BY CERAVE

New Helps Gently Cleanses Exfoliates While Softening Smoothing Skin Developed with Dermatologists 2 For Normal Skin 3 With Salicylic Acid, Ceramides 4 Non-Comedogenic, Non-Drying, Non-Irritating New CeraVe Renewsing SA Cleanser exfoliates and detoxifies to remove dirt and oil while softening and smoothing skin. Unlike some exfoliating cleansers, CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser contains no harsh beads or grains and is gentle on skin. It better prepares skin for essential hydration by helping to slough off dead skin cells while cleansing. And, like all CeraVe Products, it hydrates and helps restore skin s protective barrier. Helps detoxify and exfoliate to remove dirt and oil. Salicylic acid helps soften and smooth skin. 3 essential ceramides help repair the skin barrier. Enriched with antioxidant vitamin D. Gentle and non-drying. Non-comedogenic and non-irritating. Fragrence see more...

• Does salicylic acid help acne??? Is this better than the ...1 Answers
  • I have rosacea and struggle with bouts of redness and bum...1 Answers
  • Is this a gentle cleanser? I like that is has salicylic a...4 Answers
CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser, 8 fl oz
  • "Cera ve is very gentle on the skin. It is good for sensitive and reactive skin. It helped clear up my acne." in 93 reviews
  • "A+! My skin's either clear or it's having a breakout/flareup. Unfortunately, my skin's isn't clear at the moment. I suffer from rough skin, little clear bumps, and whiteheads. I tried the foaming facial cleanser first, but I like this one more! Both are great though! This one's really clearing up my acne and bumps. It's also starting to even out my skin tone. The PH level of my skin is balancing out too! Definitely seeing results fast! After I cleanse, I use the moisturizing lotion from the same brand. I'm loving Cerave products, can't wait to try their other products!" in 16 reviews
Alaina F.
Saint Louis, MO
I love my Cerave foaming cleanser, but had never tried this because I always thought it was for a different skin type than mine. I might just be out of it, but I didn’t know the “SA” meant “salicylic acid,” so when I figured that out(duh) I became excited to use try this on my acne-prone skin. I think that if you have texture issues outside of acne, this cleanser would be a great option for you, but it didn’t do much for my pimples like I wanted it to. It felt nice and didn’t irritate my skin more, but it didn’t help with my acne. The percentage of salicylic acid in the cleanser is not disclosed, so I don’t think it’s as much as normal 2% acne washes. Not at all a bad product, just not what I need in a SA(see me using it now?) cleanser!
Samaria A.
Acworth, GA
Seeing that it's dermatologist tested, I assumed more from the product. The first time I used it, my skin was great. After using it every night for a week, my face hit a standstill. It was still soft, but they never actually reduced the size of the pearl-like bumps near my near my nose. I started to use it both day and night, but there still was no improvement. After a while, my skin begin to dry, dull, I had lines start showing up, and I even started to breakout! I stopped using the product altogether for about 2 weeks. Mind you: I was still applying my normal moisturizer while using this. My skin didn't return to normal as much, but I don't think I'll ever go back to this product. I do have sensitive combination skin
Nataly C.
Gibsonton, FL
If I chould give this Cleanser more stars I would it has completely change the texture and the glow of my skin my skin is more radiant my acne is completely Acne Free and my pores I’ve shrunk down in size Whenever my acne starts to flare I use it and by the next day it has gone down tremendously in size this cleanser is not drying and it gives you a very good squeaky clean finish I suffered from a lot of pigmentation Due to acne And using this cleanser along with a charcoal exfoliation it has dramatically faded the pigmentation of my previous acne I am super happy with my skin and I owe it to this cleanser.
Dan M.
Great product! I suffered a horrible acne breakout a few years ago, now im trying to get my skin back to normal and this cleanser did just that. It controls my breakouts and i feel my skin is smoother. I only gave it 4 stars because the formula is for “Normal” skin and i could not find one for my usually dry/combo skin.

