BY CERAVE #1 in Facial Moisturizers

A compromised skin barrier can lead to dryness and itching—and aggravate skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. A moisturizing cream can help reinforce the skin barrier with hydrating ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, or a ceramide cream that replenishes essential skin barrier components.

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream acts as both by effectively hydrating as it helps restore the skin’s protective barrier. Developed with dermatologists and ideal for dry and very dry skin on the face and body, this rich, non-greasy, fast-absorbing moisturizing cream features patented MVE Delivery Technology to release a steady stream of hyaluronic acid and three essential ceramides throughout the day and night. Suitable for sensitive skin, this oil-free and fragrance-free ceramide cream also helps the skin hold on to moisture while improving its look and feel.

• Suitable for dry and very dry skin on the face and body
  • MVE Technology: This patented delivery system continually releases moisturizing ingredients for 24-hour hydration
  • Ceramides: Essential for healthy skin, ceramides help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
  • Hyaluronic acid: This ingredient attracts hydration to the skin’s surface and helps the skin retain moisture
  • Non-comedogenic, oil-free, hypoallergenic, fragrance-free and suitable for sensitive skin
  • Developed with dermatologists

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Usage:

• Apply liberally as often as needed, or as directed by a physician.

• Have anyone tried using this as face cream? How do you li...3 Answers
  • Do you use Cerave for both morning and night? 26 Answers
  • Is this product greasy? 4 Answers
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
  • "I have dry skin naturally and its been a burden for as long as i can remember and i always hated having to reapply lotion all day but i put this on in the morning and it works wonders! It doesn't leave you sticky like some lotions can goes on nicely and isn't heavy at all. Also last for a while because it comes it a good sized jar which make this good for being who want to be money-concious but get good quality." in 265 reviews
  • "CeraVe moisturizing cream is 100% awesome. I have really sensitive skin, and recently stumbled upon the oil-cleansing method -- so I've totally gotten rid of every face wash I own, and instead massage my face with olive oil every evening. After I rinse off the oil, I apply a thin layer of CeraVe, and my skin is seriously so soft and the clearest it's been in years. I haven't gotten a single new zit since I switched up my cleaning routine! The price is awesome, the tub is HUGE, and you only need a tiny bit to cover your whole face. It's kind of a bummer that it doesn't come with a pump, but you can buy one on amazon for like $10. That way the contents of the tub stay sanitary after many uses." in 214 reviews
  • "I have eczema and my skin is very sensitive, this is the only moisturizer that keeps my skin moisturized all day." in 159 reviews
Rachel M.
Brooklyn
Purchased at: CVS
Bought this for the first time at CVS with my 40% off anything coupon and my $10 off Health & Beauty coupon. Gave it a try after the reviews on here, I have to say out of all the moisturizers I use this one does not leave a greasy residue. It's super gentle on my skin, which is great especially since I have sensitive/combo skin and also rosacea. During the winter time my cheeks and the area around my mouth usually get super dry and flaky but my nose is still slightly shiny, after this moisturizer, those dry flaky areas are moisturized and soft all day. It truly does leave my skin feeling super supple and smooth. I recommend it to those with sensitive skin. I would definitely buy again.
lilly d.
arlington
Purchased at: Walmart
This particular version of the cream is amazing and perfect if you have any skin condition like eczema, acne, other types of dermatitis, or even psoriasis. It doesn’t contain any ingredients that will clog your pores or aggravate any pre-existing skin condition. I had some dryness on my legs that other creams just didn’t seem to “heal”. I didn’t just want a temporary mask, I wanted something that would lead to fixing the skin barrier. My dermatologist recommended this brand and I immediately saw improvements.

