CeraVe SPF 50 Sunscreen Face Lotion uploaded by Liliana R.

BY CERAVE #58 in Facial Sunscreen

CeraVe sunscreen, face lotion with SPF 50 with invisible zinc, which delivers its unique dry, clear finish for powerful protection from the sun's damaging rays. It is lightweight and oil free. It is developed with dermatologists. Its UVA/UVB protection shields your skin from the sun, combating sun-inflicted damage. The patented MVE delivery technology ensures a slow, gradual release of these ingredients for all day hydration and comfort. see more...

• I have been wanting to try this sunscreen . Does it feel heavy on...1 Answers
  • I have already bought this product but I was wondering is there a...1 Answers
  • Does it burn your eyes?1 Answers
Buy on Amazon
  • "I am a biologist that works mainly outside in the hot Florida sun. I am also very sensitive to certain sunscreens that I use on my face. CeraVe sunscreen with natural zinc has been a blessing to find. It keeps my face well protected from the sun, and I have no irritation! I use many other CeraVe products and I love them all. I definitely recommend this facial sunscreen." in 27 reviews
  • "CeraVe is one of the only brands I trust on my face since my skin is very finicky. If I'm not breaking out my skin is flaking from dryness. When it came time to find a sunscreen to use on my face I knew this was the brand to go with and it does not disappoint! Love love love CeraVe. [product:cerave-facial-moisturizing-day-lotion]" in 10 reviews
  • "This is the only sunscreen my son can use along with the body wash and regular lotion. But it's amazing. Helps out with a lot of dry skin issues" in 7 reviews
  • "this product is very lightweight and does the job! cerave products are really good for those with dry skin but it also helped my oily skin. i apply it in the morning while i do my skincare routine and under my makeup." in 4 reviews
Miss C.
Nashville
The whitecast is just downright horrible. The oxide settled into my pores and showed like little white freckles. I once applied some before leaving and my friend asked me if I was alright, because I looked like I was “about to faint” - and I’m already a very pale skin tone. The consistency is very hard to spread evenly - it often gunks up amidst oils and dead skin and dirt. The residue ends up in your hair roots and leaves a line around your face. It did not break me out as easily as other sunscreens (I must be sensitive to a common sunscreen ingredient) but it did still break me out. I’m usually ok if I remove this sunscreen within 3 hours of putting it on, but then... when can you ever use it? It dries very talc-y and thick, so it’s not as slippery or runny as other sunscreens, but this comes with its own problems when trying to apply makeup over it. I appreciate the full spectrum, the physical blockers, and the drier formula, but it is still not the perfect sunscreen, and not usable by many people.
Phia M.
Memphis, TN
Yes it's very white on the skin, but it is the only sunscreen that doesn't cause rashes on my son's sensitive face. Prevent sun burns effectively. I'd give it five stars if it were easier to apply. Highly recommended to people with sensitive skin. I love that it fully absorbs into my skin, leaving no greasy or filmy sensation like I've had with other sunscreens, and that it doesn't smell unpleasant at all. It does leave a light cast on my face, but that's nothing a light coat of foundation or powder can't fix, and it's worth it for the mineral sunblock.
Tina U.
Arlington, VA
I love Versace moisturizer but their sunscreen products just aren’t great. This product leaves a white film which would be fine if you weren’t planning on wearing any make up. Make up looks quite horrible over this product. Takes a while to absorb into the skin. Leaves a white film. Good for sun protection just not for daily use if you like wearing make up.
Juliana N.
My skin did not react good with this product. It gave me a massive weird sunburn under my eyes. Every time I used it, it started to instantly burn my face. Pretty bad reaction even had to go to the dermatologist. This may have only happened to me or to a couple, depending on how sensitive the skin is. I’m not saying the product is bad, it just didn’t work on me.
Valerie C.
Lansing, IL
With the CeraVe product I cannot go wrong this doesn't break me out which is why I continue to buy it over and over I've tried other sunscreens to use in my face I would end up having a ton of whiteheads all over breakouts all over my cheeks this product is very light so it doesn't even your skin very greasy
Logan F.
Novi, MI
I like to use high SPF’s on my face because I’m absolutely terrified of getting wrinkles! My dermatologist gave me a sample of this the last time I was there and I have been addicted to it ever since! I even use it in the winter, because yes you can still get sun burnt when there’s snow all over!
Chassidy R.
Florence, SC
Like most CeraVe products, this one worked great for me. I didn’t find that it left my skin greasy like over sunscreens and the scent didn’t stick around with me throughout the day. Overall I think this is an excellent product and definitely worth giving a try. I will be repurchasing.
Bri M.
Jasper
As far as drugstore sunscreens go, this is the best I’ve found for my face. It doesn’t leave your skin feeling oily at all, it rubs in all the way, and it really works! My husband has very sensitive skin, and this is gentle enough for him. Just bought another bottle for this year!
Marianne R.
concord
I struggle with finding a sheer sunscreen to wear under makeup.. or even alone.. that does not leave a white cast or pills. Over the past 15 years i have been on a quest. This is ok. It is not my favorite. I like the spf 50... but even pressing into skin... there is residue.
Katie T.
Mission, KS
This is such a good face sunscreen. It works so well and doesn’t break your skin out at all. It does contain zinc so you’ll want to be sure to apply in front of a mirror or with a friend who can tell you if it’s rubbed in all the way. Expensive but worth every cent.
Lori M.
Does it burn your eyes?
MizFabulousity F.
I have been wanting to try this sunscreen . Does it feel heavy on the face ?
Darlene H.
Los Angeles , CA
I have already bought this product but I was wondering is there any way to stop it from being thick and super white on and around my eyebrows and hairline?thank you.