CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser

by CeraVe

Exfoliation is key for healthy, smooth skin. We recommend a salicylic acid cleanser as a gentle way to exfoliate. In addition to effectively cleansing the skin to remove oil, dirt and makeup, this multi-tasking product also helps sweep away dead cells, improves dryness and softens rough skin. A salicylic acid cleanser enhanced with barrier-strengthening ingredients like ceramides such as CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser can yield even better benefits by helping keep moisture in the skin while keeping irritants out.

CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser provides gentle, non-irritating exfoliation without harsh microbeads or grains that can scratch or injure the skin. Suitable for the face and body as well as acne-prone and psoriasis-prone skin, this salicylic acid cleanser does more than just exfoliate skin—it softens and helps restore the skin’s natural barrier with three essential ceramides, hydrates with hyaluronic acid and soothes the skin with niacinamide. This formula is also non-comedogenic, fragrance-free and enriched with vitamin D for extra antioxidant protection.

• Effectively cleanses to remove dirt, oil and makeup
  • Salicylic acid exfoliates for soft, smooth skin
  • Enriched with vitamin D for antioxidant protection
  • Ceramides: Essential for healthy skin, ceramides help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
  • Hyaluronic acid: This ingredient attracts hydration to the skin’s surface and helps the skin retain moisture
  • Niacinamide: Helps repair a compromised skin barrier while improving the appearance of the skin
  • Non-comedogenic, non-irritating and fragrance-free
  • Developed with dermatologists

Ingredients: Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Niacinamide, Gluconolactone, Sodium Methylcocoyl Taurate, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Salicylic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Benzoate, Zea Mays Oil, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cholecalciferol, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide

Usage:

• Wet skin with lukewarm water
  • Massage cleanser into skin in a gentle, circular motion
  • Rinse

