BY CERAVE

New Helps Gently Cleanses Exfoliates While Softening Smoothing Skin Developed with Dermatologists 2 For Normal Skin 3 With Salicylic Acid, Ceramides 4 Non-Comedogenic, Non-Drying, Non-Irritating New CeraVe Renewsing SA Cleanser exfoliates and detoxifies to remove dirt and oil while softening and smoothing skin. Unlike some exfoliating cleansers, CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser contains no harsh beads or grains and is gentle on skin. It better prepares skin for essential hydration by helping to slough off dead skin cells while cleansing. And, like all CeraVe Products, it hydrates and helps restore skin s protective barrier. Helps detoxify and exfoliate to remove dirt and oil. Salicylic acid helps soften and smooth skin. 3 essential ceramides help repair the skin barrier. Enriched with antioxidant vitamin D. Gentle and non-drying. Non-comedogenic and non-irritating. Fragrence see more...

• What % SA is in this?1 Answers
  • Did this clear up anyone's acne? How about scars?3 Answers
CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser, 8 fl oz
  • "Cera ve is very gentle on the skin. It is good for sensitive and reactive skin. It helped clear up my acne." in 93 reviews
  • "A+! My skin's either clear or it's having a breakout/flareup. Unfortunately, my skin's isn't clear at the moment. I suffer from rough skin, little clear bumps, and whiteheads. I tried the foaming facial cleanser first, but I like this one more! Both are great though! This one's really clearing up my acne and bumps. It's also starting to even out my skin tone. The PH level of my skin is balancing out too! Definitely seeing results fast! After I cleanse, I use the moisturizing lotion from the same brand. I'm loving Cerave products, can't wait to try their other products!" in 16 reviews
Amber S.
Abingdon
Purchased at: Target
HOLY GRAIL FACE WASH FOR ACNE!!!!!!
I've tried many things for my acne. Proactive to all the face washes the store could offer. Nothing helped. I like that this has 3% salicylic acid. This has no fragrance and is gentle. It has a decent foam, you dont need too much. I've been using this morning and night for the past week and the pic speaks for itself! I follow up with my CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Night Lotion. These two together are great! It's a little pricey for me but well worth it!! 😁😁😁😁
Brittany B.
I have boughten 100s of high end and drugstore cleansers and this is the best one! I double cleanse, so I use a makeup removing oil and then I use this cleanser. This leaves my skin feeling clean but not stripped or dry. Some CeraVe leaves residue and this one does not. It foams up nicely and I really enjoy this with the SA to lightly exfoliate and prevent breakouts. Will repurchase!
Elizabeth G.
Kokomo
This is the best cleanser for oily skin across the board that i have found. I have combo skin, normal on the permitter and oily in the t-zone. This cleanser helps take away the things your face doesn't need but it does not strip all the good things from your skin. This cleanser truly makes my skin feel clean and balanced.
Amanda H.
Bellevue, KY
Purchased at: Target
I have unfortunately started dealing with acne as a 25 year old. I have what is deemed to be hormonal breakouts that are cystic and mostly around my chin and jaw. I already use tretinoin cream (from dermatologist) and alternate a hydrating cleanser and aha cleanser at night. I use the SA cleanser first thing in the morning as a “contact” of salicylic acid for the day to control breakouts before I put on moisturizer and makeup. It starts as a liquid and lathers into the SOFTEST foam ever. I look forward to putting this on my face every morning because it is so soft and gentle. When I’m done, I don’t feel any irritation or excessive dryness. Because of the other strong products/ingredients in my regimen I cannot speak to its effectiveness but it’s just so darn pleasant to use I had to write a review!
Lara M.
I am dinging this one a few stars unfortunately. I do like this product, it removes a lot of oil and dirt buildup. However, it markets itself as really clean and simple and yet it has multiple ingredients that simply don't belong on anyone's face. I do give it some stars though as it is an effective product.
Samaria A.
Acworth, GA
Seeing that it's dermatologist tested, I assumed more from the product. The first time I used it, my skin was great. After using it every night for a week, my face hit a standstill. It was still soft, but they never actually reduced the size of the pearl-like bumps near my near my nose. I started to use it both day and night, but there still was no improvement. After a while, my skin begin to dry, dull, I had lines start showing up, and I even started to breakout! I stopped using the product altogether for about 2 weeks. Mind you: I was still applying my normal moisturizer while using this. My skin didn't return to normal as much, but I don't think I'll ever go back to this product. I do have sensitive combination skin
Ivy N.
Waite Hill, OH
Purchased at: CVS
I use this every day and night to cleanse my face with! It has gotten rid of 75% of my bacterial acne and helps reduce my hormonal acne during my period. It is a little drying so I recommend using some sort of moisturizer afterwards to avoid stripping your moisture barrier!
Rebecca L.
This is my new holy grail cleanser! The first time I used it I immediately noticed that my skin was softer and smoother.  It's a very gentle, gel cleanser that removes makeup very well.  It improved my rosacea and my acne.  10/10 would recommend!
Dan M.
Great product! I suffered a horrible acne breakout a few years ago, now im trying to get my skin back to normal and this cleanser did just that. It controls my breakouts and i feel my skin is smoother. I only gave it 4 stars because the formula is for “Normal” skin and i could not find one for my usually dry/combo skin.

I feel that on my dryer days it did make my skin feel a tiny bit tight but a good moisturizer usually helped this problem, and it did leave my skin looking shiny at times... but overall if you have “Normal” skin then this is a great option, dry skin users might not find it appealing.
Logan S.
Toledo, OH
I like to use this cleanser at night because it exfoliates and deep cleans my pores. With some of my other cleansers, when I use my toner the cotton pad will have makeup still on it, but never with this. I love the way my face feels after this cleanser! It’s so smooth and bright.

It has salicylic acid in it which helps tremendously to stop breakouts. I have somewhat sensitive skin and this has never irritated it. Also their products are non-comedogenic which is so important in skincare products.

I also can use this with my Clarisonic.
Charnay R.
Smyrna, GA
Is this a gentle cleanser? I like that is has salicylic acid in it but I don't want a cleanser that will irritate my skin.
Staci T.
Kansas City, MO
Is this safe for sensitive skin?
Amber S.
Abingdon
Did this clear up anyone's acne? How about scars?
Mallory K.
Sullivan, OH
CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser, 8 fl oz I took a break from taking birth control to let my hormones do their thing and now I have cystic acne all across my chin and my cheeks. I need something that won't dry out my skin (I have combination skin - oily t zone and normal/dry everywhere else) and will help take care of my acne and/or prevent it. Would this be one to start out with or the  CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser ? Or if anyone has other suggestions I'm open to it!
Lenka C.
I get very bad chest acne. will this clear it up? I'm desperate to find a good product that works well :(