BY CERAVE #18 in Lotion

Type of skin:
Normal to dry

Areas of concern:
Dry skin, itchy skin, National Eczema Association accepted, psoriasis prone skin

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

• How good does this work? I have dry red skin on my face and also no...4 Answers
  • Do you use Cerave for both morning and night? 25 Answers
  • Would you recommend using this during the day or at night? I don't ...2 Answers
Kelly H.
Kelly H.
Berkeley, CA
Best moisturizer hands down. I have very dry skin and was constantly looking for a new and better moisturizer. I kept trying 60-100 dollar fancy moisturizers that promised hydrated refreshed skin but none ever really held my attention. When I was prescribed topical acne medicine they recommended this to apply beforehand to counteract the drying effect of my new medicine and it has worked amazingly. At first I was underwhelmed given the price ( I like many others thought subconsciously that the more you pay the better the product) and the packaging but I noticed a huge difference after 2 weeks. My skin was hydrated and plump but also soft. When I stopped using it during travel my skin became texturized in the worst way possible. From now on I will never be without it and you cant beat the price. If you have more oily skin and don't want the highly thick consistency that the cream offers they also do a moisturizing lotion which comes in a bottle with a pump, something the cream lacks as it is in a jar.
Also if you are worried about contamination given the open jar form of the cream I recommend buying the smaller ones so you can go through it faster and theres less time for bacteria to build up though Ive had no problems with this before.
It also works well for a body lotion given the price point and the highly moisturizing effect.
Rebecca N.
Rebecca N.
Cumming, GA
I purchased this when my daughter was 2 and was having such awful atopic eczema which we later found out was due to food allergies..we tried every lotion on the shelves, specialty, and prescriptions but nothing worked and she was in pain because of the strong ingredients & contant itching. Her pedi finally sent us to an allergist and she told us to use @CeraVe every day and night and as many times in between. She is 4 now and we still use it daily, but just 2-3 times a day. It's not greasy nor leaves a residue. At first it did burn slightly because of the low amount of Hyaluronic Acid in the cream but she's so used to it, it doesn't burn her at all. I'm so grateful to @CeraVe for creating a product that truly has given my daughter confidence to wear her skirts, shorts and t-shirts. It's made my anxiety so much better knowing she's not continuously scratching to the point of getting staph.
Run out and by any of @CeraVe products! Body wash,lotion, moisturizer & sunscreen I NEED to TRY!!
Chessa C.
Chessa C.
Oh my god I honestly cannot say enough good things about this moisturizer! Since I was a baby I'd struggled with severe eczema (had staph when I was a year or so old, chronically dry, the itchiest kid you've ever seen) and it got to a point where my skin was so dry it literally started flaking off and disintegrating (it happened to be my neck skin so it was highly visible and I would get a few concerned comments). I'd tried so many different creams and lotions and ointments, ranging from drugstore products to prescription steroids. CeraVe, however, was what (FINALLY) did the trick. Within a few days (maybe a week?) my flaking skin had gotten almost completely better (certainly better than it had ever been) and continues to help me-- I've been using it for four years so far and I still absolutely adore it. Not greasy whatsoever but intensely hydrating and works for moisturizing literally anything, including face, hands, body, etc. Absolutely life-saving.
Kerrie S.
Kerrie S.
Pensacola, FL
I have not received any of this product for free for any reason, nor have I been paid to write this review.

I was incredibly hesitant to buy this because of the price, but I had never heard of a ceramide an I'm always desperate enough for relief that I'll try anything new. This cream FAR exceeded my expectations. I have Ichthyosis Vulgaris, and I LOVE CeraVe cream. I have never said I love a lotion. Ever! This makes my lizard-like skin feel silky smooth and helps to keep my skin so moist that when I shower, I can exfoliate my skin much easier, resulting in legitimately SMOOTH skin. Also, the snow when I take off my clothes? Gone!! It's like new skin.