I have had issues in the past with cleansers feeling like there’s a film left on my skin after washing it off, does this one come off easy?
Is this good for dry skin types who are prone to acne as well?
I have sensitive, very dry, and acne prone skin and I also use the differin acne gel but looking for a cleanser with saclilyc acid in it to help acne that wont bother or Dry put my skin more and considering this one, do u think this would be good with my skin type? Also would it be ok to use with the differin acne gel too?
Start your review of CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“Cera ve is very gentle on the skin. It is good for sensitive and reactive skin. It helped clear up my acne.” in 93 reviews
“...balancing out too! Definitely seeing results fast! After I cleanse, I use the moisturizing lotion from the same brand. I'm loving Cerave products, can't wait to try their other products!” in 16 reviews
Reading, PA
Purchased at: Target
I got this cleanser as I have been having major acne, irritation, and redness from a messed up hormone level from a thyroid problem and nothing worked to clear it up. I have very Dry, sensitive, and acne prone skin and most acne washes are harsher for my skin and dry me out too much and I love most cerave products I've tried and regularly use and love the hydrating cleanser and the PM moisturizing lotion. But this one for me was a miss, this didnt dry my face out too much more which was surprising but I think it was a bit too harsh for me, I used it 2-3 weeks hoping it was just a beginning reaction til my skin got used to it but it didnt improve. My face didnt get better at all plus it got redder and more irritated as long as I was using this cleanser so I stopped using it and within a few days my face started to improve so I know this was making it worse. It cleansed my skin good and the value for the price is great but just didnt work for my skin type. So I'd say if u have very Dry and very sensitive skin be cautious and spot test it first like I should have done. It has alot of other good reviews so I'd say it's still good to try but just make sure to spot teat first and if u have normal or more oily skin I think ud be better off.
CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser uploaded by MARYMARGARETTE G.
CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser uploaded by MARYMARGARETTE G.
Purchased at: CVS
This is by far the very best salicylic avne-oily skin wash I have ever used. It's gentle but super effective. It makes your skin feel squeaky clean without feeling tight or dry. Its just the perfect concoction for my skin. It cleans it thoroughly, it keeps blackheads and whiteheads away and it keeps your skin feeling firm and wonderfully smooth. CeraVe has awesome products. I just am getting to some of them and they are truly amazing and they give you five times as much as that's a Neutrogena and they're less expensive. I'm a fan. I literally don't have a DOT or a spot on my face because the soap work so well. By buying that you'll be doing yourself a favor It Last Forever and your skin will within a month start to look fabulous. When I do get a little dry which is very unusual in the summer but should it happen I use CeraVe facial moisturizing lotion Ultra lightweight oil-free I guess three essential ceramides in it somewhere between and hyaluronic acid. Between using this and the facial moisturizing lotion my skin has not looked better.
One of my holy grails right now. It cleared up so much of my acne. I only breakout one or two pimples now when it's about my time of the month. I noticed also with consistent use (I use this every other night after a cleansing oil) that the texture of my skin has gotten considerably softer and smooth. It's beyond any smooth that I have experienced before. It's so gentle. It's fragrance free and also easy to bring for travel. For me, the 2% salicylic acid in this is effective in getting rid of one of the worst acne breakouts I had. I would definitely repurchase again. Very impressed!
Pacoima
CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser uploaded by Yasmin N.
Purchased at: Amazon
I always end up stealing products from my sister but This one My sister saw good reviews on it and since she deals with acne she decided to give it a try but I honestly can’t speak on her behalf because she’s always putting things on her face and I feel like her face honestly is tired of it and she also always eating junk food but I honestly think It was really helping at the time That I started using it and would honestly recommend you try it out J can’t guarantee it with work with your skin type but give it a try :) !! CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser
Wheat Ridge, CO
I’m half way through my current bottle I just bought. I bought this cleanser attempting to find a good acne cleanser with salicylic acid that doesn’t dry out or strip my skin. This cleanser compared to other SA or acne medication products is not as drying and is good for price point but if you use this for more than 30-60 sec it can leave you’re face a little tight but not as much as other SA products great cleanser but if you’re looking for a completely non drying salicylic acid cleanser look at the La Roche-Posay salicylic cleansers
Austin, TX
I love CeraVe and this product is just meh in their lineup. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's also not special. It cleans facial skin and the back fine, but I don't think it actually does anything for acne. I've seen better results combining their foaming facial cleanser and spot treatments. I think it's because the salicylic acid doesn't stay on the skin long enough to do anything. The pros: scent, dye, and irritant free. The cons: not powerful enough on acne.
Purchased at: Amazon
I use this as my second cleanse at night, during the months of March to October, as my skin is more oily during the warmer months. So, after I oil cleanse my makeup off, I use this to clean off any leftover oil, makeup, etc. Also, this contains salycilic acid, which breaks through the sebum, to get to the pores. Sometimes, I let this sit on my skin for a few minutes, as an acid treatment, once or twice/week. It is very effective and doesn't cost a fortune.
charlotte
Purchased at: Amazon
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I have acne prone, oily skin and it’s hard finding a product that prevents my acne but doesn’t dry my face out. This product along with the Cerave rough and bumpy skin lotion will have your skin looking flawless. Tips: I’ve been using this products for about 3 months now, my face last dried out like twice. When it did I washed my face then applied aloe Vera oil and waited until the next day to start back with my regiment.
Salinas , CA
I love this product! I have sensitive super dry skin kind of like the Sahara desert lol I love that it doesn’t have any sent since that is the major problem I find with other cleansing products which triggers an allergic reaction to my skin always!! This product is super delicate sometimes I do get a little tingle sensation but I know it’s because is working on my ugly blemishes! Well what I wanted to say is that I do recommend it for any skin type!!
N Salt Lake, UT
CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser uploaded by Amelia Y.
Purchased at: Amazon
This cleanser is the key to getting keratosis pilaris (aka KP or chicken skin) under control. I use this a couple times a week in the areas where my KP is the worst, let it sit for a few minutes, and then rinse. I have a fairly bad case of KP, and even though the little bumps are still visible (but reduced from what it was) they are smooth and not bumpy. For those with a more mild case, it could probably come close to completely clearing those bumps off. Definitely recommend, and this is a need for winter skin care when KP can get worse.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Atwater, CA
5 months ago
Ian K. • 5 months ago
It’s great for acne! I can’t say it’s good or bad for taking makeup off, I’ve never tried.