BY CERAVE

New Developed with Dermatologists Broad Spectrum SPF 30 2 Invisible Zinc 3 Lightweight Oil-Free 4 Water Resistant 5 With Ceramides Niacinamide Developed with dermatologists, CeraVe SPF 30 Sunscreen for Face is like no other sunscreen you ve ever experienced. Enjoy powerful protection from the same zinc oxide trusted by lifeguards and dermatologists, now in a new lightweight formula that spreads easily and dries with a clear finish. Ceramides help repair restore the protective skin barrier. 2 Niacinamide helps the skin produce more natural ceramides and fatty acids essential for repairing and restoring the skin barrier. May also reduce skin redness. High performance, water resistant, suitable for all skin types. CeraVe Sunscreen is perfect for daily use on even the most sensitive skin. Invisible Zinc technology uses a revolutionary naturally sourced micro-fine

CeraVe Suncare Sunscreen Face Lotion SPF 30
  • "This is great for sensitive skin especially if you suffer from eczema. it doesn't have a strong scent and isn't oily." in 243 reviews
  • "I use most skin products by CeraVe, including my face wash, so I tried their sunscreen. I love the sunscreen because it's good for sensitive skin and very gentle. It's close to 20 dollars, if I remember correctly. I would recommend it for anyone with sensitive skin, that wants a gentle, moisturizing sunscreen for their face. " in 62 reviews
Lacie A.
West Jordan , UT
I would give this five stars but...the label is not true to what it says "goes on invisible" it does actually leave that white sunscreen look but it's not super white, it's just a but it's not "invisible," the silver lining in that though is I can never find the right exact skin tone for my foundation, I always have to mix it with a lighter foundation or concealer and the sunscreen I don't have to mix my foundations, and this stuff is actually amazing, I wash my face and I don't need to use a moisturizer I just use this, and it's the BEST primer for your makeup no joke! I go tanning all the time and this stuff seriously protects my face from the tanning bed. It doesn't smell weird and it also doesn't leave that stingy feeling in your eyes haha it lasts all day long, tanning and working out and it keeps my makeup in place after all my crazy routine daily stuffs. So yes highly recommend, but just a word of caution it doesn't come on completely clear but it's not completely white either, personal preference really. Personally I love it, and it's worth the buy, it is a bit pricy but a teeny tiny bit goes a longgg way.
Molly S.
Chattanooga, TN
I have VERY sensitive skin when it comes to sunscreens. Most burn my face (looks like a bad chemical peel) if they get wet in any way, which is tough to prevent during a Tennessee summer. I can use zinc oxide based sunscreens, though, and CeraVe is the best one I have found so far. As a redhead, sunscreen is very important, and this is what I carry around in my bag. The only issue I do have is due to the zinc oxide it's still quite white when applied to the skin. It is the most translucent of all the other brands I have tried, though. On me it's not a big deal, but I imagine it would be very noticeable on someone with darker skin. It doesn't work well under makeup, at all. In the grand scheme of things, I'd rather not wear foundation and have healthy skin than wear foundation and have damaged skin. I wish they made a tinted version of this, so people could wear it more in public and still look nice.
Holly D.
Dickson City, PA
I often find myself thoroughly enjoying the quality of Cerave products, but this one I just don’t love. The product applies nicely, and only has a hint of an off scent (something I can get over because it almost instantly wears off), but then I try to put my makeup over it and it just cakes. It’s the most bizarre thing - this doesn’t happen with my Cerave night time moisturizer at all, and I can easily apply all my makeup over it without an issue in sight. However, this one just doesn’t do it for me, especially when I am purchasing a higher end drugstore brand - in which case I expect better quality.
Widalys E.
Orlando
I received a free sample of this sunscreen to review for My dermatology office. The sunscreen is a Zinc formula so it is a little thicker overall, which made it also seem a little harder to get rubbed in completely. I felt that this thickness made it easy to apply to small areas only. It was easy applying it to the face, but I felt like I really had to work & it was difficult applying to the legs, back, etc. However, coverage was good. I applied only one time daily and is no burn or redness. There was not a strong fragrance, it’s good for people has allergy.
Blythe S.
Kansas City
Purchased at: Walgreens
This is a truly terrible sunscreen, and I’ve tried lots. I had high hopes because of my past luck with other Cerave products. I love that it has ceramides and niacinamide (I gave it an extra star for the excellent extra ingredients, typical for Cerave, and high level of SPF protection). But every time I have tried to apply it, it feels like such a chalky, itchy mask that I am desperate to wash it off. The kicker is that it burns my eyes (I should add that neither my skin and eyes are sensitive). The few times I attempted to apply makeup over this sunscreen, it pilled so badly I had to wash everything off and start over again. The “invisible zinc” claim is also absurd; this is a physical sunscreen so whitecast is inevitable, and Cerave’s is no exception. I have pale olive-toned skin and this makes me look ghostly; I can’t imagine this working on a person of color, especially because you can’t wear foundation over it. Hard pass.
Alexandra A.
garfield, NJ
This sunscreen is a life-saver. I get terrible sun spots when I tan my face and I apply this about every 30 mins when I am in the sun. However I have to give it 3 stars because it leaves my face very white and sticky. Also, I can’t sun bathe for long and I have to go into the water often. Well this burns like crazy if it gets in your eye, I wasn’t able to keep my eyes open. But, it gets its job done. After Long Beach days I have no sun spots!
Jessica D.
Highwood
CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion-love this product! Love knowing its good for your skin, gentle on skin, and giving you good sunscreen protection without unnecessary chemicals. I’m not a huge fan of the scent l, but as it’s unscented and hypoallergenic, there’s nothing to cover it up. Still, amazing and flawless product providing hydration and protection. Plus their products have ceramides in it which never hurts to have!
RENEE M.
Midlothian, VA
While I really enjoyed the sun coverage it provided, this was not something I really enjoyed wearing every day. I bought this with hopes that my melasma would be protected and perhaps lighten. I felt that my sun spots didn’t get darker (a huge plus). But it is really oily and heavy. I wasn’t a huge fan of the smell. I wore this every day during the summer and especially going out in the sun. Makeup feels cakey over top of it.
Ashlee M.
Ventura, CA
After reading many good reviews on this product and having my dermatologist recommend it, I was quick to run to my local Ulta to purchase since it was mandatory that I be using a sunscreen while using tretinoin cream. I stopped using it just after a couple of days because it did not work well with my oily skin at all. I’m a makeup artist and I noticed that my skin was getting extra oily and my foundation was not wearing the same even with primer, set powder and set spray! So I’m disappointed to say it did not work out for me. I gave it three stars because I think it may work well with normal to drier skin.
Xochitl A.
I love this facial sunscreen for everyday use. I live in California and need sun protection all year. This sunscreen has a high spf and goes on smooth. It has a nice smell and it's priced reasonable. It blends well into your face and it can be worn underneath makeup. The bottle might seem small but you only need a little bit of product in each use.
Cindy C.
Roxbury , MA
Does this look white on face and feel thick?
isrA M.
Fuquay Varina, NC
Is it good for oily skin? Does it last all day? Does it feel heavy on the skin?
Madison T.
Raleigh, NC
How does this feel on the skin? Is it heavy?
cathy c.
Fair Oaks, CA
I have used the lotion but is the SPF greasy?
Flora R.
San Francisco, CA
For those with deeper skin tones, does this leave a whitish residue?