BY CERAVE #3 in Facial Moisturizers

Type of skin:
Normal to dry

Areas of concern:
Dry skin, itchy skin, National Eczema Association accepted, psoriasis prone skin

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

• How good does this work? I have dry red skin on my face and also ...4 Answers
  • Do you use Cerave for both morning and night? 25 Answers
  • Does it help with eczema/dry itchy red skin on face? 2 Answers
Megs M.
Milwaukee, WI
Perfect for dry, flaky and especially sensitive skin!!! There is no fragrance or harsh chemicals so it works perfectly on my dry and sensitive skin. It doesn’t leave an oily residue like some cream moisturizers and instead dries down pretty quickly while still keeping you moisturized. I use this every morning to add a light amount of moisture to my skin that won’t end up making me look shiny. Comes in a HUGE container, will last you for a long time!
Katrina M.
Connecticut
I have been using Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel but I live in the Northeast so my skin suffers in the winter time. The gel wasn't cutting it for my dry and flaky face so I decided to pick up this at Target! I'm a few days in and it works so well. It soaks in faster than any other moisturizer I've ever used. I highly recommend if you need something thick but not oily! I was nervous that it would clog my pores but that hasn't been the case.  CeraVe Moisturizing Cream for the winter win!
Sheela V.
My HG. I have been using this on my body for years but I have never before put it on my face (don't really know why...) I decided to revamp my routine and cute everything out except cleanser, moisturizer, and SPF but I felt like my Cerave PM was just a little too light to use on its own. I slathered the Cerave cream on my face and it is seriously amazing! It feels moisturizing without feeling too thick and my skin just soaks it up! I woke up the next morning and my skin felt more radiant than it has in so long. I don't know why I haven't been using it on my face this whole time!
Bern A.
KATY
Ever since I was little, Aveeno has been the only thing that ever worked on my dry, irritated, itchy excema skin. I don’t know if it’s a new formula, but these last few years it has not worked for me at all. Enter Cerave. I had a patient reccomend it when I first moved to Texas. At the time, I was only able to purchase it thru the website!! It was amazing, a little on the pricey side, but it worked so well, I didn’t care about the price!! It is a thicker consistency, but my skin loves it, and it doesn’t burn my skin like Aveeno does when my irritation is at an all time high! I had another excema flare up recently, and after all the crazy died down, this lotion did it’s job keeping me hydrated and comfortable. Definitely a staple in my skin scare arcinal. I do use this on my face but I try to steer away from my eyes, but, I’ve used it before and it works to keep my eye area hydrated!
Darline J.
Philadelphia, PA
This cream has been life changing! I have eczema and very dry skin especially in the winter. Since I've bought this cream, my skin hasn't been dry or itchy. It works great everywhere including my face without being greasy. Even when I am doing a full face of makeup, I can use CeraVe (with or without primer), and it doesn't cause my makeup to slip and slide like other moisturizers have. If I could give 6 of 5 stars, I would!
Gabrielle W.
Plano, IL
This moisturizer is U N R E A L. I’ve used more products than I can count on my face, as my skin type is very dry. Before, I had to put on makeup to leave the house. Now, I just put on some mascara, blush, under eye concealer, and go!! I use this every morning and night after washing my face, and you can get it at most drugstores! I’ll post a before and after picture of what my face looked like!
Anne N.
I lived in the Bay Area all my life and when I moved to Central Valley for college, my skin did not like the cold dry weather!  My skin was so dry that it started peeling!  Facial lotion that I had been using did not have enough moisture so I bought and started using the moisturizer cream on my face and after 2 days, my skin definitely improved!!  Now, at night, I use this moisturizer cream daily to keep my skin moisturized and soft.
Kelsey B.
For the price, you cannot beat CeraVe! My brother's dermatologist recommended it to him; he had really bad acne, and most lotions bothered his face. This one did not at all! Him and I both have sensitive skin, and it feels great on. It doesn't have a harsh fragrance and is great for men and women. The container is rather large and lasts a long time. This is great for your face or body!
Adrienne S.
I love this product! It's the only thing that has worked well for moisturizing and hydrating my dry face and lips. It also makes my skin glow! The only thing about this product is that it does feel quite heavy when you put it on, so I wouldn't recommend this to people with oily skin, but if you're normal-dry like me, I'd highly recommend giving this a try!!
Kristen B.
Not the best moisturizer I’ve used, but also not the worst. Doesn’t leave my skin feeling hydrated, but my skin will also not feel dry even though I have naturally dry skin. I guess it brings my skin back to normal levels, but I want my skin to look and feel hydrated. This may be good for you if you have oily skin because it isn’t overly hydrating
Cindy S.
Litchfield Pk, AZ
Do you use Cerave for both morning and night?
Wajiha F.
Does this cream absorb quickly ?
Amber H.
Cudahy, WI
Does this product work well with oily skin?
Gladys R.
Is this good for combination skin? I have acne but my fave is also dry in some areas. Does it feel very moisturizing? I'm using the Cerave facial moisturizing lotion and it doesn't feel too moisturizing. Is this one better?
Ashley H.
Marion, NC
I have very sensitive skin. Does this moisturizer cause you to break out?