BY CERAVE #4 in Facial Moisturizers

Type of skin:
Normal to dry

Areas of concern:
Dry skin, itchy skin, National Eczema Association accepted, psoriasis prone skin

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

• Do you use Cerave for both morning and night? 26 Answers
  • How good does this work? I have dry red skin on my face a...4 Answers
  • Looking for a new nighttime moisturizer, I have combo ski...3 Answers
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
  • "I have dry skin naturally and its been a burden for as long as i can remember and i always hated having to reapply lotion all day but i put this on in the morning and it works wonders! It doesn't leave you sticky like some lotions can goes on nicely and isn't heavy at all. Also last for a while because it comes it a good sized jar which make this good for being who want to be money-concious but get good quality." in 265 reviews
  • "CeraVe moisturizing cream is 100% awesome. I have really sensitive skin, and recently stumbled upon the oil-cleansing method -- so I've totally gotten rid of every face wash I own, and instead massage my face with olive oil every evening. After I rinse off the oil, I apply a thin layer of CeraVe, and my skin is seriously so soft and the clearest it's been in years. I haven't gotten a single new zit since I switched up my cleaning routine! The price is awesome, the tub is HUGE, and you only need a tiny bit to cover your whole face. It's kind of a bummer that it doesn't come with a pump, but you can buy one on amazon for like $10. That way the contents of the tub stay sanitary after many uses." in 214 reviews
  • "I have eczema and my skin is very sensitive, this is the only moisturizer that keeps my skin moisturized all day." in 159 reviews
bella G.
this product is awful ! it was recommended by my dermatologist and as i began to use it it made my skin worse ! i have sensitive skin and acne and this product is the worse thing i could’ve used. it is way too greasy and thick and I as i apply it at night i wake up in the morning with dry and flaky skin. It made my skin irritated and it felt like i was putting oil on my skin. My dermatologist told me to wear it underneath my makeup but it is not effective at all. it does not blend well with makeup and creates a crust that looks absolutely terrible. it creates flaky areas all over my face and it looks horrendous. It is very sticky and greasy when applied. Also, it started to burn as i applied it and i had to wash it off with cold water immediately. i wasted my money on the large container and im very disappointed.
T B.
I can not rave about this product enough! I've used this brand for their facial moisturizers and they've worked very well. Then, I noticed that they sell body lotions and creams and I knew I had to try them. I was told that lotions in a jar are more heavy duty and that is for sure with this product! I use it on my legs, arms, and hands and they've never been softer. Within a few days I noticed a difference! I thought my skin was soft before, and boy was I wrong. This is great in the winter time when everything is dry and needs the moisture. Its also great to use in the summer after tanning and a shower to help keep the skin moisturized after being dried out from the sun. I apply this once a day after a shower and have noticed a world of difference. I highly recommend this to anyone with any skin type. It doesn't have a heavy fragrance and is easy to apply. In addition, it also dries rather quickly and the consistency is not like other lotions. Other lotions can be watery and this one is thick. Love this product and I highly recommend it! 5/5 Stars!
Jenna C.
My all time favorite moisturizer!! I have combo skin & this keeps my skin nice and moisturized throughout the day without a greasy feeling unlike the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. This leaves my skin matte and smooth. I prefer the one with the pump instead of the one in the tub like container (like in the picture) because it’s more sanitary then having ur fingers all in the product. This product has a thick consistency but feels light on the face. Highly recommend!!!
Michele C.
My husband bought this to use on his face. I tried it out because I ran out of moisturizer and now I'm hooked. It's a great versatile moisturizing cream. I use this on my face as a final step in my skincare process to lock in all the previous layers. It has not broke my face out, which is a huge plus in my book. It can be used almost anywhere. I am a chronic lip skin peeler, I have found that putting a little on the lips has healed my chapped lips. The tub is a little unhygienic, but since I use this after washing it is fine for me. I think theres a pump version that you can buy. Great stuff.
Elizabeth R.
Waverly, IA
At first, I was under the thought that this cream/ lotion was for your face even though it didn't specify. However, after using it for the first week I wanted to look it up to see if I could buy it in a bugger container since I had bought a small travel size while I was on vacation. When I found out it was totally meant for your face I was horrified and worried, as well as other people, respectively.

This, however, works great on my oily skin after I wash my face, and keeps it moisturized without excess oil throughout the day. This has gotten rid of pesky bumps on my forehead and hasn't clogged my pores. I also have very sensitive skin and this didn't bother it at all
cx s.
Perfect for dry, flaky and especially sensitive skin!!! There is no fragrance or harsh chemicals so it works perfectly on my dry and sensitive skin. It doesn’t leave an oily residue like some cream moisturizers and instead dries down pretty quickly while still keeping you moisturized. I use this every morning to add a light amount of moisture to my skin that won’t end up making me look shiny. Comes in a HUGE container, will last you for a long time!
Jessica G.
Findlay , OH
I use this as a skin barrier after BOTH AM and PM skincare routine to form a barrier protection to seal in my skincare. A little goes a long way. I ALWAYS recommend putting anything on the face with the Spatty or another silicone tool to keep product contamination free. This barrier goes on BEFORE I prime my face for makeup application and AFTER I apply a sleep mask or night cream to my face. It keeps everything sealed in. At night I use a silk pillowcase. It keeps my skin moist and it keeps wrinkles at bay to maximize my skincare routine benefits.
Amy P.
Love, love love this cream! I typically have dehydrated skin, especially in winter, and I have suffered from eczema all my life. I never really thought to give CeraVe a try until I started watching Dr. Dray on YouTube. She raves about the brand and explains what ceremides are and how important they are to skin health. I'm so glad I started using this- my skin feels AMAZING. I put it on straight out of the shower in damp skin and it absorbs pretty quick without a greasy feel. This cream with be a permanent fixture in my bathroom forever.
Bailee K.
Virginia Beach
I have been using this moisturizer for about a year now and I am very happy with it. As an oily skin gal, I can confidently say that this moisturizes without the greasy/oily feeling in the morning. I love mixing this with Rosehip Oil in the evening and letting it sink in until bedtime! I have tried using this in the morning but find it to be too thick under makeup or for everyday wear in general! Might repurchase (looking to try other nighttime moisturizers)
Bern A.
KATY
Ever since I was little, Aveeno has been the only thing that ever worked on my dry, irritated, itchy excema skin. I don’t know if it’s a new formula, but these last few years it has not worked for me at all. Enter Cerave. I had a patient reccomend it when I first moved to Texas. At the time, I was only able to purchase it thru the website!! It was amazing, a little on the pricey side, but it worked so well, I didn’t care about the price!! It is a thicker consistency, but my skin loves it, and it doesn’t burn my skin like Aveeno does when my irritation is at an all time high! I had another excema flare up recently, and after all the crazy died down, this lotion did it’s job keeping me hydrated and comfortable. Definitely a staple in my skin scare arcinal. I do use this on my face but I try to steer away from my eyes, but, I’ve used it before and it works to keep my eye area hydrated!
Cindy S.
Litchfield Pk, AZ
Do you use Cerave for both morning and night?
Wajiha F.
Does this cream absorb quickly ?
Amber H.
Cudahy, WI
Does this product work well with oily skin?
Ashley H.
Marion, NC
I have very sensitive skin. Does this moisturizer cause you to break out?
Gladys R.
Is this good for combination skin? I have acne but my fave is also dry in some areas. Does it feel very moisturizing? I'm using the Cerave facial moisturizing lotion and it doesn't feel too moisturizing. Is this one better?