Cerave Renewing SA Facial Cleanser

Salicylic acid foaming gel cleanser for smooth skin

Is it normal to get blotchy immediately after using if I’m new to using it?
Has anyone with dry/dehydrated skin been able to successfully incorporate this into their regimen? Cerave Renewing SA Facial Cleanser
What are the benefits of this product?
Start your review of Cerave Renewing SA Facial Cleanser!
Product Highlights
Cera ve is very gentle on the skin. It is good for sensitive and reactive skin. It helped clear up my acne.in reviews
...balancing out too! Definitely seeing results fast! After I cleanse, I use the moisturizing lotion from the same brand. I'm loving Cerave products, can't wait to try their other products!in reviews
Ariana R.
Nashville, TN
Cerave Renewing SA Facial Cleanser uploaded by Ariana R.
This product has made a huge difference with the bumps on my face, arms and legs. I’m not sure if you’re supposed to use it like that, but I do. Using in combination with the moisturizer in the line. Would recommend.
Karen R.
Cerave Renewing SA Facial Cleanser uploaded by Karen R.
It doesn't make my face feel dry after using it. I use this in the morning and night and I follow with toner and serums and moisturizers. I don't need to use a lot of this product.I don't know why I bought this product but I heard a lot of good things about it. I know their moisturizers are pretty good because I have tried them before. I have dry skin so this is a good summer cleaner. I picked this product because it removes dirt and oil.
Stacie J.
Coatesville, PA
Cerave Renewing SA Facial Cleanser uploaded by Stacie J.
Purchased at: ULTA
I’ve been using this product for a few weeks now. I purchased it after a really bad break out. (I’ve suffered my whole life with bad acne) Since I’ve started using it, I’ve been acne free! I’m loving it so far. My face feels so clean after I use it! Definitely recommend.
Rachel J.
Northville, MI
Cerave Renewing SA Facial Cleanser uploaded by Rachel J.
Purchased at: Walmart
This is a Salicylic Acid cleansing foam from Cerave. It has a good foamy lather and works well to exfoliate and prevent breakouts. Very good for acne prone skin. Since it exfoliates, it’s best to use only a few nights a week.
Tina I.
Conway, AR
Cerave Renewing SA Facial Cleanser uploaded by Tina I.
Purchased at: Walmart
This is the best cleanser for oily skin. Does not dry out skin. Is very gentle. Leaves my skin feeling clean, smooth, and refreshed.
Marcela T.
Tracy, CA
Cerave Renewing SA Facial Cleanser uploaded by Marcela T.
Purchased at: Target
I love one of my continuous buys for my skincare. I love how it lathers and doesn't strip my skin afterwards. I personally love this product and I have dry skin. I will always buy this face wash for my skin care one of my favorites.
Grabiela R.
Montrose, CO
Cerave Renewing SA Facial Cleanser uploaded by Grabiela R.
Purchased at: Walmart
I started using this cleanser a few months ago to try and help treat my maskne I’ve been having. I would use this every other day and at first it helped and my acne was getting better but then, I noticed it wasn’t doing anything so I began using it more often and it ended up really irritating my skin. I stopped using for awhile then tried it again and my skin got really irritated after one use. I think my skin developed a sensitivity to salicylic acid and I haven’t used it since. I hate to rate this product so low because I love so many other Cerave products, but this one didn’t work for me.
Natalie L.
Purchased at: Target
My dermatologist recommended the SA lotion to put on my skin where I had KP. I didn't love it, and I had to use a different lotion where I had eczema, so I just switched to this cleanser. I usually use this on areas where I have KP and where I get razor burn on my legs. (Yes I see they have a body wash of this now and I want it!) However it's stopped working as well recently and I'm going to try a scrub, probably first aid beauty's kp scrub. I do occasionally use this on my face. It's a clear gel, but foams into a white cream on use. It washes without irritating and I like it, I just prefer Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser. I also wish they listed how much salicylic acid was in it. This is a good gentle cleanser for sensitive acne prone skin, as is the foaming cleanser. It's a good price, a little goes a long way and it lasts a long time. But if you really struggle with acne you might need something more geared towards that. For some reason influenster stops us at 500 and I'm currently at my limit. Even if I can no longer follow back, I read my followers posts. I like their posts, answer questions, and answer polls first.
Aaliyah H.
Little Rock, AR
Cerave Renewing SA Facial Cleanser uploaded by Aaliyah H.
Purchased at: ULTA
I’ve been using this since this cleanser since the middle of August (now I’m on my 2nd bottle). So far, I’ve gone through the obvious changes since incorporating salicylic acid into my skincare routine. Initially this made me breakout, badly. My face was red & lumpy, kinda deepened in color around the perimeter of my face. I was mortified. (I already had bad acne before using it, but the new acne was absolutely horrible & painful). Then — my face was smoother, softer, my rosacea didn’t flare up as much. When I breakout, it brings it to a head & doesn’t leave dark marks behind. I’ve been using this as a part of my nighttime routine & I’m definitely noticing the small, positive changes. I have sensitive skin & hormonal acne, so I’m not expecting a miracle. So far, I’m happy I picked up this cleanser & I will continue to use it 😊.
Lexie C.
Eagle Pass, TX
Cerave Renewing SA Facial Cleanser uploaded by Lexie C.
Purchased at: Walmart
This product is perfectly formulated . It is true to its gentle cleansing , no irritation no fragrance. As a person that suffers from large pores , acne cystic prone finding a cleanser especially an exfoliate that doesn’t cause break outs is almost impossible . With large pores dirt constantly gets stuck, so exfoliating is key not just cleansing . And even though I still get minor break outs the redness is reduced by a lot . It does leave your face smooth and I noticed a much even skin tone while using . Also consistency is key ! I loved it .

325 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
T C.
Mississauga
il y a 7 jours
Jen B. il y a 7 jours
I’ve been curious about this cleanser as well. Might have to give it a try myself. Thank you for asking this question!!
SarahandSahara A.
il y a 16 jours
Laurel G. il y a 14 jours
I would suggest starting off with the cleanser! If you have very oily skin you could try both products. Just make sure to only use both products once a day! & don’t use salicylic acid lotion or retinol product in a routine with the cleanser or serum!
Jada H.
Halifax
il y a 25 jours
Cerave Renewing SA Facial Cleanser is it worth the hype? I’ve struggled with my skin for a long time and I’m hoping this can help me.
Shannon C. il y a 25 jours
This stuff is actually really good especially if you have sensitive skin.
Ivana A.
Kissimmee , FL
il y a 2 mois
reese P. il y a 2 mois
personally, i like the foaming one better.