BY CERAVE #23 in Lotion

Type of skin:
Normal to dry

Areas of concern:
Dry skin, itchy skin, National Eczema Association accepted, psoriasis prone skin

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

• How good does this work? I have dry red skin on my face and also ...4 Answers
  • Do you use Cerave for both morning and night? 25 Answers
  • Would you recommend using this during the day or at night? I don'...2 Answers
Megs M.
Milwaukee, WI
Perfect for dry, flaky and especially sensitive skin!!! There is no fragrance or harsh chemicals so it works perfectly on my dry and sensitive skin. It doesn’t leave an oily residue like some cream moisturizers and instead dries down pretty quickly while still keeping you moisturized. I use this every morning to add a light amount of moisture to my skin that won’t end up making me look shiny. Comes in a HUGE container, will last you for a long time!
Bern A.
KATY
Ever since I was little, Aveeno has been the only thing that ever worked on my dry, irritated, itchy excema skin. I don’t know if it’s a new formula, but these last few years it has not worked for me at all. Enter Cerave. I had a patient reccomend it when I first moved to Texas. At the time, I was only able to purchase it thru the website!! It was amazing, a little on the pricey side, but it worked so well, I didn’t care about the price!! It is a thicker consistency, but my skin loves it, and it doesn’t burn my skin like Aveeno does when my irritation is at an all time high! I had another excema flare up recently, and after all the crazy died down, this lotion did it’s job keeping me hydrated and comfortable. Definitely a staple in my skin scare arcinal. I do use this on my face but I try to steer away from my eyes, but, I’ve used it before and it works to keep my eye area hydrated!
Amyy 😙.
Chicago
I used to use this product on my face but the Ceteareth-20 and the Cetearyl Alcohol made me break out with cystic acne on my cheeks which never happens. I ended up using it on my body and I love it because there is no greasy feeling at all and it absorbs into your skin in seconds. I have eczema and it flares up whenever winter comes around so it is a lifesaver for my hands!
Jennifer L.
Cerritos, CA
Not sure if you’re supposed to use this on your face, but I hate very dry skin and this feels great whenever I come home with dry skin from the wind. It has no scent, and it doesn’t leave a greasy film. I use this all over my body after the shower. Apply when your body is still wet for even more moisture!
Megan D.
Philadelphia, PA
This is my favorite moisturizer, hands down. The tub lasts absolutely forever too! I swear when I put this on (morning and night, every day) it feels like my skin had a cool glass of water. Also soothes sunburn and heals it with no damage in about three days. It’s better than aloe!
Hannah B.
Milwaukee, WI
I should start by saying that I wanted to use this product as my facial moisturizer. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. I wanted to love this product because of all of the positive reviews, but it broke me out almost instantly! I continued to try it for a week, but I got deep cystic bumps in places that I almost never break out. Additionally, this somehow made my skin more dry. I would wake up in the morning with many dry patches. I've stopped using this on my face, but will still give it a shot as a body moisturizer.
Erin Z.
Pontiac, MI
For the price Ceravae never fails me. After spending countless dollars on top rated moisturizers, i went with this. Nothing keeps me hydrated all day quite like this does, which is a big deal to anyone on retin treatment. No fragrance, no funny business, just moisture.
Victoria H.
I bought this at sams for under $11 comes with a pump great for no mess. I did like this moisturizer at first since I used to use the cetaphil moisturizer with the blue too but now I don think the company makes it anymore. I wanted to try this one out to see if it was similar. The cream is way too think for me I only apply it at night now with a few drops of vitamin E oil bc it's so thick I feel like it's too rough for my skin.
Amruta K.
Hackensack, NJ
This is a great cream and great value for the amount of product that this huge tub contains. Its a cream that everyone in the household would use. my husband also prefers using this cream. This cream provides intense hydration that doesn't make the skin oily. But I feel the hydration doesn't stay long enough on the skin. I feel the need to keep re-moisturizing every now and then. Its a good product to have in a household that can be used by one and all, even kids as the formulation of the product is safe and fragrance free.
Skyla N.
Sioux falls, SD
This is what I use on my face twice a day after cleansing! I love it so much and it’s very hydrating. It’s so good for my complexion and acne prone skin because it hydrates but doesn’t create oil. Have used this for over 3 years now and am not changing :)
Cindy S.
Litchfield Pk, AZ
Do you use Cerave for both morning and night?
Wajiha F.
Does this cream absorb quickly ?
Amber H.
Cudahy, WI
Does this product work well with oily skin?
Ashley H.
Marion, NC
I have very sensitive skin. Does this moisturizer cause you to break out?
Gladys R.
Is this good for combination skin? I have acne but my fave is also dry in some areas. Does it feel very moisturizing? I'm using the Cerave facial moisturizing lotion and it doesn't feel too moisturizing. Is this one better?