I see some other folks saying it is thick and hard to put on, and I can totally see that. I find it goes on easier after a shower, but I wouldn't change one thing. It's perfect for someone with skin as awful as mine. For those who don't want the thickness, try the lotion instead of the cream. :)
Candy B.
Candy B.
Sahuarita, AZ
I have dry skin so I'm always on the market for a good moisturizer. This one has rave reviews so I definitely had to try it! And the final verdict? I'm not a fan. The texture is quite heavy and takes too long to soak up. And when it does, it leaves an greasy-like film on your face. (Not good for those days I want to wear makeup.) This is definitely a better choice as a nighttime moisturizer because of its cream, heavier hydration consistency. The formula also didn't work well with my skin and broke me out quite heavily. I used it a bit before realizing this and can understand how many people love this product. Very hydrating, just not for my personal preference and face type. Works good for body.
Nhi P.
Nhi P.
Beaumont, TX
I use this as my night pack, and have ditched all of my expensive designer products. It's hydrating without feeling goopy. I have used this as a part of a simpler routine, but have found it gentle, so was able to add serums, eye creams, essences, etc.

I also use this for my children's skin.

My only concern is during application. It's a tub, so if your hands aren't clean or if you aren't using a sterilized spatula to get your product, then you are allowing bacteria into the tub. I have seen packages with a pump (at least at CVS.)

Have been using for years, and plan on repurchasing for years to come.

Susan H.
Susan H.
Trenton, TN
I bought this moisturizer upon recommendation from a friend for my husband who has really dry skin year round. We've tried expensive body butters, creams and other lotions and nothing compares to this at all! I've been applying it to his back daily and with the renainder left on my hands I've been rubbing it in gently. To my surprise, my hands have never felt better and so super soft in mid winter!! I would 100% recommend this product based on the price point, availability in drugstores, Walmart and the like, light (if any) scent, and how wonderfully well it performs!
Nisa Z.
Nisa Z.
This is a very nice unscented thick cream moisturizer for people with sensitive skin. I use this on my face and I haven't found it to break out my skin even though I have acne prone skin. I love that it comes in such a big tub that lasts about a year for me. It is very long lasting. I use this all over my body and my face. It keeps my skin moisturized and silky until the next shower.

The only down side is that the packaging is in the jar form but they have started selling a version with a pump so if you're looking to purchase this definitely get the one with the pump!
Andrea K.
Andrea K.
I absolutely LOVE this cream and have kept it stocked since I first heard about it. Someone recommended this to me when I was going through a really bad eczema flare up, this cream kept my skin moisturized without causing more reactions. My eczema is now healed and my skin is back to normal yet I still use this cream from head to toe! My skin tends to by dry except my face is oily but I can use this cream everywhere. It doesn't make my face more oily or break me out. I enjoy mixing this with an acne moisturizer. It absorbs so quickly, my skin just soaks it up.
Brittany F.
Brittany F.
Bellingham, Wa
I use this in conjunction with CeraVe's face cleanser and I can definitely tell when I skip out on it. It really does return the moisture to my skin and without it my skin becomes too dry and itchy. It doesn't come across greasy at all, and you don't need a lot of it to cover your face. I only end up dabbing a finger or two into it for each "zone" of my face. It dries pretty quick in my opinion and I've never experienced any burning from it or whatnot. I only wish it had a pump lid instead of a tub to prevent contamination through dipping your fingers in it.
Cindy S.
Cindy S.
Litchfield Pk, AZ
Do you use Cerave for both morning and night?
Wajiha F.
Wajiha F.
Does this cream absorb quickly ?
Amber H.
Amber H.
Cudahy, WI
Does this product work well with oily skin?
Gladys R.
Gladys R.
Is this good for combination skin? I have acne but my fave is also dry in some areas. Does it feel very moisturizing? I'm using the Cerave facial moisturizing lotion and it doesn't feel too moisturizing. Is this one better?
Ashley H.
Ashley H.
Marion, NC
I have very sensitive skin. Does this moisturizer cause you to break out?