It’s not oily, it’s not sticky, the lotion is white and rich, on the thicker side. Leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. If you have acne, make sure this is the version you get.
Krysten A.
Longview
Purchased at: Walmart
I’ve tried tons of high end moisturizers and decided to try this when I ran out of my Drunk Elephant Protini. Reading so many great reviews, and seeing many of my favorite youtubers rave about it, I picked it up at Walmart and decided to try it and WOW I love it! It’s a thicker lotion but it absorbs so well and so fast! I was shocked! I have normal acne prone skin with some dryness due to a new retinol. I wish it didn’t have parabens in it but overall it’s a fantastic moisturizer that does a great job at moisturizer and absorbing. No greasy feeling and you only need a little lotion to cover. I’ll be using this for a long time!
Angel T.
Pago Pago
Purchased at: Walmart
I have combination skin and since moving to the mainland, the colder months have been doing a number on my skin. I bought this on a whim and let me tell you, this has worked wonders for me. The size is great (on my second month and I still have more than half of product left) and I only use a little bit for my whole face and I use it on my elbows and knees as well. My face feels refreshed after I put it on and stays nice and moisturized the whole day. The only complaint I have is that it doesn’t come with a pump but I have a little silicone scoop for getting product instead of just dipping my fingers in the tub.
Hailey W.
Love love love cerave! Would give more stars if I could! I use this cream not only for my face but all over and also on my children. My second has eczema and this is the ONLY cream that works without clogging her pores or leaving her oily. It does go on just a slight bit greasy feeling but is soaked into your skin so quickly you can get dressed right after without that sticky feeling. I have tried other comparable brands but nothing works as well. Will never use another cream/lotion again. I highly recommend for babies, children and adults with sensative skin or eczema. Could not live without it, seriously.
krista r.
This product is amazing! I bought it to use on my face as I have really dry areas, especially where my wrinkles are starting. My skin is usually combination skin. I thought this might be too thick of a lotion to use on my face and might cause greasiness or breakouts, but it has not. It had worked great to soften the appearance of my five lines and has kept my dry skin now moisturized. It does not feel heavy on my face, and even makes applying my foundation nicer. Highly recommend.
Madeline D.
Clifton, NJ
I can't sing enough praises about this moisturizing cream. I use it everywhere that I feel dry. It's definitely a heavier moisturizer though so keep this in mind. I have really oily skin but when I use Drunk Elephant's retinol product, my skin can be a tad drier some nights so when I notice that, I use a little bit of this (and I do mean a little bit) and I wake up the next morning and my skin is plump and moisturized. Ironically, even though my face is extremely oily, the rest of my body is crazy dry so I use this after I get out of the shower and I am not tight or itchy or ashy at all with this product. I love it so much.
Nidia R.
lorton
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream I have been looking for a good moisturizer that is good and affordable. I tried many moisturizers but none seem to help me with my dry skin. Until I tried this amazing baby, my face feels soft after I applied it. Is helping me with my dry face, which gets really dry during winter time. Now I use this moisturizing cream twice or three time a day. The only thing I wish the could have a travel size. So far I’m getting great results.
bella G.
this product is awful ! it was recommended by my dermatologist and as i began to use it it made my skin worse ! i have sensitive skin and acne and this product is the worse thing i could’ve used. it is way too greasy and thick and I as i apply it at night i wake up in the morning with dry and flaky skin. It made my skin irritated and it felt like i was putting oil on my skin. My dermatologist told me to wear it underneath my makeup but it is not effective at all. it does not blend well with makeup and creates a crust that looks absolutely terrible. it creates flaky areas all over my face and it looks horrendous. It is very sticky and greasy when applied. Also, it started to burn as i applied it and i had to wash it off with cold water immediately. i wasted my money on the large container and im very disappointed.
lorelei l.
Arizona
I have EXTREMELY dry skin to the point where it can flake off (ew) around my nose and forehead no matter what moisturizer I use, so I was beyond happy when the CeraVe one helped my skin stay from completely drying out. I also use the CeraVe P.M moisturizer as a part of my night routine and it has worked wonders on keeping my skin looking and feeling super moisturized and soft.
Cindy S.
Litchfield Pk, AZ
Do you use Cerave for both morning and night?
Wajiha F.
Does this cream absorb quickly ?
Amber H.
Cudahy, WI
Does this product work well with oily skin?
Ashley H.
Marion, NC
I have very sensitive skin. Does this moisturizer cause you to break out?
Megan W.
COLOGNE, MN
Does this cream work for very dry skin?