbles for him. Definitely a fan of Cesar's and would buy again.
Maria S.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I have three puppies at the moment and I have to give them almost 2 of these since they still don't have teeth yet. I've been giving this brand to all my puppies so I highly recommend. I will be repurchasing this again.
Sierra L.
Happy Valley, OR
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My Pomeranian loves this food, she goes crazy when she sees a plate because she knows that this will be on it. Since she's a puppy it's so easy for her to eat, and it's a wonderful price! I would absolutely buy her these treats again.
laura b.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
My dog loves these but she can't have them anymore. She has a sensitive liver and can only eat organic now. I have questioned if her years of eating cesar caused it but there is no evidence of that.
Melinda S.
San Diego, CA
When my dog was a pup, he was on this as his only source of food moving from milk to soft solids. I really liked that he was healthy and growing well while on this. Part of me wish I found better food for him when he became an adult. As a pup, this is a great start. My dog's on solid kibbles now, but he doesn't seem to have that sheen on his fur he had when he was on this. I don't know...I mean, I am feeding him vitamins...
Diana J.
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
When I went to look for puppy can food it was hard because all there was, was dog food. Finally I found one and my mom's puppy loves it. I just wish they were more flavors.
Megan B.
Saint Joseph, MO
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
I got these for our puppy when she was starting to eat soft food and she seemed to really enjoy Cesar quite a bit. Although she got it all over her face and made her stink, she was happy and got her belly full! :)
Caiti C.
New berlin , WI
My puppy goes stupid crazy for this wet food. Its not a treat to smell his breath afterward, but he gets so excited to eat it its like the world is going to end.