I feel that on my dryer days it did make my skin feel a tiny bit tight but a good moisturizer usually helped this problem, and it did leave my skin looking shiny at times... but overall if you have “Normal” skin then this is a great option, dry skin users might not find it appealing.
Enedina C.
Manteca
I needed a new cleanser since I started to get some breakouts, I saw this at Target and saw that it had salicylic acid. I've been using it for a week now and have noticed that my skin has gotten dry. My skin type is normal, not oily or dry. My forehead was starting to look like a desert so I decided to stop using it. I did see an improvement in clearing my acne.  If it wasn't so drying it would have been better. If you have oily skin then this would be for you. It did make my skin dry but I didn't notice any extra oil production which is good. I will keep it just on certain area where acne starts. Took off a star because it was drying.
Danielle K.
I have really sensitive skin that is unfortunately also prone to blackheads. Lots of the trendy washes with beads etc only make my skin freak out. So after lots of searching around for the best option for my skin. This is my go to. I think it’s meant more as a body wash 🤷🏼‍♀️ But I use it on my face. It’s light and gentle similar to cetaphils facial cleanser, but the SA helps to keep my skin smooth and decrease blackheads and pimples. ❤️
Katherine B.
I use this as the second step in my double cleanse, which I do at least once daily. I’d always associated salicylic acid with the effect of drying out the skin and primarily chose this product on reviews and the niacinamide content (for brightening vs. oil control). I’m not sure how much of a difference either ingredient makes in terms of active benefit, given what a short period cleansers are in touch with skin, but this has become my tried and true. I’ve always liked CeraVe products for their simplicity and effectiveness and this one is no different. It is sulfate free, non-irritating, and has not made my combo-normal/dry (seasonal) skin feel stripped at all. Furthermore, when used after oil cleansing, I like knowing the SA is able to penetrate the pore and clean it out, if even for a minute.
Leonora A.
Seattle
This product is easy to find at almost any drugstore, target, even Ulta! It got rid of a horrible breakout I was having. This face wash doesn’t dry out my skin or give it that tight feeling. It’s affordable and doesn’t break the bank. There is not strong smell to it so anyone can use it. Will be purchasing this again. Will recommend this to anyone looking for a new affordable facial cleanser.
Christina K.
Whitestone, NY
I bought this because I thought it could be a dupe for the murad cleanser. While it is similar this has a thicker texture than the murad which is a little waterier. It is a good cleanser to use as a second cleanse. It doesn’t dry out my skin. I don’t think the salicylic acid in this was enough to help with my acne, but it did a good job at cleaning my skin.
Chace J.
I used this cleanser for a couple of months and loved it. I liked that it exfoliated my skin and kept it smooth. This face wash in conjunction with shea butter really helped improve my acne scarring. It got my face clean without stripping it. I'm not sure what happened, but my skin suddenly started becoming irritated by this cleanser. I went from being able to use it once daily to only being able to use it 1 or 2 times a week. Using it too much made me form little bumps, and I guess it was due to over exfoliation. I still really like this cleanser, but it's something I only use occasionally now. Also, this can be a bit drying if you are not hydrating and moisturizing your face correctly. I do recommend it if you're looking for a good chemical exfoliator.
Charnay R.
Smyrna, GA
Is this a gentle cleanser? I like that is has salicylic acid in it but I don't want a cleanser that will irritate my skin.
Staci T.
Kansas City, MO
Is this safe for sensitive skin?
becca g.
Ontario
How is this for oily/acne prone skin types?
Jayme Y.
geneseo, NY
Does salicylic acid help acne??? Is this better than the flaming facial cleanser?
Leslie Anne B.
Macon, GA
I have rosacea and struggle with bouts of redness and bumps. My skin has a tendency to lean towards the dry side, but occasionally oils up. Has any one with similar skin issues used this product with positive results? I currently use cetaphil cleanser because it's not harsh, but I don't feel like I see any results. Thanks!