Add a Photo

#14 in Lotion

Type of skin:
Normal to dry

Areas of concern:
Dry skin, itchy skin, National Eczema Association accepted, psoriasis prone skin

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Photos (88)
Kelly H.
Kelly H.
Berkeley, CA
Best moisturizer hands down. I have very dry skin and was constantly looking for a new and better moisturizer. I kept trying 60-100 dollar fancy moisturizers that promised hydrated refreshed skin but none ever really held my attention. When I was prescribed topical acne medicine they recommended this to apply beforehand to counteract the drying effect of my new medicine and it has worked amazingly. At first I was underwhelmed given the price ( I like many others thought subconsciously that the more you pay the better the product) and the packaging but I noticed a huge difference after 2 weeks. My skin was hydrated and plump but also soft. When I stopped using it during travel my skin became texturized in the worst way possible. From now on I will never be without it and you cant beat the price. If you have more oily skin and don't want the highly thick consistency that the cream offers they also do a moisturizing lotion which comes in a bottle with a pump, something the cream lacks as it is in a jar.
Also if you are worried about contamination given the open jar form of the cream I recommend buying the smaller ones so you can go through it faster and theres less time for bacteria to build up though Ive had no problems with this before.
It also works well for a body lotion given the price point and the highly moisturizing effect.
Rebecca N.
Rebecca N.
Cumming, GA
I purchased this when my daughter was 2 and was having such awful atopic eczema which we later found out was due to food allergies..we tried every lotion on the shelves, specialty, and prescriptions but nothing worked and she was in pain because of the strong ingredients & contant itching. Her pedi finally sent us to an allergist and she told us to use @CeraVe every day and night and as many times in between. She is 4 now and we still use it daily, but just 2-3 times a day. It's not greasy nor leaves a residue. At first it did burn slightly because of the low amount of Hyaluronic Acid in the cream but she's so used to it, it doesn't burn her at all. I'm so grateful to @CeraVe for creating a product that truly has given my daughter confidence to wear her skirts, shorts and t-shirts. It's made my anxiety so much better knowing she's not continuously scratching to the point of getting staph.
Run out and by any of @CeraVe products! Body wash,lotion, moisturizer & sunscreen I NEED to TRY!!
Erica S.
Erica S.
HOOKED FROM THE VERY 1ST USE* Wish i could fill my tub up with it & bathe in it :) I've never been a big fan of face moisturizers or creams. They ALWAYS either broke me out or left my face looking shiny & greasy, even if it was oil free. I've used high end products and drugstore products and everything inbetween without any luck, until using CeraVe. It's been about a month since I first purchased it and now it's my absolute favorite of all time face & body cream. Usually a body cream shouldn't be used for your face. It's too thick & sometimes has fragrances or ingredients that could irritate it but CeraVe is nothing like that. There is no scent, non-comedogenic and non-irritanting. It is thick but not heavy and never greasy at all. I also have eczema on my elbows & this is the only thing that works. I don't like taking medications, even tropicals if can be avoided so I am extremely interested awe of this product. I got my whole family, literally, to use this & about 4 of my friends.
Chessa C.
Chessa C.
Oh my god I honestly cannot say enough good things about this moisturizer! Since I was a baby I'd struggled with severe eczema (had staph when I was a year or so old, chronically dry, the itchiest kid you've ever seen) and it got to a point where my skin was so dry it literally started flaking off and disintegrating (it happened to be my neck skin so it was highly visible and I would get a few concerned comments). I'd tried so many different creams and lotions and ointments, ranging from drugstore products to prescription steroids. CeraVe, however, was what (FINALLY) did the trick. Within a few days (maybe a week?) my flaking skin had gotten almost completely better (certainly better than it had ever been) and continues to help me-- I've been using it for four years so far and I still absolutely adore it. Not greasy whatsoever but intensely hydrating and works for moisturizing literally anything, including face, hands, body, etc. Absolutely life-saving.
Kerrie S.
Kerrie S.
Pensacola, FL
I have not received any of this product for free for any reason, nor have I been paid to write this review.

I was incredibly hesitant to buy this because of the price, but I had never heard of a ceramide an I'm always desperate enough for relief that I'll try anything new. This cream FAR exceeded my expectations. I have Ichthyosis Vulgaris, and I LOVE CeraVe cream. I have never said I love a lotion. Ever! This makes my lizard-like skin feel silky smooth and helps to keep my skin so moist that when I shower, I can exfoliate my skin much easier, resulting in legitimately SMOOTH skin. Also, the snow when I take off my clothes? Gone!! It's like new skin.

I see some other folks saying it is thick and hard to put on, and I can totally see that. I find it goes on easier after a shower, but I wouldn't change one thing. It's perfect for someone with skin as awful as mine. For those who don't want the thickness, try the lotion instead of the cream. :)
Charlene C.
Charlene C.
San Bernardino, Ca
When I first purchased this years ago, it came in a tub where I would have to scoop out the product with my fingers. I was not a huge fan of that since the product would get under my long nails. When i ran out, I did not repurchase for that reason. However, I liked the product. A few months ago, I went to Walmart and noticed they came out with new packaging -- a little tub with a pump. SO CONVENIENT. I purchased right away from Costco for a significantly lower price than Walmart. I really love this product during the Winter because it is very moisturizing. I sometimes use it for my face and it helps relieve the dry patches. I use to apply it daily and it eventually got rid of my dry patches but it was such a heavy product that I did not want to risk clogging my pores any more. Also, I noticed my face gets pretty oily after hours of having this cream on. I have now limited the application to just the dry patches or full coverage once a week.
Madeline G.
Madeline G.
Anchorage, AK
My skin gets really dry and itchy in the winter and my the backs of my hands turn red, crack, and burn. I've been using Nivea Cream for my hands and that seems to relieve symptoms but doesn't do any healing. Nothing I've found as helped my dry, itchy legs and I had kind of given up on body lotion completely. Then I heard about this and as soon as I saw 'hyaluronic acid" as an ingredient, I knew it was worth trying. Skin feels smooth and soft and non-greasy! As for the alcohols another reviewer mentioned, they are the "good"/"fatty" alcohols, not the drying ones - so they're safe. I don't use this on my face because I'm acne-prone and don't put anything on my face that wasn't specifically made for faces - plus, I have good regimen down already.
Simone M.
Simone M.
I adore this lotion. I never thought I liked lotion, and had tried possibly 10+ different kinds over the years, and quickly stopped using most over a distaste for the greasy feel left behind.
Within a few minutes of applying CeraVe, my skin is velvety soft, yet no longer slick. It leaves no greasy feeling on my face, and I can use it on my feet and legs in the winter before putting on socks or tights and I'll still have soft, moisturized skin when I remove them.
The only small detractor is that right over my lip will get funky feeling if I apply it there and then sweat. I imagine if I were to exercise AFTER putting this on, a similar thing might happen, so I'd just advise against applying pre-workout.
Candy B.
Candy B.
Sahuarita, AZ
I have dry skin so I'm always on the market for a good moisturizer. This one has rave reviews so I definitely had to try it! And the final verdict? I'm not a fan. The texture is quite heavy and takes too long to soak up. And when it does, it leaves an greasy-like film on your face. (Not good for those days I want to wear makeup.) This is definitely a better choice as a nighttime moisturizer because of its cream, heavier hydration consistency. The formula also didn't work well with my skin and broke me out quite heavily. I used it a bit before realizing this and can understand how many people love this product. Very hydrating, just not for my personal preference and face type. Works good for body.
Emily G.
Emily G.
Well I'm sold. I've been reading review after review about how great this cream is and I finally bought it. I have to say even though it is on the pricier drugstore buy, it is well worth it. And lasts for a good while. I'm also glad this is developed by dermatologist and is just a simple cream that works well. It's not fussy. And my skin feels great.

The winters where I live are brutal and my skin is so sensitive and dry during this time. Although I love a good fragranced cream or lotion, there comes a time when you just need a little first aid for your skin and something simple and basic. It's great for my face and body.

I think this is going to be my new go to cream.
Cindy S.
Cindy S.
Litchfield Pk, AZ
Do you use Cerave for both morning and night?
Wajiha F.
Wajiha F.
Does this cream absorb quickly ?
Amber H.
Amber H.
Cudahy, WI
Does this product work well with oily skin?
Gladys R.
Gladys R.
MIAMI, FL
Is this good for combination skin? I have acne but my fave is also dry in some areas. Does it feel very moisturizing? I'm using the Cerave facial moisturizing lotion and it doesn't feel too moisturizing. Is this one better?
Ashley H.
Ashley H.
Marion, NC
I have very sensitive skin. Does this moisturizer cause you to break out?